1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please change wording for German translation of forced line break

The term »forced line brake« has been wrongly translated to German quite a while ago. There exist two terms in German for the »forced line break« that lead to confusion among users because they are used interchangeably.

One is (translated) »hard line brake« the other one »soft line brake«. But what in a line break is soft or hard? This makes no sense at all.

It would be great to just use the literal translation of the English term which is »Erzwungener Zeilenumbruch« (SHIFT + Return).

Please find attached instances of the use in the German UI. Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better UI scaling option

The only way to adjust the UI size in Indesign is to change the scaling for your whole system, and even then it only supports up to 200% scaling and there is no way to make it bigger beyond that.

I got a new laptop with a HD 4k screen and its already scaled to 250% (I'm using Windows 10) but the user interface is still too small and it really slows down my workflow. Even if increasing my OS scaling to 300%+ fixed it (which it doesn't), it would still be infuriating to have everything on my computer scaled…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open Current File Location

It would be amazing if you add Open Current File Location under the "File" dropdown.

It is a really minor thing, but it would significantly impact productivity.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. UI – Some Buttons are missing InDesign CC 2020 (OS X)

Hello,

I’ve updated InDesign to the newest version 15.0 (InDesign CC 2020) on OS X.
    And some buttons in the top window border are missing like the percent and the GPU rocket.

Is it possible to put these back?! Or do I have to change it anywhere in the menu? Can’t find it.

Best
    Sascha

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The InDesign team appreciates your valuable feedback and concerns. These go a long way in helping us make InDesign better for you and update it continuously to cater to evolving user needs. The app bar design was changed as part of these improvement efforts, and will also help us in introducing some modern and exciting functionalities which we have been working on.

While doing this, we have taken care not to remove any existing functionalities which were available in the previous App Bar design. These have only been relocated – either grouped along with similar functionalities (based on results from our user research) or shifted to improve usability (to provide a consistent experience) while working across Creative Cloud apps, especially Photoshop (Ps) & Illustrator (Ai), which are frequently used by InDesign users. We do understand that it takes time & effort in adopting these but we sincerely hope that the…

5. Icon Localization for Asian Users

I am a Korean user.
    The menu and description is well displayed in Korean.
    But why does the Japanese Hiragana 'あ' appear on the letter ratio icon and the lettering icon?
    Does Chinese users see that icon too?

It seems that CJK version is using icons together while localizing.
    If Adobe respects each country's culture, I would like to change that icon to suit each country.
    (ex: '가' for Korean users)
    If that's difficult, I'd like to mark it with the alphabet 'A'.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/icon-localization-for-asian-users/m-p/11654932?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tab key to navigate through text fields only

In dialog boxes, pressing the tab key should only navigate between text fields. It used to do this. Now it navigates through every field, button and popup menu. There is a system keyboard setting that regulates this. InDesign now ignores this setting.

For example, in the New Document box, press the tab key repeatedly and it goes:

Facing Pages > Start Page # > Primary Text Frame > Page Size > Width ...and so on.

It should only go:

Start Page # > Width ...all those other buttons etc should be skipped.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Revert to original, efficient New Document dialogue box.

An option to revert to the old, more compact and efficient "New Document" window.

There are 8,342 awesome ideas of additions and updates for InDesign on this site, yet someone took the time to make this new interface... If you have used InDesign for more than 1 day you don't need this. It is huge, and inefficient. There used to be an option to revert to this style but it is gone now.

Efficiency is KING in InDesign. If we wanted a clunky, chunky UI we could use a Microsoft product ;-)

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't automatically change view/zoom when editing layer visibility of linked graphics

Editing the layer visibility of a linked graphic in InDesign causes the zoom level to be automatically adjusted to fit-to-page. This makes it difficult to see the preview image for small graphics that may be hard to see at the full page zoom level.

If any automatic zoom adjustment is to be made at all (which it should not) it should be to fit the graphic to the window so you can see what you are doing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. InDesign for iPad/Mac cross-compatibility

The iPad Pro has the M1 chip now. Why not have InDesign for iPad? Now that iPads have the same hardware as Macs there's no reason not to have one app that works on both.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adjust scroll amount on zoom

Currently when scrolling with the mouse-wheel/trackpad etc, InDesign seems to apply the same amount of scrolling regardless of the level of zoom in the document. This means that a very small scroll gesture, when zoomed in close on a page, causes the document move too far, making scrolling and panning very difficult at high zoom levels.

It would be great if the scroll amount would scale with the level of zoom, so that a small scroll gesture used at a high level of magnification would only result in a small scroll/pan amount.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hide Selection handles en text marquee

When designing, the inverted selected text is disturbing. Please add a shortcut to switch it off temporarily (like in Ae and Ai).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Workspace Sync across devices

Have your Workspace for all Adobe applications saved in your CC account. Like many others, I work off and sign into more than 1 computer (3 in my case). It would be great if I'm signed-in and can see my saved workspace already allocated in the application. Instead of re-tweaking my Workspace manually on every device.

Computers crash, major updates happen, and every-time we lose our settings, just a nice addition to add for the users.

Thanks so much, keep up the good work.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drop unit when clicking property fields

For example, if I click on Font Size when it says 10 pt, it should automatically drop the 'pt' before I start typing. Retyping the value is always faster than trying to move the insertion point and highlighting only the numbers to avoid getting an "invalid value" message because you accidentally typed over the 'p' in 'pt'. Else you have to always double-click the field, but sometimes that fails to highlight everything for one reason or another. There's no real use case for leaving the unit in the box when entering a value I've ever encountered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mention the layer at the bottom of the window or in the Control Panel

You have to open the Layer Panel to check what layer you're working on. It would be a time saver if the active layer is mentioned somewhere else in the UI.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Complete integration of InDesign Form and Acrobat Form

Scenario: The client needs content changes after approving design/form process -- that means I scrap all of my acrobat calculations in the form fields to make the changes in InDesign.

It would be great(!) if InDesign supported either a "round-trip" editing process or has all of the features of Acrobat forms. I really don't care to edit in Acrobat, because InDesign is far superior for layout of complicated forms, with more editing tools, master pages, layers, etc.

As a side note, I think a really great feature would include a "form cell" style, for both character and paragraph. It is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mouse Spin Wheel - Pan

Please enable the click and hold of the mouse spin wheel to pan around the layout, like in Illustrator.

Please Please Please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide UI scaling slider in Indesign like you do in Illustrator

UI scaling like in illustrator: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/indesign-and-illustrator-ui-too-small/m-p/9722830

thanks! it will be much easier for my eyes since right now, the buttons are quite small for me!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. context menu for bookmarks

there is missing a context menu (right mouse click) in the bookmarks panel ("Lesezeichen"), e.g. with the menu entry "rename"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base