When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. remove canvas size limits for wide format printing _ or make an option to work in 10% scale mode

Either remove the limitations or provide a "10% mode" that can be switched to (with a click of a button) that calculates dimensions and gives a visual representation of the artwork degradation of the files after enlarging to 100%

actually anything that would help large format printers - which is a large part of your user base - but seems to be forgotten during your program design stage

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Vertical Pages Placement

Vertical Pages Placement would be ideal for creating emails and web pages quicker. (Please see the attached image to understand what I am referring to)

The idea is to created the pages vertically at the correct pixel size and in the correct flow order of the email/webpage design, that once the design is complete you can easily export the individual element as separate .jpg or .png etc.

When looking at the numbers on the different boxes (Pages) I would like to be able to place number 6 next to box 5 on the right so it aligns with the rest…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. datamerge control layer visibility and ability to control more via data

would be cool if we could select the ID-layers-visibility via datamerge. (like Photoshop can do since CS1)
    For example:

data1: layer1 is visible, layer 2 is invisible
    data2: layer2 is visible, layer 1 is invisible
    etc.

AND: it would be great to select objectstyles via datamerge. like XMPie can do.

But XMPie is far much too expensive for small daily business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. InDesign needs to be able to work with files that are 100% cloud-based

Our company has moved all of our files to BOX (cloud-based). InDesign's links do not recognize URL so it defaults to our local drive.

We had to reach out to a company called Silicon Publishing and purchase a connector (plugin/extension) to deal with all the links that need to be cloud based (a true URL path).

Why had Adobe not addressed this and why are we having to purchase plugins to make the software work correctly?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change PDF page number / .ai artboard number without placing the file each time

In a similar sense to the Object Layer Options, it would be awesome if there was a context menu option to switch to a different page number in .pdf and different artboards in .ai files.

This way when inserting a multiple page PDF For example, I can copy the object then go into the context menu and select the next desired page. Currently I spend more time looking through the OS filesystem to place the same PDF again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to name pages

Hi, I think it would be really handy if the pages would have a rename feature. Rather than them being labelled page 1, 2 etc in the Pages tab, the User could label them as needed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to change the page of the linked pdf

I would love to see the ability to change the page number of a linked pdf in the links palette - as it stands you have to relink file, click 'show import options' (which then remains on when you don't want it to) navigate to the pdf then click through what page you want to display. It's slow and clunky. A simple icon next to the link where you could select the desired page would speed my workflow up massively.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bigger preview in Import pdf panel

It is hard to see the PDF preview in the Import PDF panel.
    It would be great if you could choose the size of the thumbnail or adjust the size of the entire panel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remember the view pages preference (alternate layout/vert/horiz) for documents

I go back and forth a lot working with documents with alternate layouts and those without. It would be helpful if the page view preference is saved along with the document instead of switching back and forth manually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tabbing Sequence in Properties window

When changing an open document's size from Properties window, pressing tab after changing the 'Width' takes you to 'Number of pages' field instead of 'Height' field.

When working quickly this can disrupt productivity, especially when you're waiting to have '297 pages' created instead of simply changing the canvas to 297mm height. A minor but convenient change.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add Units/increments within File>Document Setup...

Please add Units/increments within File>Document Setup...
    So a user can easily change a document's units without changing the application preferences. The way it is now is confusing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Save Page(s) as File(s)

I prepare files for a team of 5 designers at my local university. In order for the designers to work on the project they need each page as a separate .indd file. As it would make my life easier and sounds like I don't want to do my job it would increase my workflow immensely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Load Master Pages the same as Paragraph and Character Styles

Load Master Page options should be same as Loading Paragraph/Character Styles, with options to choose which Master you want to load/overwrite. I have documents with multiple Masters, but I may just want to update one of them. In current state, I have to load all Masters from another document, which forces unwanted changes to the other Master Pages that did not require updating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the visibility of a form field contingent on text entered in a previous form field.

More specifically, I need text entered into a previous form field prior to the visibility of other fields. For example, you cannot fill out a title field without completing a name box previously. Ideally, this could be an option under "event" on the "Buttons and Forms" menu.

This is valuable when creating a form where data needs to be input for followup form fields to become visible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Spread Hide Option

Include spread hide option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. one document multiple user

Allow different users to access the same document files simultaneously to edit. Like in CAD programms were you can lock layers or pages so you can have one project sharing file within your working group.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Documents should open with spreads centered

When I open a document with two-page spreads, unless the zoom level is set to "fit in window," the document opens with the spreads off-center, usually to the left and down off the bottom edge. Then I have to manually drag them into place, or else choose "fit in window" and then size them down to whatever zoom level I'm working at. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm working on a book with many chapters which are frequently opened and closed. And contrary to some reports, InDesign doesn't "remember" the position when the file is next opened, unless that zoom…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Microsoft Office Compatibility

Documentation, documents and colors in Microsoft Word document come in differently.

It would be much better for us to work more with Office programs.

Please fix it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Weird grey objects appearing on pages

I updated my OS today -- and I'm having major problems with InDesign. For one, it's running slowly. More distressing, however, are the strange dark grey angular objects that are appearing on pages. They appear and then disappear and then reappear. See attached screenshots. Those grey objects are NOT part of my page design. I have no idea where they are coming from. This is a file created two months ago, and this is the first time I've encountered this problem. I'm using InDesign CC.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Selectable Document Font Folder

I've been waiting for a long time for the Document-font folder to be out of sync with the Indesign document. One should be able to determine the place itself.
    If I have many Indesign Docs (in campaigns sometimes several hundred) I have to either install the fonts or just in any folder where an Indesign Doc is located in a document font folder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base