Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

How can we improve InDesign?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PLEASE!!!! The most powerful design app in the world, and after all these years STILL no HSB in the color picker.

Hue, saturation and value are by far the best ways to create and use color, in nearly anything. All of the other color selections/spaces (CMYK, RGB, LAB, etc) should flow from there, secondarily. Illustrator and Photoshop have always supported HSB(V), and yet as amazing a design tool as InDesign is – it still doesn't. Many of us have been asking for years, and I'm surprised that there aren't more requests ... I think many of us have given up. You can do it, Adobe! You would make a lot of designers very happy, and add a very powerful missing feature…

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug in Merge paragraph borders

There is a bug in merge paragraph borders of CC 13.1. In thread text frames, the border is displayed immediately after end of paragraph.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Soft version of "Update Table of Contents"

If there is a Table of Content, with some correction in it (for example line breaks) and after that, there is a small correction in the content area, which followed by loosing one page. Therefore it would be great, to just update the Page-numbers, instead updating the whole ToC.

(sorry for bad english)

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks a lot everyone for the feedback. I am moving this under review.

4. Move "missing links" prompt to before PDF export dialogue.

Please move the "missing fonts" or "missing links" prompts to BEFORE the PDF naming and features preferences. I makes me nuts when navigate to where I'm dropping the final export, then name it, only to have an alert pop up telling me I'm missing something. I should be told that IMMEDIATELY.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The current Pantone Plus Color swatches (Color Bridge in particular) are not being updated when the Adobe software updated with updates

The Pantone Swatches do not update when updating Adobe software in the cloud. And updating with Pantone Color Manager is completely inane.

I have the most recent update for Adobe (InDesign CC Release 2017.1, and a build of 12.1.0.56 x64) and have loaded the most recent Pantone Color Manager to update the Pantone Plus Color Bridge colors (i started with one color library... updating all libraries would take at least a half day)

After updating:
    1. I can no longer search for colors as I used to, so I manually have to scroll through the whole list to find the…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Outlining text removes underlines (line above and below)

When supplying PDFs to printers they often/always require all text to be outlined. If you put an underline on any text and than go 'Type > Create Outlines', only the text becomes outlined and it completely removes any underline (line above and below that I've setup in paragraph styles). Expected results: To have the text outlined and retain the line above/below.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide/Filter pages in pages panel AND navigation

I got myself in a workflow where I would have a document having sections organised like that : title page / content page / title page / content page…
    I have to go back and forth between the content pages, and sometimes between the title pages.
    That helps to compare what has changed and what’s consistent between the pages.
    So I try to not distract my eye by either going to the pages panel or by ctrl-page up with the « title pages » interruption (think about the (now long gone) photoshop cmd-Z to undo/redo and spot differences.

If Title…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Changing Paragraph Style in InCopy story does not prompt check-out dialog

1. InDesign 13.1 and 14.0 both exhibit this behavior.

2. If you have an InCopy story that is not checked out to you, and you attempt to change a paragraph or character style, the following happens:

* The style change does not take effect (this is correct)
    * The newly-selected style appears to be selected in the paragraph style panel (incorrect)
    * The "You must check out the contents of this frame in order to make changes. Check out now?" dialog does not appear. (incorrect)

3. I expect the "You must check out the contents of this frame in order…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base