1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to open file path after PDF export

Could the PDF export dialog box have an option alonside 'View PDF after exporting' for something like, 'View file in finder after export', so that I can really quickly send the file in an email.

Or even 'Send file after export' so that I can super quickly flick the file off to our account managers?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trackpad zoom windows

Seems really backwards that I cannot zoom in with my trackpad on windows. I mean, it works flawlessly in even Microsoft Edge. Just seems like something that was flat out forgotten.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A facility to tell what settings are 'inherited' from another style

I think it would be beneficial to be able to quickly identify which properties in a cell style etc. inherit from a parent style.

If you look at my child.png , it is "Based On" parent.png. However, you can't see in the child what settings have been "learned" from the parent. It would be nice if the inherited characteristics appear with a light grey background or a little star or something suitable to distinguish them from the edits that are child-specific.

In my case, how this situation caused minor confusion is that I had "no idea" why the background fill…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Background Tasks Pane animation

Create an animation setting for the Background Task Pane so that the pane gives feedback while in a closed, docked position.

Why this is important is simple. Even with the larger and larger monitors with more and more real estate, simple things like the Background Tasks Pane having to be fully open to be examined is counterintuitive and by extension counterproductive. I would like to be able, with a simple glance at a docked pane to tell exactly what state the background task is in and if further detail is desired or needed, then it can be expanded with the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Downloading Workspaces

I have a personal account with custom workspaces. I would like to be able to I go to work for someone else in their office, using their account, and easily download my workspaces from the Cloud. This feature request is for all Adobe apps, not just InDesign.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please don't kill the Control panel.

The Control panel is more useful, less obtrusive, and more space-conscious than the Properties panel on small displays like laptops.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Properties Panel - missing "vertical justification"-buttons "top", "center", "bottom", "justify"

Indesign CC 2019 (oct)

The old control panel had buttons for the textframe options "vertical justification": "top", "center", "bottom", "justify". I need them accessible in the new properties panel ... one-click. I am too lazy for option-doubleclick or CTRL-b.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Feature request] Please add "Page Flip" to presentation mode

Please add a "Page Flip" feature to the presentation mode in Adobe indesign. Something like this: https://pageflip-books.com/#meetpageflip/page/4-5 ...

Adding the ability to turn/flip pages in a multipage document, it will enhance the user experience. When clients are seated next to the designer, it will also improve customer satisfaction.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display progress bar for long operations

When working with a big document, there are many operations that take a very long time. For example, generating a TOC, deleting pages that cause text to reflow, etc. Tasks that happen almost instantly with reasonably sized documents can take many minutes when we get into 500+ pgs.

Currently we only see a spinning beachball (mac) when we get stuck in a long task. There's no way to determine whether it's just going to take a long time, or if indesign is completely locked up. The system sees it as "application not responding," but a lot of times patience pays…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Save INDD file in previous version INDD (e.g. CC 2019 can save in CC 2018)

It would be great if InDesign can save INDD file in previous version INDD (e.g. CC 2019 can save in CC 2018). Yes, I know about IDML but it's not exactly what I need.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show version number in Windows

The version number is always visible in the top of the application window on MacOS since CC 2018. However it is not present in the Windows version of InDesign or InCopy.

This is a great tool when you are troubleshooting and I would love to see it in the Windows versions as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Links in Properties Panel

The new Properties Panel is great, but the very first thing I noticed when selecting a linked file, It only states that it's a "Linked File"... But you cannot click or edit your linked file, like in Illustrator?? Isn't this the whole purpose behind the PropPanel - to make quick edits all in one panel? Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FIX CONTROL PANEL: InDesign 2019 does not display from the menu or is just blank as noted below

In Design for mac version 2019: The control panel is terrible: clicking the menu displays nothing. Only changing the Workspace which use to be a workaround to display it, now displays a blank and therefore useless panel.

This is just unacceptable. The menu problem has been a problem for a long time but now there is no workaround. This must be fixed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Text Styles in Properties Panel - Show Overrides, Clear Overrides

The properties panel in the October 2018 version of InDesign is a great feature, however the implementation of Styles in the Text Insertion mode provides no feedback on whether or not overrides exist in the selected text, nor does it provide a means to clear any overrides. This provides a significant stumbling block for new users, who may end up redefining styles and applying more overrides to their text trying to fix display issues, not realising that the problem is overrides.

Building out the functionality to better reflect the existing Styles panels - at least in regards to locating and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Colour picker can't interperet hex values preceded by a hash

If a hexadecimal value is pasted into the hex field in the colour picker with a hash (#) on the front of the value, the picker should be able to ingest it. Currently the hash must be manually removed before the picker will update.

Very minor but very annoying when copying values from other software that includes the hash.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Kerning Manager Palette

Many fonts have badly kerning values, to correct these faults, we should have the precise control through the font in a document or to be permanent for the font used in ID, until the user rechange the kerning pairs values again. In some cases, the font kerning values are good, but the user likes to modify these values in a document, such as many swashes fonts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Workspace – I have to re-create my workspace every time IND updates. Why?

Why can't IND remember the Workspace settings? Why do I have to go into preferences and move the windows around to the way they were before the update. This must be fairly straight-forward to implement, surely.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Object Export Options should have a short cut

Object Export Options should have a short cut available or one that you can set. Currently there is no way to do that and when you're doing accessible documents it's very difficult to do multiple images with different alt text.

Please make accessibility tools a priority for InDesign

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ADA issue: Customize the font size used for menu/palette independent of monitor resolution

We need to be able to increase the font size used for menu/palette. Preferably independent of monitor resolution.
    This is an ADA issue for those of us with aging eyes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base