2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4920 results found

1. Need a Tab with GREP/Style Change setting instead of just decimal

SHORT DESCRIPTION: A new type of tab which will accept multiple align characters in a GREP-like statement and/or align on a style change.

The video provides a longer description. In tables involving figures and footnotes, a decimal tab is often not enough. What if the footnote is a number, or the footnote is surrounded by parenthesis? These are things which our clients specify for tables in the financial reporting industry, but apply to other industries as well.

If we could specify multiple characters to align upon, in a GREP-like "or" statement, that would help. Or the ability to align on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add an import options dialogue for importing InCopy documents into InDesign

Just like when importing Word documents, you can select what stylesheets and attributes to bring into the InDesign or InCopy document, add the same options dialogue window when importing InCopy documents into InDesign. Oftentimes the writer of the InCopy story doesn't use the same stylesheets as the InDesign document. In my case, I build newspapers and we are constantly improving the design and simplifying the naming process for stylesheets. The reporters forget to use the template and therefore old styles or misnamed styles get brought into the document. There are ways around this of course, but when I need to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can't save or open files

I keep getting error 4 damaged document, cannot save, in Indesign 13.1

It stops me from saving or opening files. I have to quit Indesign 13.1 before I can proceed. Then it seems to work. I have deleted the cache as suggested countless times, it still happens. I have a feeling it's something to do with Illustrator 22.1, when I open that to work on a file and then quit it. It is then that I seem to get the error code 4 in indesign. Can you please advise.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. InDesign on wrong monitor

I loaded LR, PS, and AI, then moved them from primary monitor (in upright format) to a secondary monitor (which is in landscape format), maximise them, close them. Next time I open them, they always remember to load to the same place as before, namely the second monitor.

But InDesign keeps loading in the primary monitor, I have to keep shifting it over to the secondary monitor every time I start InDesign.

Seeking the forum for answers, I noticed someone already asked that question, why do it keeps opening in primary window, and it was posted around 2015 or thereabouts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

I posted this in the wrong place (XD). Sorry if I seem to be putting this on blast.
    I've been hoping for this for a long time, and I hope others agree.

A feature that would increase my workflow in a major way is this:

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Spiral text in a path

Text on the spiral path tool.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Radial text box

I’d like to have my text radiate from the outside or inside of round text boxes. Like the spokes of a bicycle.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Come on guys!!!!!! Most of your applications on Mac are horrible when it comes to multiple screens. PLEASE FIX THIS SH1T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you get the point even though it has been said before.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I need the lasted Pantone Solid coated v3 library please, efi Fiery has them.

Need new Pantone libraries please. efi and Xerox RIPs have them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Scroll able content or text

there should be a feature scroll-able content or text within the page in indesign cc 2018 for e-publishing

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A button to convert or set swatches from Coated or Uncoated PMS to the opposite in a instant. Like a master switch.

In Prepress there are 2 sets of PMS swatches, and clients do not know when to use either correctly or use both on the same layout.

We need a master switch to use either/or, and be able to switch between them with a click of a button. I would think this would be a page setting or something.

I have attached a zip containing 2 indesign files, 1 of which has been provided by our client and the other has the UNCOATED swatches converted to COATED for press print.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tighter integration of TypeKit

It seems silly that when you open an InDesign document and it uses TypeKit fonts that aren't available, there is no direct link to take you to the website and fix this.

Firstly, it should just automatically activate the fonts if they're in TypeKit and you haven't already hit your limit.

Secondly, if for some reason this behaviour is undesirable, you should be able to activate them from within InDesign. The process for new/occasional users is actually quite hard: a vague mention of the Creative Cloud app is all you get. Many users don't know what that is. Then you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include anchored object options when copying and pasting (eg an image)

I'm working on a document which uses images as icons to indicate particular activities. I'm copying and pasting the images as anchored objects, but each time have to go into the options to set the Custom anchored position. It would be great if it wasn't necessary to do this for each image.

(I'm a relative newcomer to InDesign, so may be missing something else in terms of how this can be achieved.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Incorporate Illustrator vector files into Indesign

I understand that Indesign was born as a layout software where inside it will be connected PSD and AI external source files and the modification should be done in the dedicated software.

Evaluate, in simple cases, the practicality of changes in Indesign.
    I'll explain.

It would be good to be able to modify simple carriers such as brands and logos or small icons directly inside IDs. Example ... Layout of catalogs of a company with logo A.
    This Logo if paginated on a white background could go in the full color version ... If the logo goes on a dark…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Easier conversion of tables from Word to InDesign

I would love to be able to copy and paste cells exactly as they are in MS Word and MS Excel into a formatted InDesign table. Unfortunately, if there is a hard return in one of the cells in MS, then InDesign reads it as a new cell so you have to copy cell by cell.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add option to center Document Grid on page (instead of aligned left)

Please add an option to center the Document Grid to the middle of the page. That is, instead of the origin of the grid being placed at the top left of the document, have an option to place the grid origin at the top center of the page. This way, extra space that "overflows" the grid is evenly distributed at the edges of the document (as a kind of default gutter), instead of the current behavior, in which the grid is aligned to the left edge of the document and any "overflow" space is only on the right side of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Non-transparant inks

We, a printshop using offset and digital (HP-Indigo) presses, are using non-transpartant spot-colors like White or Foil. Indesign handles spot-colors as transparant. For normal inks, this is OK, but not for those mentioned, since these are opaque. I know the overprint-attribute does something almost similar, but it's not exactly the same.

So i need an option to define a spotcolor as 'Non-Transparent'.

It seems to me that for screen-printing this would also be a valuable option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't ask to save a [Converted] document if I haven't made any changes to it

There are so many updates to InDesign these days and I have so many files it's guaranteed that most of my files will now be in the "previous" version so I get them all opening as "[Converted]". Most of the time I just open them to refer to things, so it's annoying when you close it and it asks you if you want to save it even though you haven't done anything.

Like any other document, ID should know if you've made any changes. If you haven't, it should just close the document without prompting you to save it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Long text authoring experience

InDesign is usually employed in post-production, after the auther had finished writing a book, a screenwriter his script. You could make inDesign the tool of choice for writers, thanks to its wonderful authoring experience. Enhanced long document editor. This opens the market for independent publishers and authors to make their creation end-to-end, from inception to finish

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base