1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Load Master Pages the same as Paragraph and Character Styles

Load Master Page options should be same as Loading Paragraph/Character Styles, with options to choose which Master you want to load/overwrite. I have documents with multiple Masters, but I may just want to update one of them. In current state, I have to load all Masters from another document, which forces unwanted changes to the other Master Pages that did not require updating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spread Hide Option

Include spread hide option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. one document multiple user

Allow different users to access the same document files simultaneously to edit. Like in CAD programms were you can lock layers or pages so you can have one project sharing file within your working group.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Documents should open with spreads centered

When I open a document with two-page spreads, unless the zoom level is set to "fit in window," the document opens with the spreads off-center, usually to the left and down off the bottom edge. Then I have to manually drag them into place, or else choose "fit in window" and then size them down to whatever zoom level I'm working at. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm working on a book with many chapters which are frequently opened and closed. And contrary to some reports, InDesign doesn't "remember" the position when the file is next opened, unless that zoom…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Social Media Document Sizes

Add social media sizes as an entire emnu option (next to print/web/mobile) in the New Document settings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Office Compatibility

Documentation, documents and colors in Microsoft Word document come in differently.

It would be much better for us to work more with Office programs.

Please fix it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Weird grey objects appearing on pages

I updated my OS today -- and I'm having major problems with InDesign. For one, it's running slowly. More distressing, however, are the strange dark grey angular objects that are appearing on pages. They appear and then disappear and then reappear. See attached screenshots. Those grey objects are NOT part of my page design. I have no idea where they are coming from. This is a file created two months ago, and this is the first time I've encountered this problem. I'm using InDesign CC.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Selectable Document Font Folder

I've been waiting for a long time for the Document-font folder to be out of sync with the Indesign document. One should be able to determine the place itself.
    If I have many Indesign Docs (in campaigns sometimes several hundred) I have to either install the fonts or just in any folder where an Indesign Doc is located in a document font folder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please, please turn off the automatic hyphenation in a document. This hyphenates all words at the end of all lines.

Please turn off automatic hyphenation. I publish in other languages in which any hyphenation must be manually inserted.

At the moment the automatic hyphenation places a hyphen at the end of nearly every line. This totally destroys the readability of the language.

I know that you can untick the box for every style in every chapter, but this adds a burden-and time- to the task.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Feature to update links of placed InDesign documents

I often place multiple InDesign documents containing links into another one to create an overview of assets for our clients. This way I can jump directly to a specific document and make changes.
    But if I directly modify a link of a linked document, I'm not able to update those remote links in my asset overview.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Default search folders

I have to share documents with translators who having a different folder structure on the PC. They of course have the same linked files, so when opening the document, they relink all files, then save and send me. I would then have to relink again every time when opening the document for a check, because Indesign only remembers linked files folders as long as it is running. My wish: an option to permanently add folders to primarily look in for linked files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Preview Checkbox in new document

Hi, Can you add the preview checkbox in the new document dialog box without going instead to preference and check the legacy dialog box.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. stop update whole Indd imported file (multipages)

Would it be possible for an imported "indd" file to update only pages that were changed? Now the whole file is updated

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rename “Master Pages” to “Parent Pages”

The quote below is from the 30 Aug 2020 Washington Post. My request is to stop using the word “master” in InDesign and change to “parent/child” or another set of neutral terms.

“After the police killing of George Floyd, overdue conversations about race started happening.... Computer- and photography-related groups discussed doing away with problematic technical terms like “master” and “*****” that have long been used to refer to components that control others.“

EDIT: The asterisks in the WaPo quote were put in place by the forum interface, not by me. IMHO, this confirms my point.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Open PDF

I want the ability to open an Adobe PDF in Adobe InDesign. The ability to have a pdf file that I can right click and go to Open With -> Adobe InDesign would save so much time at my job in the print industry. It takes forever to take 1,500 pages of a PDF document and individually place them in an InDesign file just so I can use a master page to overlay a bad logo that a client used. If they could just automatically open just as though I did the whole document by hand it would be a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why doesn't ID have a blur filter?

My suggestion for ID is it should have a blur filter along with all the other filters available. it seems it has everything but blur. I use the gradient blur filter all the time for layouts and it's a time saver, so I would love a gaussian blur to also be there so I don't have to go back and forth from ID and PSD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cross reference endnotes

At present if you are in a particular endnote and wish to cross reference to another endnote, it is impossible to to obtain the new endnote number. While the list of endnotes shows the endnote number, it is not an option to choose just the number. So yo only get the full text of the endnote. This is different from cross referencing, say, a list of Figures where you can cross reference just the Figure and the figure number. Fo some reason the endnote number simply does not exist as a Paragraph Number

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow designers to "group pages" for to provide easier re-organization

Similar to grouping layers in photoshop and illustrator or styles in INDD, you should provide the folder option inside the pages panel to "group pages" to make sections easier to reorder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding the ability to edit PDF text and images within Indesign

Adding the ability to edit imported PDF text and images within Indesign

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Put color into tabs of documents (while working on several open)

it would be great to use colors in document tabs, when using several open... (one should be able to color the tabs when working on different documents, sometimes its difficult to find the one I needed to paste into. Look the file attached

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base