2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Possibilité de masquer la barre qui ne sert à rien

Bonjour,
    Avoir la possibilité de masquer la barre qui ne sert à rien et occupe de l'espace inutilement.
    Sur la capture d'écran, l'astuce que j'ai trouvée pour "masquer" au mieux cette barre.
    Merci !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can we have a UI that makes it clear when InDesign is the active window?

The current crop of CC app interfaces give no visual indication that an application frame is active if it doesn't actually overlap another one on the screen. Unless the ruler is active, there is NO visual cue to tell the user that InDesign has focus, for example, and even the ruler change is non-obvious.

The problem is with the nonsensical suite-wide UI change that eliminated even the Windows title bar, which gives a very clear indication whether a window has focus. I assume some exec who flunked UX 101 has the idea that designers only work with one window at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remove the page "drop shadow"

Remove the page "drop shadow". It's confusing to see the thicker black border on the right and bottom of the page. Is it a locked element? No, it's part of the UI! Why? What is it trying to be?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Drag an image directly from the links panel to the page.

There's something i'd LOVE to see in inDesign.

Imagine, you design a document, with different images, logos, etc. They come from libraries, folders, bridge, you name it.

Now you realize a logo you used on page 1 needs to replace a logo on page 24. But not ALL logos. And you want to do it visually by dragging and dropping.

You'd need to copy, paste inside, or use the relink command. And may be need to dig in your CC libraries to find it again.

Same thing if you'd like to place it somewhere else. You have all your links…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Groups, Smart Groups, and Searching in Links Panel

The links panel should support Groups and Smart Groups. Large numbers of links in projects -- especially those that include a lot of InCopy assignments -- get unwieldy.

Ideally you would be able to make groups and manually move links into them, and also create smart groups that would automatically update. Ideas for common filters that smart groups would be used for:

All CMKY images, all non-CMYK images, all InCopy links, all links that need to be updated, all links that are embedded or not, all links that are currently on a Hidden Layer or hidden via conditional text, etc.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add additional interactive options to the buttons and forms panel

The buttons and forms panel (used for making interactive form elements for PDF) is missing several options that are available in Acrobat such as:
    * insert image button
    * insert date button
    * insert barcode button

There was a request to do this but it was marked FIXED and (in my humble opinion) is far from fixed - https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/20482882-more-options-when-creating-forms-via-indesign

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Focus the application after drag-and-drop

Scenario: 2 monitors, on the right Bridge, on the left inDesign. When I drag-and-drop a file into a container, as expected, the linked file does change.

Problem: inDesign doesn't focuses - Bridge remains in focus, so any shortcut key goes into this. Example, Ctrl-Z removes the last copied file... :-(

Suggestion: focus inDesign after an external drag-an-drop is accepted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Choose the language of the interface

The idea would be to be able to change the language of indesign as in Phostohop. After installing the desired languages via the Creative Cloud, it would be possible to choose the language in which you want to work. Most of the time people use 2 languages, English and their own language.
    Why not install default international English and be able to choose another language for installation.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make the Links Panel more efficient/less work to use

Make Links panel more usable by wrapping the information for links. For example, I can't even see most of the file path until I undock the panel and make it wide enough to view. Same with a long file name. Then you have to F around adjusting the **** columns so you can see both file name & file status. Wouldn't it make more sense to have an auto-size feature so info like this is easily viewable? Even wrap text to the next line. Also, why so much space between all the lines of info? It's a ridiculous amount of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 'Paste Attributes' - just like in Premiere Pro

If I have a couple of images placed on a page, if I want to match the attributes (eg. reference point, x offset, width, rotation angle, etc.) of picture B with picture A, I have to either manually remember (or copy) enter each of picture A's number and enter it into picture B's attributes, or use a script such as Equalizer.

It would be fantastic to have something just like Premiere Pro's Paste Attributes. Using this, I could select picture A, do Edit>Copy, then select picture B, do Edit>Paste Attributes... and a dialog box would pop up asking which attributes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add "Reveal in Explorer" option in Windows version

Why isn't this feature available on the Windows version of InDesign? It's always been there on the Mac version. When right-clicking on an open document's tab, there should be an option at the bottom that allows revealing the current document in Explorer.
    This feature is even available in Photoshop for both versions as well! It should have been added for feature parity long ago and it's a useful feature to have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Floating Paragraph Rules Panel

A floating/dockable paragraph rules panel would be helpful when having to change a file with multiple paragraph rules applied manually and not in a style. As it is now I have to select each instance and open the dialog box and change the rule settings. Also, show both rule above and below at the same time in the dialog box! Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Native fullscreen-mode on macOS

I think InDesign (and every other CC application) should support Apples native fullscreen-mode in macOS. I can understand when some people prefer the oldschool way of just maximizing de window, but the native fullscreen-mode would be so much more convenient when working with multiple desktop spaces and would be much more consistent within macOS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Remove Frame" option

If you have several items that are grouped together in a frame, it can be difficult to edit them. You have to cut them out of the frame to ungroup them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Find and Search

Perform multiple Find and replace with saved queries. I get a lot of standard documents that require the same find and replace. There isn't a record action button like the other Adobe products so it would be great to have that or run multiple queries at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Discrete Zoom vs. Resize Multi-touch Gesture Preferences

Currently the enable/disable Multi-touch Gestures preferences turn on and off all multi-touch gestures, including multitouch resizing of content and interface actions, such as zoom. It would be great to have an option to preserve multi-touch UI gestures, such as zoom separate from enabling resizing of content. For example, it would be useful to be able to zoom in and out with multitouch in any area without having it actually affect content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Removal modal warnings when opening a document.

Such as missing links, fonts, etc. Perhaps a docked issues panel once the document is open, but modals block the loading, and if you happen to be opening several old documents at the same time... Also the one that needs attention inevitably pops under the one that says the document is loading. Just remove them all and find another way to give the user feedback.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Split screen on mac os

please allow split screen view on the MAC OS. I am constantly working across programs like indesign and word and this would be very helpful

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Frame Fitting Panel

Fairly self explanatory. Frame fitting options are one of the only frequently used features that don't have their own panel, which can cause UX issues for various reasons. Solution, give them a panel.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base