1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. separate document preferneces from application preferences

Document related preferences should be accessible from "document setup" window, not from preferences panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add HiDPI scaling for InDesign Mac OS

Please add scaling for UI and Tools for Mac version. I'm using an external 4K display so OS X system display scaling doesn't work as it does for Retina displays.. UI scaling in Illustrator works perfectly for me on my Mac, having this in InDesign would really be appreciated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make Indesign UI bigger

People have been complaining for years about Indesign's hard to see UI and the inability to make adequate changes. Why is it 2020, and this issue is still unresolved? I shouldn't have to change my Windows UI to make it better, which by the way it doesn't. Attached pic of my display at the recommend UI setting of 250% on a 15 inch screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add the ability to remove or change the position of the 'home' button in the top left

It would be helpful to be able to move this button as it's so close to 'file' - accidental clicks of it can be irritating. I realize you can use Alt > F to open File, but often a click is easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please reinstate this feature: Cmd-H to hide program with no open documents

In InDesign, you can’t hide the program with Cmd-H when no documents are open any more.
    It’s a feature I use a lot, and has suddenly stopped working. As far as I know it has been there since the beginning.
    Why on earth someone thought it was a good idea to remove this is beyond me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Recent document list remembers templates

The recent documents feature (File > Open Recent > [list of recent files]) seems to be based on files saved, not files opened. If I open a template if does not get added to the recent files. I might open the same template five times a day, but it never appears in the Open Recent list. This should be corrected or an option to include recent templates added in Preferences > File Handling. See example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Just want to turn off the Home Bar

I want to be able to turn off the annoying home bar at the top (the unhideable application frame thing).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable more functions in right click

I wish right click would bring up more options - for example, right clicking a linked file should give me the option to 'reveal in finder' but I have to open the links pallets to get that. It would improve my workflow no end.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Locking Tab Bar

It would be really helpful if the user had the ability to lock the tabs bar under the rulers in inDesign. It's an annoyance to have it floating and having to re-open it constantly. It would be nice to have the tabs panel located right underneath the ruler and then give the option to hide it or show it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change link page in link info tab

Allow me to change the page in the link info panel instead of having to relink each page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Native fullscreen-mode on macOS

I think InDesign (and every other CC application) should support Apples native fullscreen-mode in macOS. I can understand when some people prefer the oldschool way of just maximizing de window, but the native fullscreen-mode would be so much more convenient when working with multiple desktop spaces and would be much more consistent within macOS.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want "Turn Off Tooltips" back

I hate it that every time I update InDesign, I have to see all these hover boxes that want to walk me through what's new in this version. This always happens when I'm in a hurry and I just want to do something without having to wait for the Clippy-like helper box to dismiss itself. If I want to know what's new in the current version, I know I can find that information. These 'helper' tips are annoying beyond belief.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When relinking files, prefer to show entire filename instead of path

When relinking files a dialogue oops up where the relinked file is selected. At the top of the dialogue the path to the file is shown. If there isn't enough space for the entire path, including filename, it is condensed by removing some text in the middle. If there is enough room to show the entire filename that should be shown. The path to the file is not as important as the name of the file, especially when relinking multiple files which are often in the same folder and I am already looking in that folder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. User defined Indesign Preview Page

When starting Indesign, you get shown a lightbox of recent files with a preview image. It would be great to be able to user define one page in your document to be the preview image, as sometimes, the first page is not the best to be used to make the difference.

In my screen capture image, selecting page 3 as the preview image would be more distinguishable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. User Interface flexibility

I would like to see the ability to choose the older interface layout with the menus placed on the top vs the side. With each new design, it is a learning experience in finding the tools necessary to do the tasks needed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More visible frame edges

Frame edges are too thin. Too hard to see. Please consider teachers teaching your product in class on a projector.

Even if there was a setting in Preferences for heavier frame edges.

Something... please.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Panel resizing when bottom of panel isn't visible

When working on a laptop and switching from external monitor to built-in display, I have less vertical pixel space. As a result, floating panels that were full-length on the external monitor are now too long for the laptop display. Unfortunately, there is no way to resize a floating panel when the bottom of a panel isn't visible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Removal/editing of the dumb "When in doubt, make a layout" line.

God, that's such a stupid thing to see every time I open InDesign. How about a checkbox for "Hide greeting message"?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Animated InDesign icon in Apple Doc

When I print documents on a laser printer using the menu item "Print", the InDesign program icon in the Apple Doc is animated. You can see exactly what the progress is with an animated bar. It would be great if this animated progress bar could also be seen when exporting to PDF. Also as the sum of all background processes. THANK YOU!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Align to page when only one object is selected

It would be helpful if the align command defaulted to align to page when only one object is selected. There is no risk of confusion as an object cannot be aligned with itself :)

This would remove a lot of unnecessary switching back and forth in the align options, as the default use case at least for me is align to selection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base