1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Layer palette extra option

Some option where the palette could/would autoshow the active layer - specifically when you have a lot of layers. Currently have docs with 100+ layers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. crashes on uploading docs

indesign crashes now that Iam using High Sierra. did not have frequent crashes with Sierra

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Faster way of following hyperlinks

Make it so Ctrl-clicking a hyperlink (or cross-reference) takes you to the destination instead of having to clumsily open a dialog box, find the link, and push the corresponding button. (Didn't Pagemaker do this long ago?)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the color of the hidden conditional text indicator match the color assigned to the condition

Currently, the color of the hidden conditional text indicator is orange. But why orange?why not something more useful? We are able to assign specific colors to each condition, so why not extend those colors to the hidden conditional text indicator as well? Right now, in order to see which condition is applied to hidden conditional text, we have to hover over it and hope that the tooltip pops up. Like this: http://documentgeek.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-see-hidden-conditional-text-in.html

But if there are number of hidden conditions, that trick doesn't work. At the very least, color-code the eyeball in the story editor. In the story editor, you…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Custom Cell Padding on Imported Spreadsheets

When importing excel or spreadsheets (.xls), Indesign CC automatically sets the cell padding on top/bottom as 0.0556" (or equivalent). There is currently no way to set default cell padding when Indesign is open without any publications/files open, nor is there an option when importing a document/spreadsheet.

Either allow for imported cell padding to be listed within the 'Show More Options" within the import screen, or allow for a global default cell padding to be entered into Indesign.

When publishing files that pull or link cell data from excel, each time the excel file is updated, it is a VERY manual…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to turn off auto centre when selecting layers

When selecting objects in my layers panel, my screen jumps to that object. This is not what I want. No way. Never.

Sometimes i go through my layers and select them to see what they are especially if they aren't named. But i don't want to navigate to them automatically! If i have zoomed in and am looking at a particular object, there is no way i want some automatic feature to take me away to a different part of the document - just so i have to zoom out and go back to where i was focusing on.
    Big…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rotated Text in tables

I would like the ability to have rotated text in tables, like we can already do in Word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Track changes for anchored stories automatically

When you turn on Track Changes for a story, you have to remember to also click inside any/all anchored stories and turn on Track Changes individually for them as well. I think it's a given that when you're tracking changes to a story, you want to track changes to all "child" stories as well. This should happen by default.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a Find/Replace function for things like tabs

Received a file with hundreds of useless tabs. Can replace in Word (and should have but didn't see them til I Placed in InDesign) but it would be a nice feature to add.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make layercompositions targetable with scripting

I want to change my applied alpha-mask (psd/tif).

What I have to do is browse to the image, reimport it (with import options true), just to select another alpha mask.

While scripting this, I found out, that the DOM is missing the layercomps. If a layercomp was set in InDesign away from default, re-importing a image by script will losse the selected layercomposition.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto speads into pages

Sometime we have to design in spreads then output for print in pages. This means with a spread you have to add bleed to the right of a left hand page and add bleed to the left of right pages when manually breaking the pages apart.

It would save time if Indesign 1- split all speads into pages and 2 -
    extended any image/ coloured boxes to the left/ right by the amount specified in the bleed preferences.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Prevent fonts from becoming bitmap when copied into InDesign or Illustrator

Why does a font in InDesign become bitmapped when copied into Illustrator; or the other way around - Illustrator into InDesign?

In Illustrator, why is there no keyboard command for FIND AND REPLACE as there are in other Adobe applications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Highlight changes

When 'undo' or 'redo' is clicked, go to that page and highlight what just changed, that way you won't have to hunt for it..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. double click on «verknüpfungen» opens finder and selects «verknüpfung»

double click on «verknüpfungen» opens finder and selects «verknüpfung» (dont know the word for «verküpfung» in english

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PDF text box cannot have the option of a "comb of characters".

PDF features - The text box in indesign cannot have the option of a "comb of characters". Also can we maybe be able to format these text boxes in InDesign rather than having to do it in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. EPUB enhancements

EPUB export option to be enhanced further to customize on styles generating in CSS based on our internal client requirements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. XML Workflow – InDesign need to improve much

We're facing huge difficulties in InDesign while handling the XML structure in InDesign, but it's good in FrameMaker. After importing the XML files in InDesign, no control is available in InDesign to validate the XML coding structure, also allowing the users to easily tamper the XML coding. Due to this limitation, XML extracting from InDesign are not actually correct and users need to fine-tune the same and spending huge time to correct. So current XML features to be improved much.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Trim dimension text variable

Client: “THIS IS THE WRONG SIZE!”

Designer: “But I put the trim dimension text variable in the slug area! Oh, right. There is no trim dimension text variable.”

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Absatzformatzuweisung für Interaktives PDF

Absatzformate in Textfeldern (für Interaktives PDF) bereits im InDesign festlegen können und nach Export als Interaktives PDF auch erhalten bleiben.
    Evtl. für nächste Version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. About data merge

Merge single records also on double pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base