1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Indesign UI bigger

People have been complaining for years about Indesign's hard to see UI and the inability to make adequate changes. Why is it 2020, and this issue is still unresolved? I shouldn't have to change my Windows UI to make it better, which by the way it doesn't. Attached pic of my display at the recommend UI setting of 250% on a 15 inch screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More space for document name when saving

When saving a file, the "save" or "save as" space for giving a name to a document is often too small, as it only fits about 32 characters. 64 characters would be a nice number, so every name would fit without having to scroll.

In our production flow, we have to name our documents with the client number, the project name, the type of visual, the size, the language and, when it's ready to print, the number of copies. Our documents are often between 30 and 50 character long.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. save the set of all open files

If you live in an environment where you have to shut down InDesign and start it up again, such as a corporate "day job" or if you want to backup your files at night:
    Offer an option to reopen all of the file tabs that you had open when you last quit.
    I often have a set of four files open, two of which are open in two windows/tabs., for a total of six windows/tabs. It would be nice to be able to start up InDesign and have it automatically reopen all those files, basically getting back to where I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Scrubby/ Animated Zoom

This has been requested since 2017 with no comment, and this is one of the most basic and urgent features - especially considering the fact the Photoshop and Illustrator - which are tightly linked to InDesign - do have this feature.

Illustrator should have the option for Scrubby/Animated zoom.
    If I'm not mistaken, this already exists for Mac users, but not for PC users.

This is beyond frustrating and should be at least addressed by an Adobe representative.

Thank you, and I hope this will be fixed soon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring back Click-and-Drag character and paragraph interface

The scale scrubbers on the control panel/menus that allowed us to click and drag to adjust character size, tracking, line spacing, etc. were invaluable. It allowed us to see the changes as we were making them. Please bring them back! It takes me about eight times as long to lay out text now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display document size

Similar to photoshop, It would be very useful if you could see your document size on the bottom of InDesign next to the Horizontal Scrollbar.

No need to waste your time going to File>Document Setup

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adobe InDesign Android Professional Version

Now Adobe InDesign Also should Have Provide new platform for Android Professional Version for InDesign User. Now Android is also big platform such as e.g windows Nd MAC user lovers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trackpad zoom windows

Seems really backwards that I cannot zoom in with my trackpad on windows. I mean, it works flawlessly in even Microsoft Edge. Just seems like something that was flat out forgotten.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Locking Tab Bar

It would be really helpful if the user had the ability to lock the tabs bar under the rulers in inDesign. It's an annoyance to have it floating and having to re-open it constantly. It would be nice to have the tabs panel located right underneath the ruler and then give the option to hide it or show it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to make frame handles larger

Ability to make frame handles larger to enable better user experience when adjusting boxes using a touch screen. They are too small at the moment for accurate grabbing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Just want to turn off the Home Bar

I want to be able to turn off the annoying home bar at the top (the unhideable application frame thing).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable more functions in right click

I wish right click would bring up more options - for example, right clicking a linked file should give me the option to 'reveal in finder' but I have to open the links pallets to get that. It would improve my workflow no end.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A facility to tell what settings are 'inherited' from another style

I think it would be beneficial to be able to quickly identify which properties in a cell style etc. inherit from a parent style.

If you look at my child.png , it is "Based On" parent.png. However, you can't see in the child what settings have been "learned" from the parent. It would be nice if the inherited characteristics appear with a light grey background or a little star or something suitable to distinguish them from the edits that are child-specific.

In my case, how this situation caused minor confusion is that I had "no idea" why the background fill…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Recent document list remembers templates

The recent documents feature (File > Open Recent > [list of recent files]) seems to be based on files saved, not files opened. If I open a template if does not get added to the recent files. I might open the same template five times a day, but it never appears in the Open Recent list. This should be corrected or an option to include recent templates added in Preferences > File Handling. See example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Just change one word in the preferences of German InDesign!

The German word "Textumfluss" is used two times in InDesign but with different meanings:

Within the preferences "Smart Text Reflow" is "Intelligenter Textumfluss".
    And then there ist the "Text Wrap" panel, which is named "Textumfluss" in German, too.

So "wrap" gets the same translation as "reflow"? Noooooo! These are two different thing and should not be named the same!

A better translation for reflow would be "Textumbruch", so please change just one word in the German preferences, from "Intelligenter Textumfluss" to "Intelligenter Textumbruch".

It's easy to do: just five letters to change! One small piece of code. Done in a…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

The fix is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
    2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
    3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
    4. Click on the program to join the same.
    5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.0.151) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
    6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.

Adobe InDesign team

16. Single page view

A simple request, single page view without other pages on the screen.

Trying to focus on the layout on one page when I can see the others drives me crazy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Menu-> Window->Workspace "Center All" to Place Entire Document and Windows Centered Between Resolutions from Laptop to Large Monitor

I am currently stuck, I can't see my document because I took my laptop from my monitor to my bed. This happens in many Adobe products. I need to either relaunch and hope or maybe go back to monitor to hopefully find the edges and rearrange it. You should place a dropdown menu from Window->Workspace->Center All as a new command that lays everything out from top left to right and then has the outer frame fit the bottom right of your new resolution. None of current options allows for this and I can't find my documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix the defaults

People rarely go into preferences and change the defaults. So for them it’s important to have good default values from the start. For people who know how to change the defaults it’s helpful if those defaults start out with the right values.

I’m talking about the font size and leading increments and kerning/tracking value increments. Why would the default increment be two points for font size and leading, not one? Does Adobe think we want to make it faster to greatly increase the point size at the expense of not being able to dial in the exact point size size…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customise Home / Welcome Screen in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.. possibly all Adobe programs.

I work across a variety of Adobe programs and have MANY custom templates I use on a daily basis.

It would be great to have the ability to customise the indesign / photoshop / illustrator welcome screen to have shortcuts to my custom templates I use on a daily basis. This could be placed next to "Recent" with "Your Custom Templates" .. something like this.

See this thread for details:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/can-you-customize-the-home-screen/m-p/10930430?page=1#M166546

I can't imagine this being too difficult to implement. Please look into this!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base