1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hyperlinks report

The Hyperlinks panel needs to be better overhauled please. I have a 300 page magazine with hyperlinks in each section (different sections provided by a team) ... so a Report Hyperlinks option would be very useful please, in the same way you can generate a Report in the Links panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello, In Indesign, it would be interesting in the 'text block' to have the option 'Adapt the text to the block'. The option exists for the

Hello,

In Indesign, it would be interesting in the 'text block' to have the option 'Adapt the text to the block'. The option exists for the image block 'to adapt the image to the block proportionally' to adapt this option to the 'text block' would be a saving of time and the possibility to automate a good number of works. For example, to change from A6 to A5 via the linked article system it works great with the image block and not at all with the text block. The only possibility of action with the 'Text block' is to enlarge…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Please see if using the “Free transform tool” solves your purpose
    Just select the object, switch to the Free Transform tool, and place your cursor over one of the corner or side points. When you see the double-headed arrow, drag.

-Thanks

3. Current Spread Number

In some projects we use spread number instead of page number. Please make it possible to use spread number like page numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. make font preview display filtered weights properly

I'm attempting to preview all san-serif, heavy weight, regular width fonts. While the filter shortens the list of fonts in the preview window, when I use the arrow keys to see my live preview I am getting only light weight previews. If I want to see the heavy weight version, I have to pop open each font group and select the heavier weight version. What gives? This is such a basic idea... please show me ONLY bold, heavy, extra, etc. Don't show me light weight previews when I am filtering for heavy weight. This limitation makes live preview almost useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hyphenation Options

Please add a checkbox (or something), so that you can turn off hyphenation of words that are connected to an em dash, and for words that already have a hyphen in them. And related to that, please always break hyphenated words/phrases/URLs at the hyphen, instead of adding another hyphen.

We currently have to search for all these "bad breaks" and this feature would be a big help.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to use a footnote multiple times on one page

I'm working with tech documents and spec lists that often have one footnote applying for several items like:

Item A
    Item B (footnote 1)
    Item C (footnote 2)
    Item D (footnote 1)
    Item E (footnote 3)

Instead of having footnote 1 listed twice (which looks very odd and consumes space), it would be awesome to have some slick way to deal with this without the need of working with crossreferences and alike.

I'm aware of adding a superscript 1 for the second appearance but it doesn't automatically counts up when adding a new footnote prior to the automatic footnote.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back the Paragraph Direction button/option that was removed in v14.0.1.

Bring back the Paragraph Direction button/option that was removed in v14.0.1.

I am using Middle East InDesign, with English/Arabic language app option.

I have been informed by Adobe Support that v14.0.1 has removed Paragraph Direction all together. Since I have to work with Arabic frequently, this is VERY disruptive since Arabic is written right to left. It seems that even Change Text Direction has even been removed from the Character window options, so I can't find any possible workaround.

I don't understand how any users that need Right to Left written languages will even be able to use your updated…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add German: Reform 2017

Last year in Germany, a new spelling reform has been published. Currently our indesign only offers spelling according to the German Reform 2006: Please advise whether it is possible to update the German Reform to 2017 indesign
    I asked Adobe support online but he asked me submit this feature requests.

thanks

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make OpenType SVG composed glyphs unbreakable

For now combined glyphs can be accidentally broken if they reach end of line.

For example, I add composed glyph 0x261d + 0x1f3fe (☝🏾) It is up pointing hand with skin tone modifier.

Applied EmojiOne font.

Now i start added dots before is (.........). When glyph reach end of text field, he will be PARTIALLY moved to next line. This moment it will be broken.

I understand why it happens, but this is unexpected behavior.

I think there should be an option in paragraph or character style, that makes glyphs unbreakable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import font attributes of text used in PDF comments such as underscore, bold, italic, etc.

Import font attributes of text used in PDF annotation such as underscore, bold, italic, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Align top line of text frame to baseline grid

Hi InDesign Team—

The very handy Only Align First Line to Grid feature is essential for building out multiple styles in books and editorial work. However, book designers are in desperate need of a similar feature for text frames, where only the first line in the text frame aligns to the baseline grid. This is essential for building out pages of backmatter, where the text is tighter and does not necessarily align to the baseline grid of the book, but the distance between the head margin and the first baseline should remain the same.

Is such a feature possible, or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Defining a Drop Cap

If you define a Drop Cap in a paragraph style WITH a character style and also define a nested style, if there is a single letter word starting the paragraph, the nested style does not recognize it and will apply the nested style to an additional word beyond the deliminator. For example, a nested style through 3 words will apply to the first 4 if the paragraph starts with "I[space]" or "A[space]". It does not do this if [none] is chosen from the character style dropdown in Drop Caps, but only if one is chosen (even when nothing is defined…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Speed up baseline setup

Setting up a baseline grid can be easier, I think.

A workflow speed-up like this would be great:

1) select the basic text
    2) click on a button that does all these things at once:
    - Show baseline grid
    - base the baseline grid on the line height of the selected text without going to the preferences panel (line height, etc.)
    - align the text to the baseline grid

I think this feature is great for newer, and existing Indesign users and can be a great addition to the feature request in this thread:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/32113915-dynamic-baseline-related-unit-of-measurement

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add H1 or P option to Type> font selection filter

In Typekit there is an option for filtering for (recommended) Header or Paragraph typeface, can we please have this option within (Id) Type- Font classification selecting filter?

pRRRreeeeettttTTTy please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. text box handles: right side

Please put a handle on the righthand side of text boxes that is not hidden by either the "click to edit corners" yellow box or the text-thread button when the text box is vertically challenged, as it were. Sometimes I want a text box to maintain a specific height but need to pull it wider to the right. If the text box is tall enough, the righthand pull handle is easily accessible, but if the text box is short, there' no way to pull the box wider to the right without either making it taller or using one of the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Widows and Orphans - Adjustable parameters for "Balance Ragged Lines" feature

Widows and Orphans - Adjustable parameters for "Balance Ragged Lines" feature

I layout brochures for conferences, and being able to adjust all my paragraph styles so that the balance ragged lines feature will allow me to set, if orphan then use 2 words.

Right now i feel as if its balancing them by look and feel, not by actual word count.

i am aware or GREP etc, but could never get it to work properly (Granted i an novice in using them)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it one-click to disable USA English across all documents, existing and yet to be created.

Every new document I create defaults to USA English which is time-consuming to change for everyone who does not use this variation of UK English. Please make it a button on the 'New document' window to select default language, and please make it a tick-box in preferences. It could be worded like this for example 'What is your preferred default language?" and then a drop down. Then every document I open will automatically have the correct dictionary applied without any further time spent. Many thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to paste in out of pasteboard also

In Adobe Pagemaker, pasteboard is firm. but in Indesign, the pasteboard also moving with the page. If you want to stick the pasted item to see in all pages that helps. So please provide Option to paste in out of pasteboard also

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. orphans

In the paragraph options, we should have an option for how long the last word in a paragraph must be in order to turn down to its own line. Wording could be "minimum of __ characters on last line" And allow us to turn this feature on or off in addition to specifying the number of characters on the last line.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have Type Colour always available to select/change

Please can we have the Type Colour always available to select and change, rather than being hidden secondary to the Fill Colour.

e.g. why is the Type Colour not in the Character panel like Photoshop has.
    why is the Type Colour in the main horizontal Control Panel not NEXT to the Fill Colour? ... Why do you have to click Fill Colour then T then select the Type Colour??? ... the same for the Swatches Panel - why is the Type Colour secondary to the Fill Colour.

The same problem also goes for Stroke colour ... why can't the Stroke…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base