2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sensei, use it to align text and shapes

Hi all,
    Could Sensei be used to align text and shapes? Seems like a no-brainer to me to let AI fix it.
    An example , text in a circle.
    Now if you want to align it, you first need to Frame to fit the text. Then you need to select both the textframe and the circle. Then align them horizontally and vertically. ( on some frames you need to nudge the text up a bit to really align then horizontally.
    AI would could align both boundingboxes in less then a second.
    Please add it :)

Rob

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe Sensei Kerning

It would be great if Sensei could be implemented to replicate and improve manual kerning pair choices based on user preferences or behavior over time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Master Pages need to have one more control

Designing a brochure, at times i need the footer and header design etc. Master page is a huge tool was a huge help but i think it need one more feature. Master page should have the power to bring forward or entirely back of any design in layer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pictures via drag and drop from the website to indesign (.png .jpg .gif....)

Copy pictures via drag and drop from the website toto indesign (.png .jpg .gif....)
    Transparent PNG should be as well supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Paragraph rule will not appear on top of anchored objects

Currently an applied paragraph rule will not appear on top of an anchored object in a text box. According to one of the Adobe experts this is a default of the program.

Our catalogue has a country heading line of type followed by an outline of the country. The graphic of the country is embedded. Visually it appears underneath the subsequent text two or three lines of type.

The paragraph rule at the end of these two or three lines of type unfortunately appears underneath the image even though the text appears on top of the image. I would like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ALT + click on a paragraph style

ALT + click on a paragraph style must not reset local character formating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. IDML file icon in Windows Explorer almost indistinguishable from INDD file icon

I don't know who was the genius behind this change of InDesign file icons, but it's very time-consuming, most of the time i will open the IDML file instead of INDD file or viceversa. Probably for people working with few files is not a big deal, but when you work with tens of files, it's a hassle to constantly need to check the file extension. It cannot be changed from Explorer, you need a third party tool to do this on Win 10, which i don't wanna use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Utilize paragraph shading for text messages with improved functionality

The new paragraph shading feature would be fantastic to use for laying out text message conversations in books, but needs a few tweaks to make is fully functional. Text messages in books is becoming very common.

It used to be that you had to create shapes and anchor each in for a text message. Now you can use Paragraph Shading defined in the style for left side texts with no adjustments, but because right side text messages need to have the "bubble" shape aligned right, but the interior text left aligned. My solution is (see sample file):
    Create three base…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Firefox Keeps Crashing Windows 10

Firefox keep crashing on windows 7,windows 10 or firefox keep crashing , firefox keeps crashing 2019? if your error is possible then directly contact Mozilla firefox technical support phone number for your issues as soon as possible .

https://www.ecueshelp.com/blog/fix-firefox-keep-crashing-problem-on-windows/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. package indesign containing other indesign documents linked

I've a INDD doc containing several INDD docs linked. When I do package, if I select the make IDML option, only the main doc is saved as this, not the linked docs. I need to manual convert each doc (or open all docs and batch convert).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the Learn Panel so that it can be enabled, even for experienced users (not just those who claim to be beginners).

Make the Learn Panel so that it can be enabled, even for experienced users (not just those who claim to be beginners). Currently, there is no way to view the Learn Panel if a user claimed "experienced" status at setup, even if this was done by accident. Users should be able to view the Learn Panel, regardless of level of experience. Evidently most of the students at our K-12 school, thought they were experienced, and now cannot access the Learn Panel for necessary tutorials. Please make the Learn Panel available for everyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Last Sentence Nested Style Option

Add an option that will allow you to set up nested text at the end of a paragraph in addition to the beginning of paragraphs. Our magazine bolds the last sentences in one of columns and this would be a big time saver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reset to base for one single parameter of a paragraph/character/etc. style

I wish there was an easy way to just reset one specific parameter of a style to base ([ignore]).

For example:
    I have paragraph style p2 which is based on p1. I previously overwrote the Font Style of p2 but now I decided to change it back to inherit the Font Style of its base style (p1). It would be nice to have some way to do that only for the Font Style. Not for the Font Family or Size or any other parameter. Maybe by option–, cmd- or right-clicking on the parameter's name...?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Easier to find Span columns

I teach InDesign to beginners so we use the Properties panel a lot. I would like an easy way to find span columns directly in the Properties panel. Now you have to go to the Control panel and if it fits the screen you will find it at the right, otherwise in the Paragraph panelmenu. Such a great feature should be easier to access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Anchored text box and table content visible in InCopy story editor

Anchored objects only appear as icons in the InCopy story editor tab. This is no problem for photos and graphics, however:

My editors can't see tracked changes if they can't view the anchored text or tables in the Story Editor. They can make edits in Layout view, but can't tell if another editor made any edits.

Unlike InDesign where I can see track changes in the Story editor just by clicking in the anchored text or table, InCopy has no alternative — editors have only the Story tab and it doesn't appear there.

This is a crucial feature for us.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why haven't we got Hide Edges/Hide Bounding Box like Illustrator?

very useful for alignment, just better on the eye, without boxes and lines all over the show. Why is my Control panel shortcut/menu command intermitant?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. no vertical justification on last column

Implement a setting which will prevent the last column being justified vertically. Currently you have to add a separate text box that is set to align top to prevent this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove US spelling 'standardized' from UK dictionary

The en_GB dictionary includes both the US and UK spellings of 'standardised'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support simpler EPS and SVG to be transfered into Path in Indesign by Right Click

and not Copy Paste via Illustrator and Indesign. Basically like the function for fonts: the Hotkey for Fonts cmd + shift + o could be used if a graphic is selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base