1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lorem ipsum reminder before Save.

If "Lorem ipsum" appears in the file, when Save is tapped, before saving , a "Lorem ipsum Alert" should appear, so that this placeholder does not find its way into print in error. This suggestion applies to ID, PS and AI.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. command hot keys not working

Shift, option keys aren't working. Proportions won't constraint while holding the shift key and items won't duplicate while holding option key.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Associate master pages with paragraph tags

As one has been able to do in Framemaker, one should be able to assign a master page automatically based on a paragraph tag, i.e., if paratag ChapterTitle, then assign master page "ChapterOpener". This is important because often reflows move openers to different pages, meaning that EVERY master page in the document then needs to be evaluated and reassigned given its new position.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Apply Multiple Master Pages per Page (Akin to Layers)

Ideally, InDesign would treat master pages like layers. In this manner, a variable number of master pages could be applied to any page, allowing for more efficient and quicker customization of page layout. For example, a user might set up the following master pages:

A-Body (1 Col.)
    B-Body (2 Col.)
    C-Body (Fig. or Table)
    D-Header (Full)
    E-Header (Partial)
    F-Footer (Full)
    G-Footer (Partial)

In this example, the many possible combinations, such as AD, AF, ADF, AE, AG, AEG, BD, etc. (based on layout needs) wouldn't need to be created. More importantly, as in styles based on parent styles, changes would effectively…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding feature for first page number in Text Variable

We work a lot in typesetting Journal which need to mention page number for each article. The 'last page number' in Text Variable are very useful and I wish to have an option for first page number in the feature. In current situation, I have to change the first page number manually if the pagination changed.
    Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. InDesign Templates and Style updates

I start by making an InDesign template and incorporating all the object and paragraph styles I think I'll need. Then from my template I create my first document. However, as I proceed with actual content on that document I find I want to modify some styles, add new ones, etc.

There does not seem to be a way to have my template updated automatically with those style changes/additions. This would be a great help because my template is no longer usable as an "old version". So, I have to save my new document onto and replace that older template (without…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hyperlink through ENTIRE book.

Hyperlink pages throughout an entire book. You can only link on the current pages of a document and not the book - I've a 100 page + document and I've to combine it into one doc - madness!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increase section prefix 8 character limit

Can only have a section prefix of 8 letters. Would be nice to remove this limitation.

Any reason why a limit was imposed? Does it serve any purpose?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keeping the format when updating the spreadsheet link indesign data merge

After creating a linked data merge file, you can then go in and edit certain field. But, if the excel sheet needs updating, you then have to 'data merge' again and lose all formatted text/images etc. There are third party apps, like WordsFlow, but this is expensive. Please have this feature in InDesign! Thankings.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add an option in Find/Change to "Continue from cursor position".

Presently, if you search and then "work" on what you find, and then continue your search, InDesign starts the search over from the beginning. This is frustrating.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the page size

When changing the page size, the current page content is centered relative to the new size. Or it would be nice, if I could choose to attach current content to one of the corners of the page, the same way I can choose the transformation anchor point (the square with the nine anchor points)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for this suggestion. I need a little more information in trying to understand this request a bit more:

1. Is the situation that you have created a design already or have an existing design and now need to change the page size. Any description on why you need to change the page would be helpful.
    2. How drastic is the page size change. Is it just a minor change or is it something like changing from portrait mode to landscape.
    3. Please share links to any screenshot of the document where you recently needed this feature. This would help us better understand this request.

12. Tabbing Order when creating a new document

When tabbing on NEW DOCUMENT, the tab order goes from Width - Units - Height. It should go from Width - Height - Units. Illustrator does this correctly, Indesign has them in different (and distracting) order. Consistent between apps would be helpful!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add HEIC format support to place these images directly in Indesign without having to convert them to jpeg.

Please add HEIC format support to place these images directly in Indesign without having to convert them to jpeg.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rethinking pages with an infinite pasteboard and multi-user collaboration

Let us bring InDesign into an open and more collaborative world.

The individual pasteboard and contained page structure of InDesign are very constraining. It is time for a different approach to how we do page layout.

Let us move to an infinite style pasteboard canvas (a la Illustrator, or Adobe XD, Figma) where your imagination can run wild! Think of it as a blown-up version of the Pages Panel with the same click-to, snap-to rearrange functionality, but without the extra layer of InDesign UI baggage.

• Pages would function the same way with a left-to-right, top-to-bottom order, snapping layouts into the…
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scroll document whilst Pop up window is visable (e.g Place)

When any pop up windows like Save/ Place/ Export is open it is useful to be able to scroll the document in background.

For example: In InDesign CS6 and you can scroll the document behind the Place pop-up window. In Adobe CC this function no longer works – which slows the design and layout process down.

This feature was especially useful when producing books with many images in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow usage of Data Merge within the Slug

We often use internal templates, that utilize the slug area of documents to handle file-specific data. Often we will utilize Data Merge to populate these fields, but we can only do so if our text fields are moved from the slug area, into the document. This of course forces us to move the slug-specific content back into the slug on what can easily be hundreds of documents.

Please expand Data Merge to being useable for document text fields that don't lie directly on the page(s).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. gpu on non-retina mac machines

I am staggered that Adobe InDesign does not support GPU performance on standard display i-Macs - there must be tens of thousands of frustrated InDesign users now struggling with performance issues. This is a huge oversight, particularly when Photoshop and Illustrator both support GPU performance on older iMacs - sad to say very poor of Adobe.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please make hyphenation an option, NOT the default

In the Paragraph Panel, hyphenation is selected as the default option, but we know that breaking words across lines lowers readability in text. Please keep it as an option for instances where it's needed, but don't make it the default. When changing it, it should also be universal to a document (in other words, you shouldn't have to click every text box to turn it off).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. merge text frames

When copying data from other inDesign files into a new InDesign file, I always end up with multiple text frames, most of them empty, because it creates a new text frame every time, stacked on top of the empty one that was already there. It's very frustrating and has been a talked-about issue for a while (based on my Google searches.) Please, add a Merge Text Frames option to the menu. None of the scripts I've used have worked. It's torturous. As an author, I am constantly editing my text and it's frustrating to realize that adjusting a master page…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Master Pages to be Marked so that Page Numbering Ignores Them

Sometimes my documents have pages that don't count as pages when it comes to page numbering but I can't set exceptions to Master Pages so that they are not included.

I can restart the numbering manually using exiting tools, but the numbers are rendered incorrect if any pages are moved. Having the ability to mark a Master Page as "don't include this page for numbering purposes" would be very useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base