2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Compare Indesign Documents

@Adobe:
    I often have to deal with INDD documents which seem to be identicaln but ofte there is a small veraiation. It would be super cool if there´s a function directly in InDesign like in Acrobat to compare 2-3 documents side by side.

cheers Aleks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please please please make Rich Tool Tips optional!

Please please please make Rich tool tips optional.

If you of any reason at all as an advanced professional user of Indesign has to reinstall Indesign these Rich Tool Tips makes you suicidal. Not to criticize anybody specifically but they are the most stupid thing and first and foremost totally useless.
    It actually makes you hate the software and the developers.

And i would rather like to love you instead.

It is an mental health issue basically. Because they linger on for far too long and occupies too much time and space when you actually tries to get the work…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Manage Recent Files List - It's useless if you run a Book operation!

The Recent Files list gets FILLED UP with chapter files if I run a Book operation. All my other projects get pushed off the list, even though all I did was re-paginate a book. This makes the Recents list useless! Please fix this!

The Recent Files list MUST BE MANAGEABLE if it is to be useful. Files get "touched" for very trivial reasons, sometimes just to look at something in the file. This results in an almost random listing of Recents. Please understand how a Recents list can be useful -- don't just blindly list files by "changed date".

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. preferences+search

There are so many preferences in the preferences-dialogbox I which I could search like in the macOS or Windows preferences.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Clear/erase "recent file" list.

Untill the new open/splah dialog, the recent file list wasn't a problem.
    It was hidden into the File menù, and was almost impossible to see it.

Now with the new open / splash screen everyone is able to watch the document you opened previously.
    In some occasion this is not that nice, especially if you work for someone and some of them competitors...

It could be useful to introduce an "erase recent document" at the end of the list in the File->Recent file menu.
    As many other softwares has.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Indicator to show that there are locked objects on the page.

There should be a small red lock-symbol somewhere to show, that there are locked objects on the page. It sometime happens, that I want to select and copy all objectrs to a new page or document and locked objects are missing there.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show Ink Manager settings in the Swatches panel

Show Ink Manager settings in the Swatches panel

Whenever we use Ink Manager to convert spot colors to process colors (1) or define one spot color as alias for another (2), this should be visualized in the Swatches panel so whoever edits the INDD can immediately spot (ha!) that changes have been made and fix them if needed (instead of shedding tears over inexplicable output results).

(1) Replace the spot icon by a “ink-managed” process icon that can be distinguished from the “native” process icon.

(2) Replace the spot icon by the alias icon from the Ink Manager dialog.
    Make…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Annoying dialogs, option to “don’t show again”...

Is there some universal way to turn off unnecessary dialogs?

For example when I click to publish a document for online, I get an annoying dialog that says "Are you sure you want to update..." (see attached).

Why is this dialog necessary? I can just re-publish if there was some mistake. It just slows things down. Some dialogs like this do have a "don't show me this again" option, but not here... why?

In general, I find the plethora of "Do you really want to..." dialogs disruptive and unnecessary. Except for something critical, or something you can't undo, why do…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. pop-up change page of a linked pdf/indd file

please add simple pop-up option (like object layers) to change the showing page of a link (which is either pdf or indesign file). when my link is for example a pdf containing multiple pages, it's unnecessarily complicated to change the showing page to some another.
    so please – right click > pop-up window > change page of link

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix the repetetive crashing that's been going on for 3 days

1. See above

2. Am losing a lot of time and some of my work.

Please would you look into this. One app crashing every 15 mins. Am on Win 7 Pro, Indesign CC. Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple find an replace

How if you make 10 or 15 replacements at once? With replacing options each, or global replacing options, as a suggestion, the dialog is two columns, the left column contains the find text boxes, and the right column contains the replace text boxes. This will be GREAT and SAVES much time. Thanks Adobe Brains!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Workspace – Why can't Workspace preferences be applied to all devices?

I currently use three (sometimes 4) Apple Macs in various locations around the country as I move from office to office. I understand the constraints re logging computers in and out of my account (no problem there), but why can't my Workspace preferences be shared amongst the computers? After all Adobe know who I am, they know what computer I'm using, they've loaded my CC libraries, surely applying my Workspace preferences to all of my devices by default, can't be that difficult?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix bug that makes windows invisible/inaccessible on opening InDesign

Every time I first open InDesign, all the windows are invisible/inaccessible, or the window icons are visible but they don't open. The only solution I've found is to quit and reopen the program, sometimes multiple times. Using InDesign on Mac with High Sierra. Application Frame is off.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow file paths to be copied from the Missing Images pop-up window

1. When creating a Merged Document using Data Merge, InDesign displays a pop-up window if it detects any images missing from the Data Source. The Missing Images pop-up window lists the file paths of the missing images. In older versions of InDesign, the file paths could be copied directly from the pop-up window. This is no longer possible with the latest version of InDesign.

2. Being able to copy lists of missing image paths directly from the Missing Images pop-up window is valuable to me because I frequently use Data Merge to make merged documents containing tens of thousands of images. My…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New Larger, Horizontal Background Tasks Meter

Please enlarge the Background Tasks Meter and make it horizontal in the Application Bar. It's hard to tell if anything's happening during PDF export, it's so small.

It would be nice if it was an elongated meter or had the same basic info that the Background Task Palette shows when you click on it.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Do not recalculate values entered into fields in other units

When I enter a leading in mm, InDesign will always recalculate to pt. Please give us the possibility, that InDesign does not recalculate values entered in other units.

Or at least give us the possibility to change the field value into different units. Now I have to blindly try out or use my calculator if I see a leading of »12,756 Pt« – is it 4,5mm or 4,45mm or what?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to open file path after PDF export

Could the PDF export dialog box have an option alonside 'View PDF after exporting' for something like, 'View file in finder after export', so that I can really quickly send the file in an email.

Or even 'Send file after export' so that I can super quickly flick the file off to our account managers?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Trackpad zoom windows

Seems really backwards that I cannot zoom in with my trackpad on windows. I mean, it works flawlessly in even Microsoft Edge. Just seems like something that was flat out forgotten.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A facility to tell what settings are 'inherited' from another style

I think it would be beneficial to be able to quickly identify which properties in a cell style etc. inherit from a parent style.

If you look at my child.png , it is "Based On" parent.png. However, you can't see in the child what settings have been "learned" from the parent. It would be nice if the inherited characteristics appear with a light grey background or a little star or something suitable to distinguish them from the edits that are child-specific.

In my case, how this situation caused minor confusion is that I had "no idea" why the background fill…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Background Tasks Pane animation

Create an animation setting for the Background Task Pane so that the pane gives feedback while in a closed, docked position.

Why this is important is simple. Even with the larger and larger monitors with more and more real estate, simple things like the Background Tasks Pane having to be fully open to be examined is counterintuitive and by extension counterproductive. I would like to be able, with a simple glance at a docked pane to tell exactly what state the background task is in and if further detail is desired or needed, then it can be expanded with the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base