Bug details

[Limited Undo] InDesign CC 2019 (v14.0) strg+z / cmd+z doesn't work properly

With the new Version the option to go back some steps seems to be cut at some point. I have been working on a couple of files now and going steps back with strg+z works for 2-3 steps. Somehow random but definitely not the way it used to work.

52 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christian Stockhecke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Manish Jangir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey ALL,
    I am an engineer in InDesign team. I understand how frustrating this issue is. It will be a great help if you could provide some more details so that we can narrow down what exactly might be causing the issue. Some details like
    1. What workflow / Feature / Action were you tried to use and how did it end? Did it succeed / failed with error?
    2. Are you launching multiple InDesign versions ?(e.g. 13.0 and 14.0 in some order)
    3. Is it OK if we ask you for the caches and preferences folder + the document when you have run into this issue?
    4. Will it be possible for you to join a VoIP / other form of meeting to detail out the problem and scenario ?

• JPLH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've noticed recently that I'm limited to 3-5 undos, though it seems to be random as to how many it will allow. What is going on? I've tested this on new and old documents with a variety of tools and it's a problem across all of them.

I'm running InDesign CC 2019 14.0.2 x64 on Windows 10 Pro. Windows was last updated on May 31 - the problem started around this date (though I'm not sure if it was before or after).

• JPLH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've tested this on a few documents, new and already in progress, I'm suddenly limited to 3-5 undos. What is going on?

I'm running InDesign CC 2019 14.0.2 x64 on Windows 10 Pro.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I made 15 edits to a layout and needed to "undo" the last edit I made... no problem right? WRONG! When I looked at the PDF to confirm I made all the 15 edits InDesign "UNDID" all my edits! Not just the one I wanted.

• Nina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe interesting for you: I also have the bug that text sometimes disappears while editing. It always comes together with the limited undo problem. (The other way round not).
    What would you suggest to do until the bug is fixed? Downgrade to Indesign 13.1. or another version?

• Erin Chapin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I now have to put in at least an hour of work because I made changes to a table that cannot be undone past a few steps.
    Please fix.

• Craig Robbins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My undo is limited to 3-5 steps. Only started happening after last update. Condition critical Adobe. We rely on your products for business production. Costing us $$$.

• Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is a very annoying problem. 3 "undo's" is simply not enough. at LEAST 10, if not more would be appropriate. thanks.

• Nina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. Sometimes I can make a lot of Undos and sometimes it only works for 2 or 3 steps. I tried everything to find a trigger, but to me it seems unpredictable. But one thing is for sure: The problem always occurs, when it would be important for me to undo a lot..
    I am using InDesign 14.0.2 x64 (Win7). I downloaded v14.0. in November 2018, and everything worked fine. My undo problem started in February 2019 (maybe with v14.0.2 ?).
    It`s really annoying, please help!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same bug .It happened in the middle of working on a book, and really affected my work. I had no idea that when Adobe sends me an update it might be a big mistake to accept it.

• Denis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a same bug in indesign 2019. My description of the bug:
    If you work, without using text tool - it`s all right with undos. Works perfectly.
    Just select type tool (оr create new text object, paste text, create text frame and etc.) after working - and you have only 3 undos. It`s Awful - back to pagemaker in 2019 =(

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base