When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen mode button is gone from tool bar and there's no option to put it back where it should be

Put the screen mode button back in the tool bar. At the very least, make screen mode something that can be added back into the toolbar. Removing it was a horrible error on the part of whomever created this update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Reveal in Explorer" option in Windows version

Why isn't this feature available on the Windows version of InDesign? It's always been there on the Mac version. When right-clicking on an open document's tab, there should be an option at the bottom that allows revealing the current document in Explorer.
    This feature is even available in Photoshop for both versions as well! It should have been added for feature parity long ago and it's a useful feature to have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix (shorten!) the display of keyboard shortcuts in paragraph, character, and object style panels

In text style panels, there is a left column that shows keyboard shortcuts assigned to each style. See attached screenshot.

This column is waaaay too wide. Keyboard shortcuts are written out as "Shift+Cmd+Num 0" when they should instead be written as "⇧⌘Num0"—using the STANDARD system notation for modifier keys.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Custom/favorite zoom

Especially when working on a small laptop while traveling, I like to use a couple of zoom levels that are non-standard, and have to keep retyping the percentages in the bottom left of the screen.

For example, I frequently want to zoom to the width of a page's text frame, not including the margins, which on my current laptop is 100%. That's easy because it corresponds with one of the present zoom levels.

But I also frequently zoom to show a spread's text frames; I don't want to waste my precious laptop screen space on the margins away from the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add image name under "Place" Image thumbnail

When working with numerous photos that are often very similar can we add a few more characters to identify the photo? This would be the first few characters of the actual image being placed. I know it states the number of the photos to insert but is there a way to capture those first few characters? This would be useful when selecting numerous photos that have specific image boxes that they need to go into.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Find and Search

Perform multiple Find and replace with saved queries. I get a lot of standard documents that require the same find and replace. There isn't a record action button like the other Adobe products so it would be great to have that or run multiple queries at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Trackpad zoom windows

Seems really backwards that I cannot zoom in with my trackpad on windows. I mean, it works flawlessly in even Microsoft Edge. Just seems like something that was flat out forgotten.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Split screen on mac os

please allow split screen view on the MAC OS. I am constantly working across programs like indesign and word and this would be very helpful

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A facility to tell what settings are 'inherited' from another style

I think it would be beneficial to be able to quickly identify which properties in a cell style etc. inherit from a parent style.

If you look at my child.png , it is "Based On" parent.png. However, you can't see in the child what settings have been "learned" from the parent. It would be nice if the inherited characteristics appear with a light grey background or a little star or something suitable to distinguish them from the edits that are child-specific.

In my case, how this situation caused minor confusion is that I had "no idea" why the background fill…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to customize files' shortcuts on the InDesign's launch screen

Delete, remove, reorganize more precisely the files on the recent files board.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Frame Fitting Panel

Fairly self explanatory. Frame fitting options are one of the only frequently used features that don't have their own panel, which can cause UX issues for various reasons. Solution, give them a panel.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Frame Fitting Panel

Fairly self explanatory. Frame fitting options are one of the only frequently used features that don't have their own panel, which can cause UX issues for various reasons. Solution, give them a panel.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Restore access to "Screen Mode" and "View Options" menus somewhere on the workspace

In Indesign 2020 the "Screen Mode" and "View Options" menus have been removed from the Application Bar. I frequently toggle back and forth between "normal" mode and "preview" mode and I don't want the extra step of having to go to the "View" menu to do this. I also like to be able to quickly turn frames on and off (View Options). Is there a way to have these menus added back onto the workspace somewhere? Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show the year-based version name in the about window

I'd like to see the YEAR based version name of each product, in the About window. Today I need to visit Wikipedia to check what the version numbers mean.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. switching documents

Make so using Ctrl + Tab switches between open documents in the correct order. Currently, they switch based on the order that you opened them. If you mix them up and try to switch between them, you'll end up hopping all over the place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the Learn Panel so that it can be enabled, even for experienced users (not just those who claim to be beginners).

Make the Learn Panel so that it can be enabled, even for experienced users (not just those who claim to be beginners). Currently, there is no way to view the Learn Panel if a user claimed "experienced" status at setup, even if this was done by accident. Users should be able to view the Learn Panel, regardless of level of experience. Evidently most of the students at our K-12 school, thought they were experienced, and now cannot access the Learn Panel for necessary tutorials. Please make the Learn Panel available for everyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow closing of "Adobe InDesign 2020" palette

Please allow closing of the "Adobe InDesign 2020" palette completely. I was able to extract it off the top of the top toolbar, but there's literally no way to close it and nothing in it that I would ever use on a regular basis. And I already know I'm in InDesign 2020—I don't need to lose 20 or 30 pixels all the way across the top of my screen telling me that, and I certainly don't need it lying fallow covering up part of my screen once I move it out of the top palette area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Variable fonts problem

Please allow Undos (or other mechanism) as part of the new variable fonts UI. It's very frustrating when dragging around sliders to not be able to return to a setting after experimenting with various font iterations. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shortcut for active text frame out port click

Looking for a shortcut that would act the same as clicking on the out port of the active text frame. Rather than having to click on the tiny icon in the bottom right corner, a keystroke would speed this process up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a PDF Export page to the Preferences dialog

A small offering of PDF Export preferences to include basic defaults and the option to include/exclude certain settings (i.e., page range, view) in a preset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base