1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

144 results found

1. Add a preference to have to toggle the checkbox default for "Name with Color Value"

Add a preference to the InDesign Preferences panel so that the checkbox default for Name with Color Value can be set. When creating a new swatch in a document, the default is for the checkbox to be on, but checking the box off changes the name to New Color Swatch. Fine if you're adding one color or many colors in a row, but if adding colors in new documents all the time, this gets annoying.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to define a swatch that has a transparent gradient.

I want to create a swatch in the swatches palette that goes from X% color to no color. The same end result as applying a gradient feather effect but in a swatch so if I apply that swatch to an underline option in a text frame that is sitting above a non-solid color/image, the fade goes transparent and we don't see it fade to white.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Could we have a 'go to colour' link within Indesign like you do for image links please

It would be really helpful when editing colours within an document to be able to see where a colour has been used before deleting it. I know you can always replace it then convert back but it would be helpful to see where it was being used beforehand.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I need the lasted Pantone Solid coated v3 library please, efi Fiery has them.

Need new Pantone libraries please. efi and Xerox RIPs have them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Colours /Swatches Problem

There is big problem in InDesign for colours, because not every one remember different type of CMYK property .
    Just take an idea so you can understand [ When you draw a owl in illustrator, so you have a lot of colours options to change by using colour helper or if need then add from swatches, it's that easy, but in InDesign that's very hard to that, because if you have to change colour then first you have to know that colours CMYK property, then you can add into swatches then you can use that colour. So that's the big…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Refresh available swatches after creating a new swatch in Paragraph styles window

When you create or change a paragraph style, in the window where all the formats of the paragraph style are listed, you can change the character color, you can also create a new swatch by double clicking on the fill or stroke color icon. But once the new swatch is created, you can not imediately select it for your paragraph style, you have to change the category in the window (for example go to underline options), then go back to character color to use the new swatch.
    Instead it should be that when the create new swatch dialog is closed,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A button to convert or set swatches from Coated or Uncoated PMS to the opposite in a instant. Like a master switch.

In Prepress there are 2 sets of PMS swatches, and clients do not know when to use either correctly or use both on the same layout.

We need a master switch to use either/or, and be able to switch between them with a click of a button. I would think this would be a page setting or something.

I have attached a zip containing 2 indesign files, 1 of which has been provided by our client and the other has the UNCOATED swatches converted to COATED for press print.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Easy text export of color number information for Branding

On branding projects, I have to provide my clients with all their color number information, and make it look pretty at the same time. A way to export or copy/paste the cmyk, rgb, hex, pantone, lab information would be hugely helpful! See example

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Non-transparant inks

We, a printshop using offset and digital (HP-Indigo) presses, are using non-transpartant spot-colors like White or Foil. Indesign handles spot-colors as transparant. For normal inks, this is OK, but not for those mentioned, since these are opaque. I know the overprint-attribute does something almost similar, but it's not exactly the same.

So i need an option to define a spotcolor as 'Non-Transparent'.

It seems to me that for screen-printing this would also be a valuable option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Conditional colours for chapters

When we work with chapters and styles, sometimes we have a different thematic colour by chapter. It would be very interesting to define one or several conditional chapter colours for a section. We define the "Conditional chapter colour" in styles and depending on the page, these colours change. So, there is no need to create multiple styles with same parameters but different colours within the document or there is no need to split the document to play with these different parameters. Everything is in the same document and it is easier if we need to change the colour palette.

Many…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change the Eyedropper Tool back to default on the tool bar instead of the Color Theme Tool.

The standard Eyedropper Tool used to be the default option on the Tool bar. This was convenient for sampling colors as well as text styles. Now, there is no way to change the default from the Color Theme Tool to the Eyedropper. The Color Theme Tool has its place in Illustrator, but as InDesign is mostly used for text, it is crucial that the Eyedropper Tool is quickly accessible. In my career, I have barely used the Color Theme Tool in InDesign, whereas I use the Eyedropper daily. It is frustrating for my coworkers and I to now change it…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add "Preview" button when creating a new color swatch

When you have and object selected and a fill or stroke color is applied to it...and you want to create a new swatch using a different color...a "Preview" box in the New Swatch dialog box would be helpful so you can see how it would look before accepting it. Currently, ID will apply your new swatch to your selected object(s) after it's created, so allowing adjustments at the same time could cut down on an extra step should you need to tweak the color.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pantone colors (Uncoated Solid) are unavailable in March 15 2018 updated CCInDesignuploaded colors which don't show up.

Many Pantone colors not compatible or accessible InDesign CC March 15 2018 upgrade. Specifically 2012 U Solid
    PMS are REQUIRED FOR SPOT PRINT JOBS!!!!!
    When is this essential requirement going to be addressed???????
    This is not something to "consider" as a feature request. It is an essential aspect of PRINT design and technology and needs to be accessible in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CC Libaries won't load even though I'm signed in to my account

CC Libaries won't load even though I'm signed in to my account. I'm trying to get to the color swatches that I've added to my library

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Swatch Grouping

The Color Group function is really useful, but it only works in the creation phase if you select multiple colours. There's no obvious way to add a colour to a group after it's been created - there's no contextual menu option, there's no palette menu option, and seemingly, you can't drag and drop it into the folder, which is counterintuitive as this is something users do all the time with Layers. Similarly, color groups should function the same way inside the CC Libraries palette. There should be a shortcut to add any selected Swatch or Color Group to the current…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Searchable colors

I think it would be beneficial to have searchable color names in the swatches - so if I were to be replacing one color with another, I could type the name of the color I am looking to replace. to narrow down my search.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. adding PMS colors to color books

Rahul Sharma: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.
    Mirjam Pijning: Hi
    Rahul Sharma: Please allow me 1-2 minutes while I review your issue.
    Rahul Sharma: As I can understand, you want to use PMS 2148C swatch color, is that correct ?
    Mirjam Pijning: That is correct
    Mirjam Pijning: But it is not available in the color book PMS Solid Coated
    Rahul Sharma: I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Rahul Sharma: I'll be glad to help you with your issue today.
    Rahul Sharma: May I have your phone number to update your profile?
    Mirjam Pijning: +31 6 46 23 03 62
    Rahul…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reopen color theme floating palettes

I have a workbook/training document that has sections, and each section uses a different color scheme. I used the Color Theme tool to create the different color themes for the various sections. But with each new theme, I lost the preceding floating palette. It would be so helpful to be able to reopen a color theme floating palette that is based on a theme you saved in the Swatches panel. It would be more convenient to drag the floating palette around the screen (near to the objects where you want to apply fill or stroke) than to have to undock,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hex colors please!

Really would like to be able to use HEX numbers for colors. I know InDesign is primarily for print, but some of us want to move our digital teams completely over to CC, and being able to use InDesign for digital work would be great...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base