Changing Paragraph Style in InCopy story does not prompt check-out dialog
1. InDesign 13.1 and 14.0 both exhibit this behavior.
2. If you have an InCopy story that is not checked out to you, and you attempt to change a paragraph or character style, the following happens:
* The style change does not take effect (this is correct)
* The newly-selected style appears to be selected in the paragraph style panel (incorrect)
* The "You must check out the contents of this frame in order to make changes. Check out now?" dialog does not appear. (incorrect)
3. I expect the "You must check out the contents of this frame in order to make changes. Check out now?" dialog to appear.
There are a few other inconsistencies in these sort of actions as well -- with a checked-in story, most text editing options in the control panel are not available -- but changing the weight of a typeface is, although, like changing a paragraph style, it doesn't do anything. Typing a space produces the expected "Wanna check out? dialog; but typing a tab doesn't.
Thank you for submitting this.
It falls under the Feature Request category and thus being moved to the Feature Requests page.
The Adobe ID Team