How can we improve InDesign?

Hiding Pages in a Document

It would be helpful to hide pages in a way similar to hiding columns in Excel. I don't want the information gone, I just need to minimize it so I can focus on the specific pages I need. Accessing this action via a right click in the pages menu would be ideal.

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sarah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this feature! The workarounds are terrible; saving different versions with various pages present, or what I end up doing is moving pages to the end of the document if I might need them later, but then they've lost their position in the document. :(

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I'd love the feature as well, you can always right click and create an alternate layout within the document.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was looking for a way to do exactly this, with no success. This would be a great feature to add.

• Roslyn Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking for the same thing. I have an INDD doc that I need to hide 2-3 pages depending on the audience I am printing for. Would love to be able to just hide pages instead of keeping multiple files.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm working on a booklet and need to print a version for a test audience that doesn't include four of the pages. I'd love to be able to turn those pages off and "print booklet" a copy of my document without them, instead of making a completely new file.

Feedback and Knowledge Base