1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add an Ink Manager indicator in Swatches panel

Add an indicator to Swatches panel, showing which swatches are affected by Ink Manager. Would help prepress and collaborators know the true story of document swatches.
    NOTE: this has been proposed by other users, but I was asked to post this after I tweeted about it. So forgive redundancy. Or take it as a sign that it's a good idea. ;-)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Find/Change: Leave the "Search" area the same

When I'm doing a find/change in a "Auswahl" (in english maybe "selection"? – screenshot A), the "Search" area is always changing thereafter automatically to "Textabschnitt" (text section? - screenshot B).
    It would be great if there would be no change.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Just change one word in the preferences of German InDesign!

The German word "Textumfluss" is used two times in InDesign but with different meanings:

Within the preferences "Smart Text Reflow" is "Intelligenter Textumfluss".
    And then there ist the "Text Wrap" panel, which is named "Textumfluss" in German, too.

So "wrap" gets the same translation as "reflow"? Noooooo! These are two different thing and should not be named the same!

A better translation for reflow would be "Textumbruch", so please change just one word in the German preferences, from "Intelligenter Textumfluss" to "Intelligenter Textumbruch".

It's easy to do: just five letters to change! One small piece of code. Done in a…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

The fix is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
    2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
    3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
    4. Click on the program to join the same.
    5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.0.151) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
    6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.

Adobe InDesign team

4. Ability to manipulate illustrator sublayers in Object Layer Options dialogue

It would be great to be able to manipulate (turn on and off) illustrator sublayers in the Object Layer Options dialogue.

I use the adobe suite for urban design mapping and analysis where we work with many layers to describe the complex nature of the city/area we are working in. We are often working with 40+ layers, many of which could be 'grouped' or collected into a single layer, however when placing the same .ai file multiple times in a report, we need to retain the ability to turn layers on or off to suit different data sets. This create…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Searchable keyboard shortcuts (as per Illustrator)

Could we get a searchable keyboard shortcuts interface like Illustrator's? It's really handy for rapidly changing keyboard shortcut settings.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Equation Editor

Please add Equation Editor, because it is very essential in publishing, utilising the mirroring feature in opentype, in order to serve RTL scripts. However Adobe had provided the world with pioneer programs and very excellent design tools, but unfortunately they still too late in this field.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The option to LOCK panels and their objects into place so they cannot be undocked by accident.

Not everyone one of us is young, and some of us have conditions where we're not able to fully control our movements such as advanced arthritis or MS. I often accidently undock an item in the panel, and I mean OFTEN. It is frustrating, and interrupts my workflow.

For accessibility to disabled designers, there really SHOULD be a way to make those docks NOT so easily moved, undocked, etc. Floating panels was fine when I had finger control but now that I'm in early stages of MS--its frustrating that I accidently undock an item from a panel or move the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Content aware fitting should not apply to placed images in a document

'Content aware fitting' conflicts with checkbox 'autofill'-preference in application-bar.
    I assumed content aware fitting would only apply on newly placed images.
    When I want to relink an earlier placed image with content aware fitting 'ON' the relinked image is auto fitted in a way I don't want.
    The mention check-box would be ideal to let InDesign know I don't want to fit contant aware after the initial placing of content.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Inline search filter for all styles panels and swatches

Alle styles and swatches panels should have an inline search filter to narrow down large lists of styles (similar to the quick apply window and the layer panel in Photoshop).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Smaller increments when zooming using Keyboard Shortcuts or Mouse Wheel

If someone is using a Mac laptop, the zooms that can be achieved using the trackpad can be very precise, however the zooms with Mouse Wheel or Keyboard Shortcuts can be a bit too "jumpy" and frustrating.
    For example it jumps from 50% to 75% to 100%. What I often need given my screen size is 60%.
    Maybe if the zooms were smoother all the time it would allow more users to find the right zoom for their comfort, especially if working with several screens

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A menu option for "Recent Templates"

Opened documents only appear in the Recent File list if they are opened "as usual" or "as original". However, templates (and files opened "as copy") do not make it into this list. This means that when working with templates, you have to keep browsing to the right folder – per file first to retrieve the template, then to the folder where you want to save the copy.

I don't think it's correct to add "copy" files to the Recent Documents list as it may lead to additional confusion. A new menu option "Recent Templates" would solve it all – especially…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it easier to reset preferences and/or clear cache

There are so many folks reporting InDesign issues on the forum recently that are solved by trashing preferences and/or clearing the cache files. This is so easy to address in Photoshop—Prefs > General > Reset Preferences on Quit—and so many steps in InDesign. We have to determine the operating system, address how to show hidden files, etc. Can this please be added to Preferences?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want a generic command to repeat the least command I executed. Like control-Y does in the much-hated MS Word....Saves time.

I want a generic command to repeat the least command I executed. Like control-Y does in the much-hated MS Word....Saves time.

I often wind up doing the same thing many times, like applying a char style or whatever. I want a keyboard shortcut to repeat whatever I did last.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Workspaces that save in relation to log in details

You sign in to any Creative Suite programme using your Adobe log in credentials and it should populate that programmes UI with the layout you save it as.

So no matter what version you work on, on any computer, Illustrator, Photoshop etc auto snaps into the layout you always use.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Indesign needs a 125% and 175% UI scaling support.

That's true for all Adobe products. They should all support UI scaling in at least 25% increments since so many monitor rezolution on som many monitor physical sizes exists. The curent possible options makes setting a functional workspace eighter very crowded or so small it's unreadable. It needs to be fixed!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Syncing Workspaces and Preferences

This use to be here but doesnt seem to be around anymore. When I would access Indesign on another computer using the same account info, my workspace and preferences would always carry over. In the last year or so, this doesnt happen anymore and I cant figure out why. I cant find an answer online about it either so my guess is that it was removed. Can you bring this back? Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Rubber band for pen tool

I would love to have the rubber band on the pen tool like Illustrator.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Properties Panel

I have been enjoying the consolidated Properties Panel that recently debuted in Illustrator 2018. Makes workflow much faster. Would be great to see this for InDesign as well!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Appearance Panel

Illustrator has the Appearance Panel. InDesign should have it too. I want to have multiple fills, and strokes to be behind the fills.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base