1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lorem ipsum reminder before Save.

If "Lorem ipsum" appears in the file, when Save is tapped, before saving , a "Lorem ipsum Alert" should appear, so that this placeholder does not find its way into print in error. This suggestion applies to ID, PS and AI.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Overscroll Feature

It would be so nice to be able to enable overscroll in Indesign like you can in Photoshop. It feels so claustrophobic not being able to overscroll.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Feature Request: Support for Grayscale ICC profiles

Please add support for Grayscale profiles like in Photoshop. In InDesign, I can only define RGB and CMYK working space. In Photoshop, I can also define color space for grayscale files and files with spot colors.
    Many books, magazines or newspapers are still printed using black ink only. Minimal support for grayscale workflow makes creating monochrome documents for different papers complicated as InDesign cannot convert grayscale profiles (ie. from Dot Gain 15% to Dot Gain 25%).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Book panel - synchronize only select styles

Currently the book panel has an option to synchronize styles [paragraph and character] to the currently slected default file/chapter. However, it would be really useful to be able to only selectively synchronize specific styles instead of all styles. For instance, in my book with many fiels/chapters I have variations of styles based upon each individual chapter/fiel. However, certain styles such as the running head, the footer, page numbers I would like to be able to ensure that they are all the same without overwriting all the other styles tha t may have changed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide pages

Have the ability to hide pages in the indesign railway. For example, for the creation of a book, have the possibility to exclude some pages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cross-reference window really too small

I have to cross-reference dozens and dozens (not to say hundreds and hundreds) of items according to their item number. Of course, they all have a paragraph style and can be found, but not easily: the dialog box for the cross-reference is way too small, displaying only 6 items at the time and we need to scroll and scroll and scroll. On top of that, the items do not appear in alphabetical (or in this case by increasing number) but just randomly. Hair loss guaranted and nerve breaking after an hour of work on the menu too. Would it be…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. InDesign Templates and Style updates

I start by making an InDesign template and incorporating all the object and paragraph styles I think I'll need. Then from my template I create my first document. However, as I proceed with actual content on that document I find I want to modify some styles, add new ones, etc.

There does not seem to be a way to have my template updated automatically with those style changes/additions. This would be a great help because my template is no longer usable as an "old version". So, I have to save my new document onto and replace that older template (without…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increase section prefix 8 character limit

Can only have a section prefix of 8 letters. Would be nice to remove this limitation.

Any reason why a limit was imposed? Does it serve any purpose?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keeping the format when updating the spreadsheet link indesign data merge

After creating a linked data merge file, you can then go in and edit certain field. But, if the excel sheet needs updating, you then have to 'data merge' again and lose all formatted text/images etc. There are third party apps, like WordsFlow, but this is expensive. Please have this feature in InDesign! Thankings.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the page size

When changing the page size, the current page content is centered relative to the new size. Or it would be nice, if I could choose to attach current content to one of the corners of the page, the same way I can choose the transformation anchor point (the square with the nine anchor points)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for this suggestion. I need a little more information in trying to understand this request a bit more:

1. Is the situation that you have created a design already or have an existing design and now need to change the page size. Any description on why you need to change the page would be helpful.
    2. How drastic is the page size change. Is it just a minor change or is it something like changing from portrait mode to landscape.
    3. Please share links to any screenshot of the document where you recently needed this feature. This would help us better understand this request.

12. many users working on the same file simultaneously.

2 users - one is working on pages 1 to 20, other one is working from 21 to the end - but file is the same.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tabbing Order when creating a new document

When tabbing on NEW DOCUMENT, the tab order goes from Width - Units - Height. It should go from Width - Height - Units. Illustrator does this correctly, Indesign has them in different (and distracting) order. Consistent between apps would be helpful!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sub-folder grouping master pages

Implement a more robust system for grouping and organizing master pages. Current the long list view is cumbersome, and has limited view options (aside from the thumbnail size). A sub-folder system would allow for more truncated views of page groups that fit better in defined sets.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Eliminate document size limits

It would be great if there weren't size limit on documents. I am currently working on a very large design for a trade show booth. And I have to do it in Photoshop due to the size limits of InDesign. It is taking so much longer than it needs to because every time I try to transform or resize something, it takes 20 minutes to complete a small task Doing this in InDesign would be way better.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. command hot keys not working

Shift, option keys aren't working. Proportions won't constraint while holding the shift key and items won't duplicate while holding option key.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have the option to make page numbers as words (one, two, three).

Make it possible to add page numbers as words (one, two, three) as opposed to just numbers and roman numerals.
    Also make it possible to integrate this with things such as the Table of Contents feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding feature for first page number in Text Variable

We work a lot in typesetting Journal which need to mention page number for each article. The 'last page number' in Text Variable are very useful and I wish to have an option for first page number in the feature. In current situation, I have to change the first page number manually if the pagination changed.
    Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable Hyperlinks to Stay Live in PDFs ... Even After Importation into InDesign

Hi folks

We have figured out a 'work-around' to the problem of maintaining live hyperlinks in PDFs throughout the entire exporting/importing process in InDesign. However, it's purely a bandaid - although it works well. It would be great to have this process built in as a feature. I've attached a PDF with our workflow methodologies for your review.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hyperlink through ENTIRE book.

Hyperlink pages throughout an entire book. You can only link on the current pages of a document and not the book - I've a 100 page + document and I've to combine it into one doc - madness!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base