A word count that doesn’t take a year to do its job

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sticky last font selection in Type > Font drop down menu.

1. When designing in InDesign or Illustrator, etc., I often scroll down the text menu, pick a font, work with it a while then go back to the font menu to try the next font. Unfortunately the font menu always goes back to the top of the list. I would like the font drop down menu to pop back to the current font so I can continue where I left off in the list.

2. Failing that idea, at least add a scroll bar and maybe highlight the current font in the list so I can get back to where I left…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A LIVE word count for booklet files.

Please add a live word count feature for booklet files. I have had to spend a long time copying and pasting to Word to get a total word count for my entire document.

It would be brilliant if there was a live word count at the bottom next to the errors (or simply in the info window) which updates as you type.

While I'm at it, a live spell check would be helpful too.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A more efficient indexing system for book files.

A more efficient indexing system for book files would be ideal. Also, when using the Index window, it would be great if the window could stay open and allow me to continue entering words. If I don't select desired text, enter index reference, "add all," then close the window, it doesn't populate correctly.
    It would be ideal for me to keep the window open, enter desired text (without selecting in the file), click "add all," then continue with more entries .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Temporarily disable GREP styles

I'm working on a long document that uses GREP Styles. the applied styles only change the colour of text, so they don’t affect the flow of text. But they sure do slow down the program. I would like to be able to disable the GREP Styles in the paragraph style to speed up the program. The only way to disable GREP Styles is to remove them from the style definition. I duplicated the style to keep a backup of my GREP expressions, but what would be better is a way to individually disable the styles while keeping the expression in…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it easier to define bullet symbols

It would be nice to be able to either utilize a selected Glyph as a bullet symbol or at least search for a symbol within a font via UNICODE like you can in the Glyphs toolbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make "Justify Text Next to an Object" work in all cases

As it stands, text wrapping around an object only responds to this preference (and justifies) when it wraps around the left and right sides of the object. It should work even if it only wraps around one side.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please can InDesign use true OpenType superscripts and subscripts if they are available in the font

Please can InDesign use true OpenType superscripts and subscripts if they are available in the font, in the same way that it will use the true OpenType small caps.
    Or can there be a way in the paragraph styles to tell it to use them. (Not a character style as they are not necessarily tagged, they just pull through from Word or other manuscript source as superscript or subscript.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Kurdish Language Spelling

Hello!
    Adobe InDesign has many users writing in and experiencing the Central Kurdish language. People who use this language make up a significant portion of Iraq’s population, which is in the Kurdistan region. Unfortunately, the Kurdish language dictionary isn’t available in InDesign.
    I hope you can allow InDesign to add the Kurdish language dictionary as an option for users who are writing in this language.
    Or, if you could create a translation web page to add the Kurdish language phrase and sentence spellings in Adobe InDesign and other Adobe products, that would be most appreciated.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Diagonal strike through text

Please allow designers to use diagonal strike through text.

Designer should be able to ...
    - Set the trike through line for single a text selection
    - Define this in a paragraph style
    - Use it as a property in a script
    - choose a direction (top left to bottom right / Bottom left to upper right)
    - define a line thickness and color
    - choose to only display a part of the line below and on top of the text

Thanks

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes; endnotes to separate chapter

PLEASE add these features to the footnote and endnote functionality of InDesign:
    - Continuous numbering of footnotes and endnotes throughout the various indd files within a book document
    - Ability to put the endnotes of the different indd files within a book document in a separate .indd file at the end of the book; numbering continuous OR per chapter.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Control paragraph rules when same styles

I love being able to control space above/below in Paragraph for consecutive application of the same Paragraph Style.

I would love to similarly apply a rule above only to the first paragraph in a sequence or a rule below only on the last paragraph in a sequence, with an interface on the Paragraph Rules pane of the Paragraph Style definition similar to the "Space between paragraphs using same style" field in the Indents and Spacing pane.

This will greatly simplify and enhance my options in an automated XML workflow with multi-paragraph fields in a newspaper production setting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. use bursh tool

Comcast enjoys both residential and commercial customers in more than 40 states and has nearly 22 million internet subscribers. It is well known for its services. It started providing internet way back in 1996 and has today established itself as a regarded business conglomerate all over the world. Comcast has left a worldwide impression with its telecommunication services and hence, Comcast users bestow their full trust in them. . After concentrated analysis of the problem, the expert will give you an instant solution Comcast Customer Service team is famous for its problem-solving skills and readiness.

https://emailsupportme.com/comcast-customer-service/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add hanging punctuation for chevrons

Hanging punction is currently not working with chevrons (« ») – which are used in Germany, Spain, Italy, France & Norway. In Quark XPress this works perfectly with one click. I am a professional typographer and would like to have this issue fixed as soon as possible. Kind regards Egil Haraldsen

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MathML Support

We need to have InDesign to support MathML, this is much awaited feature, but not supporting in InDesign yet.

Currently we're using 3rd party plugins such as MathType, MathTools, PowerMath, etc. but not meeting our expectation, also high license cost than InDesign.

@ALL: Please support to include this feature in InDesign in the very near release.

388 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Problem: Text frames suddenly become empty

When working on a +400 pages book, and when I'm in the middle of simple text editing (most of the time; any editing that causes an increase or decrease in lines), suddenly one text frame (other than the one I'm working on) become empty, and all text will move to the next text frame. To solve it I have to edit some text; like adding a paragraph then deleting it. And another fix is by resizing the text frame!!
    My version is 2020 last update. Book is in Arabic.
    Cannot understand why that is randomly happening!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rimettere la percentuale di ingrandimento area di lavoro in alto come nelle precedenti versioni

Rimettere la percentuale di ingrandimento area di lavoro in alto come nelle precedenti versioni

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the systemfonts invisible.

As a graphic designer I use a font management system. Unfortunately it is not (anymore) possible to delete the endless list of unnecessary fonts at MacOs Catalina. When using the Adobe programs (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), the terribly long list of (unnecessary) fonts now appears. In this list, I have to find my activated letter fonts. Very annoying!

Is it really not possible to remove or hide that list of Mac fonts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Use Nearest Available Font Weight Instead of "Unavailable" Error

When switching fonts, instead of generating an "unavailable font" error when a font weight doesn't exist, automatically use the closest available weight based on the previous setting.
    For example, when switching from a font that has Black to a font that only has Bold or Regular, simply use the closest available weight e.g. Bold, rather than generating the "unavailable" error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base