Better rounded corner options
It would be great if InDesign could do what HTML / CSS can do with respect to rounding corners:
1) Allow an object to be completely rounded — a 1" square w/ .5" rounded corners should look like a circle (see attachment). (Referred to here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/Incompletely-rounded-corners-in-InDesign/m-p/10659192)
2) (this is secondary, but would be cool) Allow an object's rounding to be percentage-based, so a 2x1 rectangle w/ 50% rounded corners would look like an oval.
The first is the most useful — being able to have live type inside a pill shape is fairly valuable in all sorts of cases.
But the second one is also useful. Having options to create sophisticated shapes in which we can incorporate type is always handy.
The fix for the 1st issue mentioned here is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign.
You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can download the latest available build (188.8.131.52) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.
Adobe InDesign team