When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Update Table of Contents" in right click context menu?

Off course after right clicking inside TOC text.

I don't know, why it isn't there already...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Asset Export

Asset Export Window that is in Adobe Illustrator would be a very useful feature in Indesign

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Retain font styles when copying/pasting text from Photoshop to InDesign.

I prefer to mockup print projects in Photoshop (including text) because I have faster/better control when I want to edit images and previsualize the end result. Once I have my final layout I switch to InDesign and replace the text so it's not bitmapped before printing. It would be great if I could just copy and paste the text from Photoshop to InDesign and it would retain the font style (size, weight, color, tracking, leading, etc) rather than having to make all of those adjustments by hand. Currently copying/pasting font styles works between Photoshop and Illustrator, but not PS and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My PDF will not export. It hits 35% then stops.I can't even use a new doc to export. Background task?

My PDF will not export. It hits 35% then stops. I can't even use a new doc to export. Background task is moving. I know this is an issue other people have dealt with but I want to put it on record.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to be able alter the standard prefs for effects

I am in CC2018 now and thought to change presets for once and for all; mainly because every time I want to give an object an outer glow I have to change the settings every time.

It seems impossible to change the random settings.
    Very annoying!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Table preview faster

Complex tables are REALLY low to preview in InDesign. I have a table 45 rows by 7 columns, and if I nudge it, it takes 5 seconds to preview. Then I nudge again... another 5 seconds. This SLOW table preview has been happening on all kinds of documents, for years. Please speed it up.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Image frames grow in height or width

Similar to the options that we have for text boxes, Autosize to height, width, both etc, could we do the same for images and then use the fit to frame options to control how the text boxes grow.

i.e you import and landscape image into a image holder, it is set to fit to height, but then the width grows or shrinks accordingly to fit the image. this can then effect text wrap.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tabbing Order when creating a new document

When tabbing on NEW DOCUMENT, the tab order goes from Width - Units - Height. It should go from Width - Height - Units. Illustrator does this correctly, Indesign has them in different (and distracting) order. Consistent between apps would be helpful!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drag text from CC libraries to existing line

When you drag text from the CC libraries into a text frame that has some text in it, the text you dragged won't be added to the line but it will create a new text frame.

I'd like it for the text to be added to a line in a text frame.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for making this suggestion. Currently you can right click on the Text element in the Libraries Panel with your insertion pointer at the location where you would want the text to go.
    Once you do this you get an option of Placing inline. This way you can insert the text at the exact same location.

Let me know how this goes for you.

10. auto save

where i can set up a selected time that the document saves eg every 5 minutes

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use regular selection tool with grouped objects

I would like to be able to select multiple objects within a group using the regular Selection Tool. Currently InDesign only allows me to select 2 items within a group. If I try to select a third object it "exits" the group. The Direct Selection Tool allows me to select multiple grouped objects, but will sometimes select just a vertex or other sub-element of an object. It would be great if the regular selection tool could select as much content within a group as desired. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a "Dropword" feature

A “dropword” is like a drop cap, but instead of making one or more characters large, it makes a space for the letter or word, but leaves the word a normal size:
    https://indesignsecrets.com/creating-dropwords-indesign.php

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Recent Pane improvements

I would like to suggest some improvements for the "Recent" pane across all Adobe programs.

• Right click the preview thumbnail, and have the option to select "Reveal in explorer"

• When having one or more files open, be able to return to view this "Recent" pane (in a tab perhaps)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Object style frame fitting: add 'align towards/away from spine'

This feature very useful for paragraph styles, for aligning type on facing pages on a spread. Would be equally useful for objects, so can align images towards/away from spine

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Graphic and text in same cell(s) or table

I can't see how to do it presently but it would be great to be able to put both a graphic and text placed over it in the same cell, or a number of cells or the entire table. RIght now it appears to be an either/or choice. I have anchored an image to a table so that it overprints the cell or table but that is rather clunky.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. live font

you need live font same photoshop and illustrator

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Delete unused-variables

Unfortunately the UI- and the Handling of variables is quiet different to all other menues and function in InDesign. And so theres still no way to delete "unused" variables.

While handling an document over several years - e.g. a typical product-catalog or price list - the variables-list grows from year to year as there are every year new products which need a variable. After some years it is not practical to have a list with 500 variables but only 100 are used.
    It would be very appreciated if the complete handling of variables could be like in all other menues.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When will you bring back Mini Bridge?

We are all missing Mini Bridge, it was such a useful tool, we don't know why it was removed. Do the engineers not ask for feedback from graphic production teams about these tools before removing them?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. So many bugs. Fix them. Like Package, or being able to use GPU performance to name a couple.

When will an update be available to fix some or all of the issues with InDesign CC 2017? It is not worth the monthly fee as is.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded

Sorry Barry seeing you face so many issues with InDesign. We are working towards making InDesign a more stable application and also fixing behavioural issues.

What would really help if you can submit any bugs/issues that you are facing along with the steps, this would help the team reproduce the issues internally. Please follow the below link to file Bugs for InDesign.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

20. Preflighter to warn of Effect modes in use (excluding Normal & Multiply)

Please add the ability in Preflighter to detect and warn of elements assigned to effect modes other than Normal and Multiply.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base