1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give icons in the Corner Options dialogue their proper orientation

Instead of using the same orientation for each corner option icon in the Corner Options dialogue, give each corner an icon with the proper orientation. See After.png.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow closing of "Adobe InDesign 2020" palette

Please allow closing of the "Adobe InDesign 2020" palette completely. I was able to extract it off the top of the top toolbar, but there's literally no way to close it and nothing in it that I would ever use on a regular basis. And I already know I'm in InDesign 2020—I don't need to lose 20 or 30 pixels all the way across the top of my screen telling me that, and I certainly don't need it lying fallow covering up part of my screen once I move it out of the top palette area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add additional interactive options to the buttons and forms panel

The buttons and forms panel (used for making interactive form elements for PDF) is missing several options that are available in Acrobat such as:
    * insert image button
    * insert date button
    * insert barcode button

There was a request to do this but it was marked FIXED and (in my humble opinion) is far from fixed - https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/20482882-more-options-when-creating-forms-via-indesign

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Compare Indesign Documents

@Adobe:
    I often have to deal with INDD documents which seem to be identicaln but ofte there is a small veraiation. It would be super cool if there´s a function directly in InDesign like in Acrobat to compare 2-3 documents side by side.

cheers Aleks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shortcut for active text frame out port click

Looking for a shortcut that would act the same as clicking on the out port of the active text frame. Rather than having to click on the tiny icon in the bottom right corner, a keystroke would speed this process up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a PDF Export page to the Preferences dialog

A small offering of PDF Export preferences to include basic defaults and the option to include/exclude certain settings (i.e., page range, view) in a preset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ai panel and short cut automation

A workflow efficiency feature based on user behaviour and pointer travel distance the Adobe product suggests to relocate and add panels that would reduce the klicks and mouse movements, show and construct keyboard short cuts to speed up the work flow for you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better place for Alignment in Paragraph Style editor

Alignment is in the tab 'Indents & Spacing' - not very logical - I have to search for it all the time (not a daily InDesign user).

Suggestion: replace the Justification tab by 'Aligment & Justification''.

And in the dialog itself, the alignment has to chosen from a pull down menu.
    Why not the icons as used in the toolbar (and a pull down for the extra options)?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. InDesign needs UI Scaling like Illustrator and Photoshop

Now that Illustrator and Photoshop offer UI scaling (for tools, panels, etc.), it would be great to see this feature implemented in InDesign as well. Since the UI was changed significantly in InDesign 2015.4, many have complained that it wastes too much space (especially when on a laptop or smaller screen), while others prefer the more spacious UI. It would be great if we could have the option to scale it to our liking.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Solo Mode for Properties Panel

Okay, I love the new Properties panel, and the fact that it is a work in progress. As it gets longer, instead of scrolling too much, could there be an option of putting the sections of the Properties panel into Solo Mode similar to Lightroom?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keyboard keys maintain consistent position of page in the viewport

If I click the little Previous/Next Page buttons at bottom left of screen, I can cycle through pages, and the position of the page within the window stays the same throughout the process. This is great and very helpful when flipping through a book quickly.

But if hit PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN on the keyboard, it seems to SCROLL the document position up/down by some numerical value, with no regard to the position of the page being displayed.

It would be logical and helpful if PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN had exactly the same effect as the PREVIOUS/NEXT page…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change link page in link info tab

Allow me to change the page in the link info panel instead of having to relink each page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Background Tasks Pane animation

Create an animation setting for the Background Task Pane so that the pane gives feedback while in a closed, docked position.

Why this is important is simple. Even with the larger and larger monitors with more and more real estate, simple things like the Background Tasks Pane having to be fully open to be examined is counterintuitive and by extension counterproductive. I would like to be able, with a simple glance at a docked pane to tell exactly what state the background task is in and if further detail is desired or needed, then it can be expanded with the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Implement smooth(er) scrolling on Windows

This may well go hand-in-hand with the GPU acceleration request. Currently, mouse-wheel scrolling is stepped I fairly large increments, even when using a high-end pointing device such as the Logitech MX Master 3. This makes for significant fatigue when navigating a large document.

The behavior in MacOS, even without GPU acceleration enabled is a LOT better. Please add some kind of control over the incriment size at least, or idially a truely 'smooth' experience. Illurtrator and Photoshop are much much better, but I spend my life in InDesign. Affinity Publisher on Windows has managed it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy GREP styles from one Paragraph Style to another

Copy GREP Styles from one Paragraph Style to another

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Alt shortcuts T-E-T

ALT T-E-T used to activate 'Change to Title Case' but now it doesn't make it. Is this an error?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Native fullscreen-mode on macOS

I think InDesign (and every other CC application) should support Apples native fullscreen-mode in macOS. I can understand when some people prefer the oldschool way of just maximizing de window, but the native fullscreen-mode would be so much more convenient when working with multiple desktop spaces and would be much more consistent within macOS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Align & Distribute Objects with Keyboard Shortcuts

Implement the keyboard shortcuts that are already used for this exact feature from Adobe XD!

CMD, CTRL, arrows (mac)
    CTRL, shift, arrows (pc)
    Up aligns top, down aligns bottom, left aligns left, right aligns right.

CMD, CTRL M (mac) / shift M (pc)
    Align horizontally (m for middle)

CMD, VTRL C (mac) / shift C (pc)
    Align vertically (c for centre)

CMD, CTRL, V (mac) / CTRL, shift V (pc) Distribute vertically

CMD, CTRL, H (mac) / CTRL, shift H (pc) Distribute horizontally

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Edit Variable dialog: highlight Text text box first instead of variable name to work faster

In the Edit Variables dialog box, It would work faster on a daily basis if the third text box, named Text, would be the one highlighted for change. In a context where you define all your templates then reuse them, when you use variables, it is only to change them. So most used text box is the third one in the Edit variable dialog box.

We would save a lot of time if, when we click to edit a variable, the 3rd text box is highlightes for change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Zoom using only Scroll Wheel / Pan with the middle mouse button

Today, the majority of softwares have a simply rule regarding using a mouse: scroll wheel to zoom in/out and middle button and pan with middle button clicked.
    Simply like that.
    So why only PS has the option to use the scroll wheel as zoom and the other softwares from the Adobe CC don't?
    And why all the softwares in the Adobe CC doesn't the option to use the scroll wheel to zoom without pressing Alt and pan without the need to use the Spacebar.
    If those features are implemented, most people that already use Adobe products will love it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base