2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

272 results found

1. Checkbox to exclude styles from output in »edit all export tags« panel

I'd love to exclude styles to be output into HTML, EPUB, etc. with a simple checkbox in the »edit all export tags« panel. Up to now, I have to delete styles that I don't want in the export every time before the export. The checkbox would save a lot of time with recurring work as journals etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Vignette effect for frames

Hi guys,

This would be a killing feature. There's NO WAY to automatically assign a vignette effect to a photo frame. I order to do that I have to:

1) Emulate the effect . by assigning inner shadow to a frame. This is kind of ok but it has probblems: it's not a propper vignette (vignettes actually affect corners, kind of a radial gradient) and there is no way to apply a size that is relative to the frame (I know, this is not even possible anywhere).

2) On a picture, I can select the content of the frame (the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Object Styles Positioning from inner margin (spine)

For the last few years or from as long as I can remember, I am having to have two styles for each action. So the most simple action I do is a Full Page bleed image box. On the outer margin it has an additional 3mm. This is set from the inner margin out. However I have to always create to styles, one for the left and page and one for the right. It would be so useful to have 'from Spine' as an option as a reference point.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change one setting across styles

Changing one element for several styles at once is extremely important, and not only for fonts (for which obviously Replace Fonts can be used). For example, if you have an ebook localized into Japanese, you have to go style by style applying a different paragraph composer, kinsoku and mojikumi settings, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add "redefine style" button

I, and probably many other users, often use the "redefine style" button in the various style windows (mainly paragraph and object styles, but also character style etc.).

This is a very visual-centered iterative process, with a lot of tweaking, refining and tweaking again. And the "redefine style" is a key component in that process.

It should be reduced to a single click of a button, instead of right-clicking and choosing it from the menu - just as "clear overrides" has a button of it's own.

I've added the current paragraph stye menu, and an updated one with the dedicated "redefine…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Grep: option to relink parent and child paragraph syles

I create an "A" paragraph style with some grep options and then create a "B" paragraph style based on the "A" paragraph style. When I add a new grep option in "B", style "B" breaks its link with "A", so if I change the grep option to style "A", style "B" keeps the "A" option original and don't update its grep option.
    Please add an option to make it possible to keep the link between the parent style grep option even when I add a new grep option to the child paragraph style. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PLEASE!! Remove "Synchronize styles accross book" button

PLEASE!! Remove "Synchronize styles accross book" button or at least add a "are you sure" confirm button.
    This is an irreversible action which can mess all documents within a book without the option to undo it.... AND IS NEXT TO "SAVE BOOK" BUTTON.
    You are just one pixel away from destroying your project instead of saving it!
    This is nuts

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove style attributes from Style Settings in General tab

The Style settings overview is helpful, but dang would it be amazing to remove some attributes right from that box.

Sometimes something odd will get added to a style if created from existing type (such as shading bottom right corner radius). If I don't want that as part of my style, there is no way to easily remove it. If the style attributes were in a list format, not a running paragraph, you could have a delete icon next to each attribute, that could be deleted. )Take it one step further, and an edit button would take you right to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to apply color to some or all of the individual style names in paragraph/character style palettes.

It would be so great to be able to apply color to some or all of the individual style names in paragraph/character style palettes, the way we can in the drop-down tool palettes.

The InDesign interface is terribly small (compared to Illustrator or Photoshop) and even my special computer glasses -- in conjunction with a 43-inch monitor -- are unable to compensate. There are times when I have 30-50 styles for large projects but use particular ones consistently over the others. I have a very hard time picking these out without stopping to stare, get close, examine the palette --…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Implementing "Grep styles" like a "Character style"

Grep styles deserve to be used like any existing style.

This means:
    1 - Having a panel where we can create/modify/ delete any grep style (similar use as the Character style panel)

2 - Having the Paraph.style/Grep styles section revamped.
    There, a drop down list allows the user to select existing Grep styles (If any)

3 - a "+" button allows to add and implement some more Grep styles
    This allows to use multiple grep styles

The added value is to create only once a list of grep style actions. They can then be connected to paragraph styles easily.

This…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to set default font (style/size) in Forms

When I use the interactive feature for forms, the default font is always Minion Pro. I would like to be able to change this for any text box I make, rather than having to do it text-box by text box. I understand that if the user does not have the font on their computer, this would be replaced with one they do have.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Footnote options sync

Can you guys make possible to import Footnote Layout? Or sync it on a book?

Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. External (Global) Styles — (Paragraph, Character, Table, etc) to sync and apply to multiple documents

It is constantly frustrating that every year Adobe fails to update InDesign with external Style functionality.

It should be easy to define a set of Paragraph Styles and apply that as "Global Style" which can then be used
    across multiple InDesign files. Updating a "Global Style" would then apply those Style changes to all affected documents.

This should apply to all things that can have styles applied, Table, Object, Paragraph, Character, etc. Any of these different styles should be able to be saved to an External Global Style — that can be then saved externally locally — or saved to the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We need feature variables

Ideas for expanding the functionality of text variables have already appeared here. It would also be interesting to create variables to describe the properties of non-text objects. For example, color, font size, size (length / width), page position, styles, etc.

The benefit of such an introduction is obvious: you do not need to create many monotonous styles that differ only in one or two common features. It would also indirectly affect the number of master spreads created.

Each property of a certain object represented by a list (for example, color) can be expanded with variables of the corresponding types (color…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Default frame size

I'd like a preference setting to preset the frame width for when you paste text into InDesign.
    By default, the text frames are 52,917 mm wide (which is 150 pt, but some of us work with mm); I'd like to set the default to a different value, say 100 mm.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Column Guides and Text Wrapping

Can Ignore Text Wrap be an option in the properties for Column Rules? As an instructional designer in a team, we often have screenshots of the UI, with a text wrap of Jump, at the top of the left column in a two column layout. Currently, that forces the column rule to begin below the image, see screenshot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Select multiple, discontinuous paragraphs

When applying paragraph styles throughout a document, it is only possible to select multiple continuous paragraphs in one go. If I want to style all first level headings, for example, I have to click on each, apply the paragraph style and repeat and repeat and repeat... Often finding the appropriate style requires scrolling in the paragraph styles window. It would be very useful, and much quicker, to be able to select all headings and apply Head A (or whatever) in one click. This might be achieved by clicking in the paragraphs with a keyboard combination pressed or, as was done…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. underline outdent/indents

The border and rules have options to outdent or indent, but the underline style does not. Sometimes you need a character style to highlight a word, and the only way to do that is with the underline style. It doesn't look great when there is no space on either side of the highlight, so you need to add extra spaces before and after the word. Can this be added to the underline style options?

Maybe it should be a new feature called ”highlight.” It would work like Microsoft Word but with options.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. alt/option + new style

When you want to create a new style and have the window pop up immediatly, you have to alt+click on ne "new style" button.
    The window should pop up when you simply click the "new style" button. This should be the same for other panels such as the swatches panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I wish to replace Minion Pro (which I never have used and never will use) with Arial

You've made Minion Pro your default font. I want to use Arial as my default font.
    You've made 1 point your default line width. I want to use 0 point as my default line width.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?