1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Countdown page numbering

I needed to start a book with the highest number to the lower, but it's not possible to start a page from 200 until 1 instead of 1 to 200.
    Could a nice function also for double language book with right reading languages and left reading languages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default search folders

I have to share documents with translators who having a different folder structure on the PC. They of course have the same linked files, so when opening the document, they relink all files, then save and send me. I would then have to relink again every time when opening the document for a check, because Indesign only remembers linked files folders as long as it is running. My wish: an option to permanently add folders to primarily look in for linked files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preview Checkbox in new document

Hi, Can you add the preview checkbox in the new document dialog box without going instead to preference and check the legacy dialog box.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. stop update whole Indd imported file (multipages)

Would it be possible for an imported "indd" file to update only pages that were changed? Now the whole file is updated

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make Text variables recognise text variables 'from previous page'

At the moment for dictionary-type work, using text variables for running heads gives you the option of showing the first word on the page on left-hand page running heads, and the last word on the page right-hand pages. BUT where the feature lacks is if the left-hand page starts half-way through a paragraph. For example, if the last dictionary word on the right-hand page is 'peanut' but the paragraph goes over to the next left-hand page, you want it to show 'peanut' at the top of this left-hand page as it is a continuation from the previous page, but you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. control blank document options when making new doc

When i go to create a new document, I look at presets but it continually shows me 'legal' etc (american sizes) which I've never used instead of A3, which I use often. I don't understand. WHy can't it either remember or let us organise them?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Numbering Pages

I wish you could make it easy to number pages - as easy as on Word. It is so complicated on InDesign and I have failed to make it work. As a result, I have had to publish books without numbered pages, and that is frustrating for all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open PDF

I want the ability to open an Adobe PDF in Adobe InDesign. The ability to have a pdf file that I can right click and go to Open With -> Adobe InDesign would save so much time at my job in the print industry. It takes forever to take 1,500 pages of a PDF document and individually place them in an InDesign file just so I can use a master page to overlay a bad logo that a client used. If they could just automatically open just as though I did the whole document by hand it would be a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why doesn't ID have a blur filter?

My suggestion for ID is it should have a blur filter along with all the other filters available. it seems it has everything but blur. I use the gradient blur filter all the time for layouts and it's a time saver, so I would love a gaussian blur to also be there so I don't have to go back and forth from ID and PSD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export all data from the Links folder to Excel/.csv format

Please, please, please make the entire Links panel exportable to an Excel (or .csv) file. I just spent five hours capturing all information for hundreds of placed images ONE AT A TIME. How nice it would be to be able to export the entire contents of the Links panel with one click. I know that it is do-able.

Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow designers to "group pages" for to provide easier re-organization

Similar to grouping layers in photoshop and illustrator or styles in INDD, you should provide the folder option inside the pages panel to "group pages" to make sections easier to reorder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adding the ability to edit PDF text and images within Indesign

Adding the ability to edit imported PDF text and images within Indesign

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. page numbering

numbering of the pages can be started from a specific number but will remain in Ascending order, could you add option of numbering but in Descending order ?
    seems unusual but I am planning to make a book which you can read from both ends. thanks Tom

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. next page doesn't work

Hi there,

When inserting Type=>Special Characters=>Marker=>Next page InDesign inserts the CM marker which is the current page. Consequently where I need the next page number to appear it displays the current page number.

Kind regards
    Mike Howell

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The text frame containing the Next Page Number Marker has to just touch the text frame and the correct page number gets picked. No need to link the text frames together. Just the fact that it touches the text frame will make it automatically pick the correct next page number that the text flows to in the document.

Hope that helps.

Adobe InDesign team

15. Provide a resolution option for indesign

When I export an image as a jpeg in InDesign and select anything above 72 dpi, I end up with a larger jpeg. This seems to correlate with the ppi, so my original 1612 x 640 would end up as 2149 x 853 with 96 dpi, 8463 x 3360 with 150 dpi and so on. It is very inconvenient because I need my files to be exactly the same size as when I started, but with a higher resolution than 72ppi. It would be awesome and save me time if you could provide an resolution option for indesign that we…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to replace a master page that is being deleted with a different master page

When working on long documents, especially while using the book feature, it would be helpful to have the option to replace one master with another. So if I want to delete "Master A", a dialog box would say "Remove Master A and replace with: [list of other master pages to choose from]".

Currently if I want to remove a master page and replace it, I have to go through all 900 of my pages and apply the replacement master.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shortcuts

If i want copy path of link(s) or just name of link(s) i can set a shortcut, but this shortcut works only if links panel is open. Otherwise shortcut wont work. The Same issue is with shortcut for change link(s).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open and modify a pdf document directly in Adobe Indesign CC 2020

I don't understand why it isn't possible in Adobe Indesign CC 2020 to open pdf document and modify this document directly in the application.

Affinity Publisher proposes this feature by default and it's works perfectly !

On the screen you can see on the left Adobe PRO DC and on the right Affinity Publisher without any plugin. All can be edited : texte, image, ...

This feature will be added in the future ?

It's really dammage that Affinity Publisher proposes this feature, while Adobe Indesign is older.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It is SO important to have footnotes continue the numbering throughout a whole document without restarting the numbering every text frame

It is bad document design to have the whole document in one single text frame (a nightmare when doing changes and everything moves). At the very least each chapter should start with a new text frame. So it seems crazy that you can set footnote numbering to restart every page, spread or section but when none of these are selected the numbering should flow through the whole document! NOT restart for each text frame. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. show existing guide rows and columns

When you create guides, then want to change how many rows and/or columns you have, the existing number of guides does not appear in the dialogue box, so if I want to change how many rows/columns I have, I have to count them first. Please just have the numbers for the existing guides in there automatically. Please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base