2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4921 results found

1. Zwischenfarbe aus einem Verlauf Löschen/Entfernen

Zur zeit muss man die Zwischenfarbe an den Bedienfeldrand ziehen was meiner Meinung nach null Intuitiv ist. Besser wäre es wenn die Ausgewählte Farbe mit der Entf-Taste gelöscht werden kann oder per Rechtsklick dropdown gelöscht wird.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Possibility to keyboard shortcut Semibold (and other text formats)

As I am working for a company who has Semibold in their product names I struggle with this for a long time. In Flyers and documentations I have to select Semibold from the dropdown menu every time because I have not found a working script for Indesign or anything else that solves this 100%. Why is it even not possible to create own Mac OS shortcuts for this operation? In my opinion an obsolete problem that doesn't belong in 2019

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have the option to add dynamic or static captions to an anchored image.

It would be interesting to have the option to add dynamic or static captions to an anchored image.

On the 1st image, an anchored object, impossible to have the option to add dynamic or static captions.

On the 2nd one, not an anchored object, it's possible to add dynamic or static captions

Indesign CC 2019, French version on MacOS Mojave.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Compare 2 indd files

It is difficult to compare very huge indd files.
    It will be very useful if we are able to compare 2 indd files with minute precision including the styles, tags applied to text etc.
    A report should be generated of the change or atleast an UI where the differences can be compared between the 2 documents.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can we have the “save as filename” checkbox for exporting PDF back please (it was a very useful tool for about 1 year - now it’s gone)

Can we have the “save as filename” checkbox for exporting PDF back please (it was a very useful tool for about 1 year - now it’s gone)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make "Justify Text Next to an Object" work in all cases

As it stands, text wrapping around an object only responds to this preference (and justifies) when it wraps around the left and right sides of the object. It should work even if it only wraps around one side.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. GREP: Group or chain GREP expressions so they can all be triggered with one click

There are many times that I receive text with double spaces between sentences and double paragraph returns and ### between sections and 4 or 5 tabs in a row. These can all be fixed with GREP expressions, but it would save time to be able to create a group of expressions that can launch with one click. Similar to Next Style in a paragraph style description. I am sure there are even more complex compound instances that would benefit from this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Libraries - I should be able to rearrange swatches

I just got off a long chat with support only to learn that there is no way to rearrange the swatches in my library. The tech support professional told me I can use/select the colors in my document then rearrange them in the swatches panel. This is worthless. I have a long document with about 50 colors which are arbitrarily arranged in the library panel. If I cannot quickly access them alphabetically, then I am wasting a lot of time. PLEASE make it possible to arrange them in the library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adopt the latest PDF 2.0 specification

Flash-based PDF interactive output from InDesign is, to be kind, rather problematic. Flash-based interactivity is problematic with mobile-based PDF readers, including Adobe Reader on the iOS and Android platforms.

Please do what you can to adopt the PDF 2.0 standard promptly. Like a lot of other users working with interactive features within PDFs, I'm hopeful that by creating conforming documents, rather than hoping for conforming PDF writer and reader applications with widely varying degrees of success, would help InDesign take advantage of intrinsic security and interactive capabilities of the PDF 2.0 specification.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Call at Dell Support Number to resolve printer offline error

Dell printers are designed with the optimum quality components that why they work proficiently in every atmosphere. However, we can’t also deny the fact that some of the problems are always waiting at the edge to find their ways towards your Dell printer. Sometimes, your system is also unable to detect printer and displays printer is offline error. In this situation instead of bewildering, get to your senses and make a call at Dell Support Number. By taking optimum support from deft experts, you will be able to get rid of offline error in your printer. So, hurry up! Get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters

Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters. Currently using Mongolian Baiti or Noto Sans Mongolian fonts the characters in the words do not connect to the correct initial, medial or final forms. Only isolated forms are displayed. We tried any current settings but the characters do not combine. Is there a function to do this? We have not found any plug-ins so far. Perhaps it could be that the open type tables are not read which may be one reason for this. See the attached IndDesign file

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Empower Indesign "Books" to export PDF's that display perfect spreads between "chapters."

PDF is the only way to view a complete "Book." But Indesign is designed only to generate single-page PDF's. That is fine for final output for print production, when one needs a single-page document. But it fails during the design process, when one needs to show the clients a whole book (with complex visual/verbal design) as spreads. What happens now is that a left-hand chapter-ending page will appear as a single page in a spread-displaying PDF. And the right-hand chapter-beginning page will appear as a single page. The internal pages of the chapter will display as spreads. The PDF looks…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to let viewers scroll through an Indesign multipage file on my Pf site, using the "Publish Online" feature in InDesign

I want to let viewers scroll through an Indesign multipage file as one item in my portfolio grid in my Pf site. Perhaps InDesign and Portfolio can integrate a new feature using the "Publish Online" feature in InDesign to accomplish this in Pf!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deleting and merging layers functions

Many times with large files or files that have been passed to you from other designers, you may have to clean up the layers, and delete or merge layers. It would be great if when you go to delete a layer and you are notified that it has one or more objects on it, that it would tell you what pages those objects are on, so you can go there and deal with those objects (ie the Preflight panel when there are errors on particular pages). This would be especially helpful when dealing with large multi-page documents, so you don't…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Background Tasks button for progress bar while saving

To duplicate. Export large document to Print PDF, attempt to save while exporting, but background task prevents saving, ok, but only available option is cancel.
    Change would be to add another button to the dialog box to bring up the Background Task progress bar.
    Or an OK button to just return to unsaved document, but panel could then be opened to follow progress.
    Or leave dialog open and allow access to the small animated progress indicator in the top bar to open full background task panel.
    Or allow access to the panel/tab from the sidebar.

thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be very helpful if, when re-linking missing links, the WHOLE of the filepath appeared along the top of the window.

It would be very helpful if, when re-linking missing links, the WHOLE of the filepath appeared along the top of the window. At present I only see the start and end of the path, which often isn't enough to identify it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. export location

Please please include a tick box in the preferences that allows exporting to the same location as the indesign file you're exporting. I work in a busy studio and I'm constantly having to re-route where I'm exporting my files it's SO frustrating!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base