2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revamp the OpenType UI

1. Revamp or build an OpenType Panel.

2. Teaching to use lower case #s (Old Style Figures), contributing to typographic awareness, etc. re https://ilovetypography.com/2014/10/22/better-ui-for-better-typography-adobe-petition/

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scroll Bar Access

Panels should not overlap the page vertical scroll bar. Instead they should snap on right side of the pasteboard [Offset the width of the scrollbar] allowing access to the scrollbar. saving you have to close panels

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Implement smooth(er) scrolling on Windows

This may well go hand-in-hand with the GPU acceleration request. Currently, mouse-wheel scrolling is stepped I fairly large increments, even when using a high-end pointing device such as the Logitech MX Master 3. This makes for significant fatigue when navigating a large document.

The behavior in MacOS, even without GPU acceleration enabled is a LOT better. Please add some kind of control over the incriment size at least, or idially a truely 'smooth' experience. Illurtrator and Photoshop are much much better, but I spend my life in InDesign. Affinity Publisher on Windows has managed it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Downloading Workspaces

I have a personal account with custom workspaces. I would like to be able to I go to work for someone else in their office, using their account, and easily download my workspaces from the Cloud. This feature request is for all Adobe apps, not just InDesign.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. preferences+search

There are so many preferences in the preferences-dialogbox I which I could search like in the macOS or Windows preferences.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow designers to modify styles without closing the options panel

Currently, if a designer needs to modify multiple styles (Paragraph, Character, ...), designers needs to close and reopen the options panel for each stye.

Please allow users to edit multiple styles, without closing the options panel. Example: In the options panel, add a pulldown menu containing the style names, allowing users to switch fast between styles.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Accept" to convert PDF underline to Italics

Editors use underline to indicate Italics when they mark up PDFs. While the underline shows up when you import PDF comments, there's no way to change that text to Italics.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search for missing links

When links are broken on our shared server, I manually need to type the name of the link to begin a search for it. Some file names are very complicated. It would be nice if the link name was already written in the input field or even better a button in the links panel that searches for the link and replaces it. Most often the link has just changed place on the server but has the same name.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. pop-up change page of a linked pdf/indd file

please add simple pop-up option (like object layers) to change the showing page of a link (which is either pdf or indesign file). when my link is for example a pdf containing multiple pages, it's unnecessarily complicated to change the showing page to some another.
    so please – right click > pop-up window > change page of link

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Trash/clear out Find/Change completely

The ability to trash everything in the find/change window so you can start fresh with a brand new search. Right now you have to delete things like “change format” individually and each field stays filled in. This is nice if you are keeping something in your search for a while, but not when you want to start fresh.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Side panels should slide down instead of popping out.

I think the side panels like Page, Colour, Links etc should slide down instead of popping out. See attached gif

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Object Export Options should have a short cut

Object Export Options should have a short cut available or one that you can set. Currently there is no way to do that and when you're doing accessible documents it's very difficult to do multiple images with different alt text.

Please make accessibility tools a priority for InDesign

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ADA issue: Customize the font size used for menu/palette independent of monitor resolution

We need to be able to increase the font size used for menu/palette. Preferably independent of monitor resolution.
    This is an ADA issue for those of us with aging eyes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix bug that makes windows invisible/inaccessible on opening InDesign

Every time I first open InDesign, all the windows are invisible/inaccessible, or the window icons are visible but they don't open. The only solution I've found is to quit and reopen the program, sometimes multiple times. Using InDesign on Mac with High Sierra. Application Frame is off.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. drag csv or txt file into Data Merge Panel

Dear Adobe Developers,
    It would be awesome to be able to drag and drop a txt- or csv-file straight from the finder into the Data Merge Panel.

Kind Regards

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Complete integration of InDesign Form and Acrobat Form

Scenario: The client needs content changes after approving design/form process -- that means I scrap all of my acrobat calculations in the form fields to make the changes in InDesign.

It would be great(!) if InDesign supported either a "round-trip" editing process or has all of the features of Acrobat forms. I really don't care to edit in Acrobat, because InDesign is far superior for layout of complicated forms, with more editing tools, master pages, layers, etc.

As a side note, I think a really great feature would include a "form cell" style, for both character and paragraph. It is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Re-enable new folder keyboard shortcut when saving/exporting

In previous versions of ID when you saved or exported a file, you had the ability to create a new folder from the dialog window using the keyboard shortcut (cmd+shift+N). This stopped working sometime after the last couple of updates, but it still works when exporting/saving from Photoshop and Illustrator. It may seem like a small thing, but I spend a lot of time creating folders to export PDFs to and it's annoying to have to use the button now. Please add this back in a future update!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Trackpad zoom windows

Seems really backwards that I cannot zoom in with my trackpad on windows. I mean, it works flawlessly in even Microsoft Edge. Just seems like something that was flat out forgotten.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A facility to tell what settings are 'inherited' from another style

I think it would be beneficial to be able to quickly identify which properties in a cell style etc. inherit from a parent style.

If you look at my child.png , it is "Based On" parent.png. However, you can't see in the child what settings have been "learned" from the parent. It would be nice if the inherited characteristics appear with a light grey background or a little star or something suitable to distinguish them from the edits that are child-specific.

In my case, how this situation caused minor confusion is that I had "no idea" why the background fill…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Zoom using only Scroll Wheel / Pan with the middle mouse button

Today, the majority of softwares have a simply rule regarding using a mouse: scroll wheel to zoom in/out and middle button and pan with middle button clicked.
    Simply like that.
    So why only PS has the option to use the scroll wheel as zoom and the other softwares from the Adobe CC don't?
    And why all the softwares in the Adobe CC doesn't the option to use the scroll wheel to zoom without pressing Alt and pan without the need to use the Spacebar.
    If those features are implemented, most people that already use Adobe products will love it!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base