1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When relinking files, prefer to show entire filename instead of path

When relinking files a dialogue oops up where the relinked file is selected. At the top of the dialogue the path to the file is shown. If there isn't enough space for the entire path, including filename, it is condensed by removing some text in the middle. If there is enough room to show the entire filename that should be shown. The path to the file is not as important as the name of the file, especially when relinking multiple files which are often in the same folder and I am already looking in that folder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Searchable keyboard shortcuts (as per Illustrator)

Could we get a searchable keyboard shortcuts interface like Illustrator's? It's really handy for rapidly changing keyboard shortcut settings.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CC Libraries Export should remember last-used folder

When exporting CC Libraries from InDesign on macOS, the Desktop is always chosen as the last export location, even if you have already exported to another folder in that session.

ID should remember the last-Library-exporter folder and autofill it into the "Location:" section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Zwischenfarbe aus einem Verlauf Löschen/Entfernen

Zur zeit muss man die Zwischenfarbe an den Bedienfeldrand ziehen was meiner Meinung nach null Intuitiv ist. Besser wäre es wenn die Ausgewählte Farbe mit der Entf-Taste gelöscht werden kann oder per Rechtsklick dropdown gelöscht wird.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ui 4k

please please please add a UI scaling option for mac users who work on 4k screens. our eyes will thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Background Task Panel

Please make the Background Task panel smaller. There doesn’t seem to be any reason for it to be this big. For laptop users it is a real space hog.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please don't kill the Control panel.

The Control panel is more useful, less obtrusive, and more space-conscious than the Properties panel on small displays like laptops.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a Search / Filter field to the Links tab

Finda out wether a certain file is used, is manual labour in InDesign.
    What, if the Links Tab had a search/filter field (like in After Effects' timeline and project panels).

Find by name, filter by kind.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Recognize GPU Performance on more systems

I have a 2013 MacPro with dual d500 GPU's and an Eizo CG277 Monitor...which is the pinnacle of graphic design monitors. I can't enable GPU performance?! Retina monitors do not have near the color accuracy of Eizos.
    My Eizo connects via thunderbolt 2 and USB...both at the same time. The bandwidth is definitely sufficient.
    It is ridiculous.... I have more than enough power, let me utilize it. Your requirements are not valid for professionals.

Please expand your list of GPU Performance systems beyond "Retina Monitors"

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Call at Dell Support Number to resolve printer offline error

Dell printers are designed with the optimum quality components that why they work proficiently in every atmosphere. However, we can’t also deny the fact that some of the problems are always waiting at the edge to find their ways towards your Dell printer. Sometimes, your system is also unable to detect printer and displays printer is offline error. In this situation instead of bewildering, get to your senses and make a call at Dell Support Number. By taking optimum support from deft experts, you will be able to get rid of offline error in your printer. So, hurry up! Get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Properties Panel - missing "vertical justification"-buttons "top", "center", "bottom", "justify"

Indesign CC 2019 (oct)

The old control panel had buttons for the textframe options "vertical justification": "top", "center", "bottom", "justify". I need them accessible in the new properties panel ... one-click. I am too lazy for option-doubleclick or CTRL-b.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. FIX CONTROL PANEL: InDesign 2019 does not display from the menu or is just blank as noted below

In Design for mac version 2019: The control panel is terrible: clicking the menu displays nothing. Only changing the Workspace which use to be a workaround to display it, now displays a blank and therefore useless panel.

This is just unacceptable. The menu problem has been a problem for a long time but now there is no workaround. This must be fixed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import pdf-comments: not possible to locate notes on the page

If I Import PDF-Comments the included notes are in the comments, but I cannot locate them on the page. I don't know to which element the note is belonging.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cleaner Workspace Option

When working in InDesign, if I click on the Paragraph Styles tab, it opens to the left and covers part of the workspace and scroll bar. If you look at the image supplied, the Properties Tab shows all the options in one place clearly, and it is out of the way.

Could we have a setting where, when one selects a tab, it opens into a right side panel and does not extend over or into the work space. That will also help when resizing the window.

this enhancement will help avoid closing tabs all the time, (unless one chooses…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The option to LOCK panels and their objects into place so they cannot be undocked by accident.

Not everyone one of us is young, and some of us have conditions where we're not able to fully control our movements such as advanced arthritis or MS. I often accidently undock an item in the panel, and I mean OFTEN. It is frustrating, and interrupts my workflow.

For accessibility to disabled designers, there really SHOULD be a way to make those docks NOT so easily moved, undocked, etc. Floating panels was fine when I had finger control but now that I'm in early stages of MS--its frustrating that I accidently undock an item from a panel or move the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow UI Scaling for 4K Resolutions on Windows PCs

I have a 4K 15.6" screen Windows laptop (3840 x 2160) and the menus in InDesign are always ridiculously small. The Windows recommended setting is 250%, but InDesign only supports up to 200%, which is too small for 4K screens, making menus, panels, and tools too small. Please change this support to AT LEAST up to the Windows standard of 250%, if not more.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use the full monitor

I use a 30" monitor. But e.g. the font menu only uses 1/3 of its height. So I have to scroll in a small list. This feels claustrofobic, since there is a lot of room outside the list box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please please please make Rich Tool Tips optional!

Please please please make Rich tool tips optional.

If you of any reason at all as an advanced professional user of Indesign has to reinstall Indesign these Rich Tool Tips makes you suicidal. Not to criticize anybody specifically but they are the most stupid thing and first and foremost totally useless.
    It actually makes you hate the software and the developers.

And i would rather like to love you instead.

It is an mental health issue basically. Because they linger on for far too long and occupies too much time and space when you actually tries to get the work…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. preferences+search

There are so many preferences in the preferences-dialogbox I which I could search like in the macOS or Windows preferences.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Find/Change Panel -> Dockable ?

I'm struggling with screen estate here (laptop, no other screen) and was wondering about the Find/Change window.

It's floating on top of everything, like a modal window, but you still can interact with everything underneath.

So it is basically acting like a panel.

What I am missing here is an icon + the option to dock it and hide and show when needed.

It is quite a large panel so it very often hides things (results, context) under it.

What about 3 things :
    1. "make it a (real) panel", don't change design quick and dirty, but already solves the…

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base