Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6640 results found

1. iMac, High Sierra, InDesign 2019. Error inserting images into rotated document pages.

iMac, High Sierra, InDesign 2019. Error when inserting images into a document (starting from the second page), in which they have an attribut page - turns the speed view = 90 degrees CW. At the same time increases the pasteboard and the image is inserted outside pasteboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. InDesign CC2019 PDF comments pallet closing when douments close closes all attached/combined pallets

The PDF Comments pallet automatically closes when you close a document, any document, no matter if it has PDF comments or not, which closes any pallet that is either combined or attached to it, which, if you don't want to keep opening and closing it all the time is annoying as I tend to keep pallets I use regularly or semi-regularly open all the time.

System:
    macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)
    Late 2014 27" iMac Retina 5K
    3.5GHz i5
    16GB DDR3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UI Scaling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. table changes format for no reason

When I create a new table and attempt to drop it into an Indesign CC 2019 layout, it completely changes format and cell sizes and is missing type in some cells.... I've attempted to place it into a new doc, and old doc it isn't staying formatted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. pen tool

When modifying a container box by adding points with the pen tool, the points wont select individually and the pen changes to the hand tool and will only select the object in the container. At first I thought it might be my Wacom, but the mouse also will not select points as (option pen) or using the point selection tool.

At the same time when trying to clip an object set to transparency, so an object below can be seen so I can clip around it. The object becomes opaque making the task impossible.

I am running a the latest…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After adjusting a link and renewing it, indesign fits automatically fits it to frame

I did notice that the link options weren't turned on properly but i turned them on and the result was the same.
    Also figured it might have to to with the auto-fit option but i double checked and it's not turned on... this is super annoying. I'm honestly afraid that it'll juggle everything about when i make a minor change.....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Indesign duplicates when I click and drag on anything, and it won't stop

Whenever I hold click and drag something Indesign creates a copy. It's almost like the Alt button is held down but it's not. I've removed the keyboard and it still does it. I've updated the software and it still happens. I've tried multiple restarts but no luck. I even uninstalled and ran an install but still no fix. Does anyone know why this is happening? It's not happening on any other Adobe software, just Indesign. I'm working on the latest version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. how about a new idea on policy: Don't leave developers to hang out to dry when the Developer has a ligitiment gripe about the Indesign SDK

I AM not happy here, pleas give me something to try at least the bloody BOOST in the indesign 2019 b130 SDK does not compile with any plugin on Win10 sv2017
    To be specific it has to do with std::unaryfunction and std::Binaryfunction primarily which was taken out of the std:: library for c++11 and to conform with the current standard. I cannot figure out how to get around this error among many others. At least tell me what you want to help me help you help me. Come' on

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. how about an Indesign 2019 SDK version that has examples that build w/o error in Windows 10 using vs2017

I don't know if I am using the correct SDK for Windows how can I get the correct SDK, I know it is not an idea but a request for information, the idea is publish correct information for plugin developers on how to build plugins on the Win10 platform using VS2017 which if I am not mistaken is listed in the requirements

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Open Type unavailable

I have the most recent upgrade to CC InDesign. A new problem just came up. Properties panel shows no problems but open type properties are not available msg appears on all newly input type, which displays at 1/10 size. I did a re-install, but it did not change. This has halted my work!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. conflict of making your document smaller than your margins

InDesign CC 2019 v. 14

The New ”New document” dialog box doesn't give any warning of the conflict of making your document smaller than your margins allow. It just changes the width and/or height back to what it was as a default if your margins are too large and does not warn the user about it.

And if the user fails to notice that the size switches back, it will create a document that’s not the size intended. User may not even realize what is it that went wrong.

In the Legacy New Document dialog box, when you click OK,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When exporting a PDF to Adobe Indesign CC 14.0 (German), you can not enter individual pages in the area. The name "Custom" remains in the fi

Version: Adobe Indesign CC 14.0 (German)
    Export -> Benutzerdefinierte Seiten
    you can not enter individual pages in the area. The name "Benutzerdefinierte Seiten" remains in the field.

Result: a complete pdf with all pages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The export specific pages of a document to PDF, you have to enter them after selecting the ‘Range’ option.

As for the name shown in the field when you select the ‘Create Separate PDF Files’ option, it is just for display, letting you know how the individual pdf files get named upon export.

Adobe InDesign team

13. how about a recipe for porting InDesign CC 2018 plugins to InDesign CC 2019 running Win10

Well, I can't seem to get my plugin to build w/o errors in the adobe boost library, would like explicit recipe to setup vs 2017 environment to build w/o errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. font size

InDesign 13.1.x64

When you have two monitors, the main with 125% font size and the secondary with 100% font size, the mouse pointer didn't work well on secondary screen when selecting menu options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. No brake style broke All Caps style

In Polish language I'm using no break GREP in style to automatically correct hanging letters at the end of the line. When I have this GREP and change style to 'all caps' it doesn't affect letters with 'no break'!
    It worked fine with all CC versions till latest update! Why Adobe with the latest version release always broke something that work for years

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. False layer gets duplicated through context menu

If for example layer 1 is selected in the layers panel and layer 2 is right-clicked, the context menu for layer 2 appears. If you choose to duplicate the layer 2, the selected layer 1 gets duplicated. Deleting works as expected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Abhinav Kaushik responded

We have been able to reproduce the issue and it is currently under investigation.

Workaround: Select the Layer that needs to be duplicated to avoid the issue.

Regards
    InDesign Team

17. page number in page manu not shown

Hallo. Leider werden die letzten Seitenzahlen im Seitenmenü abgeschnitten.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains fixes for some key issues. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

Reproducible Steps –
    • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File → Package)
    • Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.

Adobe InDesign team

18. "Punched-in" values are not properly input. Possible latency issue.

For example, when punching in numbers to resize an object, the first number will often go ignored.

Also, when punching in new values for type (Font Size and Leading), when hitting TAB (from Font Size) to punch in a new Leading value, the value will not completely replace the current value if currently an "auto" value if I begin typing immediately. This results in an unwelcomed and unwarranted "invalid numeric value" popup.

This has been happening ever since I can remember (all CC versions)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. images oversized on text import

This is not a new issue. Just haven't reported it before.
    I work on educational books. Text comes in Word files.
    Almost every time I place a Word file with graphics, the graphics show up HUGE. Some are so big, the only way I've been able to deal with is create a huge file, open the text box up to include every bit of space.
    Today... the only size that would allow me to see the graphic was 400p x 400p!

Not an isolated issue. I receive Word files from multiple sources, and every Word file upon import has graphics…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Edit original not launching native application

Edit original was easy to access using option + click linked image.
    Since the latest update InDesign v14.10 and Mac OS Mojave, this action opens the 'Import PDF' dialogue and if you click 'Ok' launches Photoshop. The linked image is an Illustrator .ai file. All used to work, why the change?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base