1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

385 results found

1. Make it easier to reorder and group pages.

Not that I want inDesign to be Keynote, but they're kicking butt in the page re-ordering department. I make presentations a lot in inDesign, and re-ordering, nesting and duplicating pages is a huge pain.
    In Keynote you can move them around, group them, duplicate sections, nest them and a few other things, with no problem. inDesign's pages window is due for a reboot.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. By providing the flexibility to apply language settings to the entire document.

Hi i have an indesign document and just finished working on it. And i realized that language setting on this document is Turkish. I want to change language all texts in this document to english but I cannot do this all at once. I have to select all the texts one by one and manually to change the language setting. How can I change the language setting of all texts in the document to US english at once? Answer: There is no way at the moment :(

I can click on the text box, select the whole text with ctrl…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. XML Import URL

Hello,
    it would be nice if there was an invocation of an xml-file by url. It's time for InDesign to look to the future.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More than 10 page spreads.

Allow the user to connect much more than 10 pages together in InDesign. I would like this so I can organize a large document with many pages. I am creating a digital book about plant taxonomy and would like to organize the pages this ways so that I can easily navigate this large document taxonomically while in the program. The pages will be printed individually so the layout in the document is not for the printing process but for organization.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Lock Pages - Lock Pages to prevent changes when specific page design has been finalized

I'm working on a 55 page Yearbook and I'm now working on a page per page basis; I complete one page and move on. Some of the pages I know FOR SURE that they are done; I would love to be able to lock them to prevent further changes. They would not be altered by master page changes or anything else; just locked and ready to go.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automaticly update old files after large update

After the last update(2020) of InDesign, i started creating a book file. When I loaded the files in the book file, all files had to manually be saved again in the new version of InDesign. When creating a book of more than 100 files, it is verry time consuming. To create alle the books(multiple each month whit files that are already created), i have more than 1000 files wich have to be updated to the latest file. To do this i have found a script wich make this less time consuming, but it is still a lot of work. I…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. QR Code

I think it would be great if the QR codes that are generated can be actually tracked. The number of users, where it was scanned, etc. Basically, Google Analytics but only for QR codes.
    It would make things a great deal easier instead of setting up Google Analytics to track this information.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Eliminate document size limits

It would be great if there weren't size limit on documents. I am currently working on a very large design for a trade show booth. And I have to do it in Photoshop due to the size limits of InDesign. It is taking so much longer than it needs to because every time I try to transform or resize something, it takes 20 minutes to complete a small task Doing this in InDesign would be way better.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable switching of pages in imported pdfs

I wish there was a way to change the page of an imported multi-page pdf instead of going to relink the image (to the same file) and selecting the page with the import options clicked. This would save me so much time. All it would require is a page up/down button in the links palette that would only be visible when a multi page pdf was linked in the document.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to save .indt template files to the new document dialog box

It would be very beneficial if there was an option to import and save .indt template files into the new document dialog box for easy access.

Similar or the same as the Adobe Stock templates feature that is available in the new document dialog box.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Zoom 100% - 1:1

In print and web documents the 100% zoom isn't acual an 1:1-size (800 pixels are not shown as 800 pixels, 20 mm are not shown as 20 mm).
    I reconize that it depends on your Screensize/and os dpi settings, but that must be possibe! In Acrobat i am able to set an customize resolution (for mm) and in photoshop 800 pixel are 800 pixel at 100% zoom.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include page count in XMP

The XMP metadata included in an InDesign file does not include the page count. This makes it difficult for thrid party solutions such as digital asset management systems not running InDesign or InDesign Server to display the page count to their users for InDesign files.

There is a standardized XMP element called xmpTPg:NPages which is supposed to contain the page count for multi-page documetns. https://developer.adobe.com/xmp/docs/XMPNamespaces/xmpTPg/ This should be included in the XMP by InDesign.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Extract/Save Individual Pages in an Indesign Document as a Separate InDesign File

Please please please consider making a feature where you can extract pages/spreads in an InDesign document as a separate InDesign file. I work in Proposals for a Civil Engineering firm and our proposals are generally 100+ pages with a lot of resumes and project pages. After each proposal is complete we have to go in and save every resume in each person's resume folder and every project page in its respective folder. It takes such a long time to create a new indesign document for each resume and project and copy/paste it over and then save in a folder. It…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bigger preview in Import pdf panel

It is hard to see the PDF preview in the Import PDF panel.
    It would be great if you could choose the size of the thumbnail or adjust the size of the entire panel.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow users to password protect elements

Allow users to password protect styles, master pages, ... in documents, preventing unwanted changes...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Master Page variables

Let's say you have a master page that your entire document uses. The document has several sections and is colour coded. The only difference between each section is a coloured band. It would be amazing if there was a way to set a variable to the section which would change the colour of that bar. Presently the only way to do this is to make several master pages and change the bar in each one.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Google Photos and Docs Integration

It would be great if you could place photos or text from Google services - Google Photos, Google Docs, Google Drive. InDesign would simply need to integrate the Google APIs for those services, then it would be seamless to import these objects - better yet would be supporting of links, so edits to Docs could be updated in InDesign the same way changed photos show update status of linked photos.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change PDF page number / .ai artboard number without placing the file each time

In a similar sense to the Object Layer Options, it would be awesome if there was a context menu option to switch to a different page number in .pdf and different artboards in .ai files.

This way when inserting a multiple page PDF For example, I can copy the object then go into the context menu and select the next desired page. Currently I spend more time looking through the OS filesystem to place the same PDF again.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lorem ipsum reminder before Save.

If "Lorem ipsum" appears in the file, when Save is tapped, before saving , a "Lorem ipsum Alert" should appear, so that this placeholder does not find its way into print in error. This suggestion applies to ID, PS and AI.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base