1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eliminate document size limits

It would be great if there weren't size limit on documents. I am currently working on a very large design for a trade show booth. And I have to do it in Photoshop due to the size limits of InDesign. It is taking so much longer than it needs to because every time I try to transform or resize something, it takes 20 minutes to complete a small task Doing this in InDesign would be way better.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feature Request: Support for Grayscale ICC profiles

Please add support for Grayscale profiles like in Photoshop. In InDesign, I can only define RGB and CMYK working space. In Photoshop, I can also define color space for grayscale files and files with spot colors.
    Many books, magazines or newspapers are still printed using black ink only. Minimal support for grayscale workflow makes creating monochrome documents for different papers complicated as InDesign cannot convert grayscale profiles (ie. from Dot Gain 15% to Dot Gain 25%).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock Pages - Lock Pages to prevent changes when specific page design has been finalized

I'm working on a 55 page Yearbook and I'm now working on a page per page basis; I complete one page and move on. Some of the pages I know FOR SURE that they are done; I would love to be able to lock them to prevent further changes. They would not be altered by master page changes or anything else; just locked and ready to go.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create a new document based on selected pages of an existing indesign document.

I would like to be able to select pages within an existing InDesign document and create a new document using those pages, much like you can with layers in photoshop.

In photoshop when you select 'duplicate layer(s)' you have the option of duplicating them into different documents, including a new one. When I am designing a business card for a client, for example, I present multiple options. I will make all of the options in one document as separate pages. When they choose one I would like to be able to select the specific pages and duplicate them straight to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the 'next page' button in the bottom left have a drop down to toggle it between next page and next spread.

When scrolling through a document now, the view jumps between let and right. It might be less disorientating to switch quickly through the spreads than jumping left and right.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It is SO important to have footnotes continue the numbering throughout a whole document without restarting the numbering every text frame

It is bad document design to have the whole document in one single text frame (a nightmare when doing changes and everything moves). At the very least each chapter should start with a new text frame. So it seems crazy that you can set footnote numbering to restart every page, spread or section but when none of these are selected the numbering should flow through the whole document! NOT restart for each text frame. Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Google Photos and Docs Integration

It would be great if you could place photos or text from Google services - Google Photos, Google Docs, Google Drive. InDesign would simply need to integrate the Google APIs for those services, then it would be seamless to import these objects - better yet would be supporting of links, so edits to Docs could be updated in InDesign the same way changed photos show update status of linked photos.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to change the page of the linked pdf

I would love to see the ability to change the page number of a linked pdf in the links palette - as it stands you have to relink file, click 'show import options' (which then remains on when you don't want it to) navigate to the pdf then click through what page you want to display. It's slow and clunky. A simple icon next to the link where you could select the desired page would speed my workflow up massively.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lorem ipsum reminder before Save.

If "Lorem ipsum" appears in the file, when Save is tapped, before saving , a "Lorem ipsum Alert" should appear, so that this placeholder does not find its way into print in error. This suggestion applies to ID, PS and AI.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. command hot keys not working

Shift, option keys aren't working. Proportions won't constraint while holding the shift key and items won't duplicate while holding option key.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cross-reference window really too small

I have to cross-reference dozens and dozens (not to say hundreds and hundreds) of items according to their item number. Of course, they all have a paragraph style and can be found, but not easily: the dialog box for the cross-reference is way too small, displaying only 6 items at the time and we need to scroll and scroll and scroll. On top of that, the items do not appear in alphabetical (or in this case by increasing number) but just randomly. Hair loss guaranted and nerve breaking after an hour of work on the menu too. Would it be…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. InDesign Templates and Style updates

I start by making an InDesign template and incorporating all the object and paragraph styles I think I'll need. Then from my template I create my first document. However, as I proceed with actual content on that document I find I want to modify some styles, add new ones, etc.

There does not seem to be a way to have my template updated automatically with those style changes/additions. This would be a great help because my template is no longer usable as an "old version". So, I have to save my new document onto and replace that older template (without…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Increase section prefix 8 character limit

Can only have a section prefix of 8 letters. Would be nice to remove this limitation.

Any reason why a limit was imposed? Does it serve any purpose?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keeping the format when updating the spreadsheet link indesign data merge

After creating a linked data merge file, you can then go in and edit certain field. But, if the excel sheet needs updating, you then have to 'data merge' again and lose all formatted text/images etc. There are third party apps, like WordsFlow, but this is expensive. Please have this feature in InDesign! Thankings.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add an option in Find/Change to "Continue from cursor position".

Presently, if you search and then "work" on what you find, and then continue your search, InDesign starts the search over from the beginning. This is frustrating.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change the page size

When changing the page size, the current page content is centered relative to the new size. Or it would be nice, if I could choose to attach current content to one of the corners of the page, the same way I can choose the transformation anchor point (the square with the nine anchor points)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for this suggestion. I need a little more information in trying to understand this request a bit more:

1. Is the situation that you have created a design already or have an existing design and now need to change the page size. Any description on why you need to change the page would be helpful.
    2. How drastic is the page size change. Is it just a minor change or is it something like changing from portrait mode to landscape.
    3. Please share links to any screenshot of the document where you recently needed this feature. This would help us better understand this request.

17. many users working on the same file simultaneously.

2 users - one is working on pages 1 to 20, other one is working from 21 to the end - but file is the same.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tabbing Order when creating a new document

When tabbing on NEW DOCUMENT, the tab order goes from Width - Units - Height. It should go from Width - Height - Units. Illustrator does this correctly, Indesign has them in different (and distracting) order. Consistent between apps would be helpful!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Scroll document whilst Pop up window is visable (e.g Place)

When any pop up windows like Save/ Place/ Export is open it is useful to be able to scroll the document in background.

For example: In InDesign CS6 and you can scroll the document behind the Place pop-up window. In Adobe CC this function no longer works – which slows the design and layout process down.

This feature was especially useful when producing books with many images in.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. swap pages

The ability to select 2 non-contiguous pages>right click/select from the contextual mouse menu & have the option to "Swap Pages...." - instead of just "Move Pages....".

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base