2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4923 results found

1. Save to Server vs cloud option

We save all of our files on a shared work server and keep track of versions and final files all on a shared server not through the cloud which also allows all non-adobe ID users to review files as well. We would like to be able to use the share function as we already use it in Acrobat but would love to select where the review file is stored.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. scalable page dimension markers

Currently I am designing large wall pieces that require me to produce the pages at 50% or even 10% of scale and I need to put dimension info for export, for final approval. Currently there is no way to tell indesign that the scale is not 100%, so I have to make the markers by hand. Can you make an export feature that allows the user to define scale?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. “Split Footnotes” under Numbering & Section Options

Hello,

I want to ask for a little function tweak of “Split Footnotes”.

By now, you can only adjust “Split Footnotes” for the whole document.

This is difficult for documents with many pages! Sometime there are some footnotes in a chapter that you want to break over to the next page because they are to long. But the rest of the footnotes should be only on one page.

It would be nice to setup “Split Footnotes” as an “override” of the global function in the Numbering & Section Options in the Pages panel. So you can decide by the chapter…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ability to flick between pages on imported Indesign files

Self explanatory - The ability to flick between pages on imported Indesign files without having to go to relink then navigate to the file, then to the page you want. A simple forward/back page button next to the link would speed up my workflow immensely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A new Switch tool

Instead of ctrl+c, and ctrl+v, it could be invented a new function that switches existing text from a sentence to another. I would find it particularly useful in tables.
    Ex:
    I would like green apples
    I would like yellow lemons

Select green, ctrl+whatever, select yellow

Now I have

I would like yellow apples
    I would like green lemons

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fixed Spaces Automatically set as Nonbreaking

It would be helpful if fixed spaces were not automatically treated as non-breaking. I often use fixed spaces to finesse typographic issues—like a lowercase "f" crashing into an uppercase letter that follows it (e.g., "if I"), which seems to happen a lot, even in reputable fonts. I don't however, necessarily want InDesign to prevent a line break after the fixed space.

Ideally, we would be able to have breaking and nonbreaking versions of all of the fixed spaces, but perhaps it wouldn't be very useful for hair or thin spaces. Ems, ens, thirds, fourths, and sixths, however....

Thanks for considering…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fixing what was not broken?

Swatches Window:
    There is space at the bottom of the swatches menu to have buttons for the swatch types rather than grouping them into drop down menu. It takes more clicks and mousing around than it did in CS versions...

Same goes for Rotating spreads. I need to do this often - It used to be in the root of the pages menu, now it's nested under page attributes. Less efficient...
    A drop menu at the bottom of the pages window might make sense for this feature?

New CC Libraries menu... it looks nicer I guess but now I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow horizontal cursor position value to be copied

The Paragraph Formatting Controls show the Horizontal Cursor Position. It contains a numerical value, but it cannot be selected for copying.

I frequently use an "Indent to Here" character after an open quotation mark. But if I need to break a quotation into multiple paragraphs and quickly align the paragraphs to the position of the "Indent to Here" character, I need to manually enter the horizontal cursor position value into the Left Indent value.

It would be helpful to be able to copy the value of the horizontal cursor position, so I could paste it into the Left Indent value.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. indesign crashes when assembly -->> 5000 links to the assembly destination and not to the original path

indesign crashes when assembly -->> 5000 links to the assembly destination and not to the original path, and 'cause it crashes... no picture files in the assembly path. Need to redo all my links !!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. [Japanese]圏点の字数制限を外せないでしょうか。

現状では同時に文字の両側にルビをふることができませんが、右側にルビ、左側に圏点、同時に付けることはできます。しかし「圏点」はその性質上「一文字」しか許容されていません。考えられる対処は3つあります。①圏点の字数制限を外す。②圏点の機能をルビの機能に置き換える。③圏点の機能を「圏点+ルビ(スーパーセット)」にする。もちろん③が望ましいですが、ニーズは極めて限定的と思われますので、①が妥当ではないかと考えます。UIもそのままで、複数文字を入れるとそのまま本文のセンター合わせで表示する。バグのようにも見え仕様のようにも見える、昔良く使った「裏技」を可能にするということです。ご検討ください。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Two requests

I need my drop shadows to stay in place as intended when I rotate my images. I have to keep adjusting the position of shadows every time. Also, underlines are deleted when converting text to outlines. This is a major issue. I've had many jobs having to add jobs manually when converting to outlines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Toggle to turn off cursor frames and highlighted text when testing colors/fonts/strokes

Note: I'm still on Indesign 2019, so I don't know if this feature has already been added. If not, then:

Whenever I want to test different stroke colors on a picture with a border, I have to select it, which shows as cursor frame on top of the stroke (even in preview mode). Problem with this is that if the stroke is 1 or 2 points, it's hard to see the colors you're choosing because the cursor covers the stroke. So I would have to select the frame, change the color, de-select the frame to see how the stroke looks,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Properties Panel Appearance Section

In the classic "swatches panel" with the "direct selection tool" selected, you can quickly select a text box and change the color of the text within without needing to switch to the text tool. You just select the box and click the "T" within the swatches panel.

You can not do this with the properties panel. You have to do the extra steps of switching tools to the text and manually selecting the text. Why can't this feature be available as a part of the "appearance" section of the "properties panel" under the "fill" options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Scroll bar visibility

The scroll bar, especially at the bottom of the screen, is very hard to distinguish from the black frame. If the scroll bar color could be customized or at least offer some control of its contrast, it would be so much easier to use. I do use the zoom and hand tool, but sometimes just need a quick scroll up/down or left/right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have the ability to format text boxes with date, time, currency, etc. Also ability to format buttons (save)

Because I use a template to make multiple copies of a personalized document/form. I constantly have to go into the PDF after each export to format fillable text boxes with the date format, currency format, etc. The same goes for the buttons. I have multiple save buttons as well as send form buttons that I have to "reprogram" each time I change the source InDesign file. It seems to be something that should be handled in the InDesign file. If you can choose Print why not Save?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Text Wrap path Selection

If we lock the Text Layer if it’s above the Objects’ Layer that has graphic elements on it, and we want to “Wrap” an object from that layer, we can see the Wrap Path which is Editable by Pen Tool & Direct Selection Tool,
    When Wrap Path is active and then we want to select just an anchor point by making a marquee selection from outside (like Illustrator) to select a single anchor point the path disappears and we see disappeared path even mouse click button is pressed, every time we will have to click on the anchor point to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Publish Online Autoplay and Loop

I am preparing a presentation for a museum. I already have it set up in InDesign, and have shared it to stakeholders via Publish Online. However, it needs to run on a loop and flip slides automatically – because of COVID, viewers can't touch the screen. Adding a feature to time each slides's appearance and set to infinite looping would solve this, and avoid me having to recreate it as a video – similar to exporting an interactive PDF. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fit page to (Selected) Artwork (like Illustrator)

Fit Page to (Selected) Artwork (Like Illustrator)
    This feature is required for InDesign. In the Pages panel, there is an icon to customize the page and on that menu, this could be the option or its icon should be added so the user could use it quickly which would be very useful.
    This Feature could be in the Layout Menu and it should be in the Properties Panel too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it possible to tell in a globel setting when there has been used a specific font and that font is changed to another font so you don`t

Make it possible to tell in a globel setting when there has been used a specific font and that font is changed to another font so you don`t need to change font on every document you open that have used that font

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can we have columns option in Paragraph styles

can we have columns option in paragraph style, as i will save lots of text boxes to be created in a file, and user can type in only 1 Text box per page, rather then making text boxes for every single line. like i have 50,000 name labels to print, and i want each name to start from right and the next name should come exactly parallel on the left side in another column. and then it should go again to another column on the right side. I saw a post earlier regarding this ... but that user only had…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base