When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What about split screen for different app (ex.: word & indesign)

What about split screen support for different app (ex.: word & indesign)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please, please, please support Emacs-style key bindings...

...at least for macOS. Virtually all macOS apps, especially those developed by Apple, support Emacs-style key binding that are incredibly useful for text navigation and text selection purposes. As an almost daily use of InDesign—and a 26-year employee of Adobe—I would very much like to see this supported. Most of the commands involve the use of the "control" key, which appears to be unused for InDesign keyboard shortcuts, so this is likely to be a no-brainer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. One desktop for all pages instead of desktops for each seperate page/spread

When copying asset(s) to the desktop you always have to search on wich pages you copied that asset(s). When all pages are on the same desktop, the copied assets are more easy to find, because they are always on one desktop.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the layers right hand side squares bigger!

Hi, might just be me, but the little squares to denote in which layer an object is in is too small, or not very co-operative.
    If I need to move something from one layer to another, I find it really difficult to hit the target right to move the item, the square is too small.

I am not blind, its just the one element of the UI that I constantly don't get a positive result from first time, normally takes 3 attempts!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hide Application Bar?

Personally, I've never used it but now the option to hide it is gone. Please make it come back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A facility to tell what settings are 'inherited' from another style

I think it would be beneficial to be able to quickly identify which properties in a cell style etc. inherit from a parent style.

If you look at my child.png , it is "Based On" parent.png. However, you can't see in the child what settings have been "learned" from the parent. It would be nice if the inherited characteristics appear with a light grey background or a little star or something suitable to distinguish them from the edits that are child-specific.

In my case, how this situation caused minor confusion is that I had "no idea" why the background fill…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove the page "drop shadow"

Remove the page "drop shadow". It's confusing to see the thicker black border on the right and bottom of the page. Is it a locked element? No, it's part of the UI! Why? What is it trying to be?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Background Tasks Pane animation

Create an animation setting for the Background Task Pane so that the pane gives feedback while in a closed, docked position.

Why this is important is simple. Even with the larger and larger monitors with more and more real estate, simple things like the Background Tasks Pane having to be fully open to be examined is counterintuitive and by extension counterproductive. I would like to be able, with a simple glance at a docked pane to tell exactly what state the background task is in and if further detail is desired or needed, then it can be expanded with the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want "Turn Off Tooltips" back

I hate it that every time I update InDesign, I have to see all these hover boxes that want to walk me through what's new in this version. This always happens when I'm in a hurry and I just want to do something without having to wait for the Clippy-like helper box to dismiss itself. If I want to know what's new in the current version, I know I can find that information. These 'helper' tips are annoying beyond belief.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Downloading Workspaces

I have a personal account with custom workspaces. I would like to be able to I go to work for someone else in their office, using their account, and easily download my workspaces from the Cloud. This feature request is for all Adobe apps, not just InDesign.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a "Pin to Recent" setting for InDesign documents

I have files that I occasionally use that I'd love to access without drilling down on a remote server to find them every time. Being able to pin (or unpin) a document file to the Open Recent list would be a great convenience. This would prevent it from being pushed off the end of the list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When relinking files, prefer to show entire filename instead of path

When relinking files a dialogue oops up where the relinked file is selected. At the top of the dialogue the path to the file is shown. If there isn't enough space for the entire path, including filename, it is condensed by removing some text in the middle. If there is enough room to show the entire filename that should be shown. The path to the file is not as important as the name of the file, especially when relinking multiple files which are often in the same folder and I am already looking in that folder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. User Interface flexibility

I would like to see the ability to choose the older interface layout with the menus placed on the top vs the side. With each new design, it is a learning experience in finding the tools necessary to do the tasks needed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow UI Scaling for 4K Resolutions on Windows PCs

I have a 4K 15.6" screen Windows laptop (3840 x 2160) and the menus in InDesign are always ridiculously small. The Windows recommended setting is 250%, but InDesign only supports up to 200%, which is too small for 4K screens, making menus, panels, and tools too small. Please change this support to AT LEAST up to the Windows standard of 250%, if not more.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Panel resizing when bottom of panel isn't visible

When working on a laptop and switching from external monitor to built-in display, I have less vertical pixel space. As a result, floating panels that were full-length on the external monitor are now too long for the laptop display. Unfortunately, there is no way to resize a floating panel when the bottom of a panel isn't visible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Removal/editing of the dumb "When in doubt, make a layout" line.

God, that's such a stupid thing to see every time I open InDesign. How about a checkbox for "Hide greeting message"?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Feature request] Please add "Page Flip" to presentation mode

Please add a "Page Flip" feature to the presentation mode in Adobe indesign. Something like this: https://pageflip-books.com/#meetpageflip/page/4-5 ...

Adding the ability to turn/flip pages in a multipage document, it will enhance the user experience. When clients are seated next to the designer, it will also improve customer satisfaction.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Align to page when only one object is selected

It would be helpful if the align command defaulted to align to page when only one object is selected. There is no risk of confusion as an object cannot be aligned with itself :)

This would remove a lot of unnecessary switching back and forth in the align options, as the default use case at least for me is align to selection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add »Units and Increments« to the Properties Panel

Often used and changed preferences in InDesign are the one found in »Units and Increments«. It would be a great workflow enhancement to have this as a part of the new Properties Panel if nothing is selected.

This would save users the time to go into the Preferences if they want to change them. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Custom Commands with Custom Shortcuts to Keyboard Shortcuts Menu

There are certain actions that I'd like to create shortcuts for, but the commands for them aren't listed in the Keyboard Shortcut Menus. For example, setting a keyboard shortcut for the various aligning objects. Aligning text is an option, though. Not what I need.

Everyone's workflow is different. There are commands that I'll just never use. So, freeing up individuals with the ability to create custom commands, which can be suited to their unique workflow would immensely help individual/company productivity. Custom workspaces exist, custom keyboard shortcut sets exist, let's have custom commands too!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base