Adobe InDesign: Bugs
When filing a new bug, please provide:
- Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
- Steps to reproduce the issues
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
- or
No existing idea results
- ~ No ideas found ~
7742 results found
-
Searching for GREP in long documents (hundreds of pages) = crash of ID
Searching for GREP symbols like ~M or ~P in Find/Change GREP window, in long documents, makes continuous crash of ID (18.3, Win).
2 votes -
AI-Powered Page Layout Reproduction: Accelerating Recurring Task Execution
Integrate AI to reproduce a page layout with different textual and visual content. This would speed up the execution of recurring tasks.
2 votes -
ID 18.3 click movement
When I click on a text box or any other element it will be moved I think of 1px. Why???
2 votes -
Adjust Layout Moves Locked Guides when "Adjust Locked Content" Option is Disabled
Locked guides that overlap the page margins move when using Adjust Layout while "Adjust Locked Content" is unchecked.
Expected behavior: Locked guides shouldn't move when using Adjust Layout unless "Adjust Locked Content" is checked. Unlocked guides should move regardless of the option being checked.
Steps to reproduce:
Add ruler guides to a page that overlap the page margins
Lock guides "View > Grids & Guides > Lock Guides"
Open "Layout > Margins & Columns"
Enable "Adjust Layout" and uncheck "Adjust Locked Content"
Increase or decrease the size of a margin that overlaps the guideI haven't found any workaround for this bug and it's a major hinderance when adjusting the layout of many pages simultaneously as I have to manually re-adjust the guides on each page.
Locked guides that overlap the page margins move when using Adjust Layout while "Adjust Locked Content" is unchecked.
Expected behavior: Locked guides shouldn't move when using Adjust Layout unless "Adjust Locked Content" is checked. Unlocked guides should move regardless of the option being checked.
Steps to reproduce:
Add ruler guides to a page that overlap the page margins
Lock guides "View > Grids & Guides > Lock Guides"
Open "Layout > Margins & Columns"
Enable "Adjust Layout" and uncheck "Adjust Locked Content"
Increase or decrease the size of a margin that overlaps the guideI haven't found any workaround for…
2 votes -
Unable to relink more than one image at a time
Cannot relink more than one image at a time in InDesign 18.2.1 (2023) even when "search for missing links in this folder" box is ticked. Therefore I have to import each image individually, which is time consuming. Has anyone else come across this annoying problem at all?
2 votes -
comments
Review comments should stay with the original site where they were left when I sort them in a new way. Not obvious? Now comment on page 1 will stay with page 1, even if the site moved to the end. that is confusing.
2 votes -
Import PDF Comments not supported
We are using InDesign CC 2022 version in production and try to import the comments from the PDF which created using the same Indesign file. But we encountered the alert as "PDF is not created from InDesign. Select another PDF to continue". Please check and suggest. Sample files are attached for reference.
2 votes -
Overprint white text when color changed in stylesheet
When changing color to 'Paper' on a selected text – it automatically is set to not overprint (correct behaviour).
However if you change the color in a stylesheet, from a color with overprint, to 'Paper'. It will remain on overprint.
Also the checkbox gets greyed out. So to fix it you must choose another color, uncheck overprint, then go back to 'Paper'.InDesign 18.2.1
2 votes -
Nothing changed, but InDesigns asks for saving changes
When opening an object, doing nothing (or just print) and closing it, InDesign comes up with a dialog to save changes. That feels very uncomfortable - did I change something by accident?
PS Pressing cmd-S for save brings up the Save As... dialog.
2 votes -
Adobe InDesign list panels unusable + Mouse click outside InDesign window not working.
After I type any value by keyboard entering on a dialogue box (like font size, transparency, color tone, font spacing etc), all InDesign list panels become unusable: list elements (swatches, fonts etc) slip away from mouse selection like they were anchored to cursor.
In the video:
1. two panels working correctly (not important which panels, the issue appears on ANY panel);
2. typing of a random value on a random box (not important which box, the issue appears after ANY keyboard entering on ANY box);
3. the same panels not working anymore (in the video I am only moving the cursor over them, without pressing any mouse button).Mouse click outside InDesign window to desktop or other apps also doesn't work.
Functionality can be restored only by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Canc and then Esc.InDesign version: 18.2.1 (+ ANY earlier CC version. I posted an identical report for version 16 too).
OS: Windows 10 x64
PC model: Dell XPS-15
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650After I type any value by keyboard entering on a dialogue box (like font size, transparency, color tone, font spacing etc), all InDesign list panels become unusable: list elements (swatches, fonts etc) slip away from mouse selection like they were anchored to cursor.
In the video:
1. two panels working correctly (not important which panels, the issue appears on ANY panel);
2. typing of a random value on a random box (not important which box, the issue appears after ANY keyboard entering on ANY box);
3. the same panels not working anymore (in the video I am only moving the…2 votes -
Previews are blank
Switching on preview mode yields blank designs (artboards go totally white). Document previews in Mac finder also blank. Design mode appears normal and documents are saving fine.
2 votes -
Match pasteboard to screen color fails with dark theme under normal/preview
I have the pasteboard (Interface/Appearance/Color Theme) set to the darkest of dark, and I have Dark Mode on. (Ventura 13.3.3, InDesign 18.2.1). In Normal (w) file, it's the darkest color I selected, but when I switch to Preview, Bleed or Slug (w) the pasteboard turns a light gray. I don't see anything under preferences to correct this.
2 votes -
.INDD Mac OS Finder Preview STILL not working.
The finder preview does not work and has not worked for some time. I had even updated my os to the latest version and there is still no finder preview?
IND 2023 (18.2.1) Mac OS 13.3.1 (22E261)
2 votes -
Screen Draws Bizarre Patterns
This has been happening for the past several versions. Im using ID 2023 on a 27" 2019 31. Mhz iMac with 64GB. It runs a Raedon Pro 575X 4GB.
While I am moving the document, sometimes these bizarre dark patterns form. Sometimes it happens when just an item is moved on the document. But it appears to be random. Scrolling off the page and back onto it seems to solve it.
This only happens in InDesign. None of the other Adobe apps or other graphic apps have this issue. So it leads me to believe it is not the video card, but one specific program.
I also own an M1 Mac Mini which runs the exact same software...but has no such issues. I keep hoping an update will fix this but it remains for the past two years...
This has been happening for the past several versions. Im using ID 2023 on a 27" 2019 31. Mhz iMac with 64GB. It runs a Raedon Pro 575X 4GB.
While I am moving the document, sometimes these bizarre dark patterns form. Sometimes it happens when just an item is moved on the document. But it appears to be random. Scrolling off the page and back onto it seems to solve it.
This only happens in InDesign. None of the other Adobe apps or other graphic apps have this issue. So it leads me to believe it is not the video…
2 votes -
Dictionaries, specifically German
The german dictionary in ID is weird. Many common german words it would mark as unknown, but the suggestions show a lot of rarely used ones. Well, when adding words to the dictionary, it can be confusing for the grammar checker to distinguish between verbs, adjectives and nouns if there is no definition for the word type. So, at least for German, but perhaps generally, give the user the option to define if the added word is a noun, adjective or verb.
Example for confusion: "brücken". This is a verb ("brücken" -> to bridge), but also the plural of "Brücke" (bridge), but with lowercase. The grammar checker would suggest to capitalize the word when it's meant to be a verb. I would then define it once as verb in lowercase and once as noun with capital letter in the dictionary.
The german dictionary in ID is weird. Many common german words it would mark as unknown, but the suggestions show a lot of rarely used ones. Well, when adding words to the dictionary, it can be confusing for the grammar checker to distinguish between verbs, adjectives and nouns if there is no definition for the word type. So, at least for German, but perhaps generally, give the user the option to define if the added word is a noun, adjective or verb.
Example for confusion: "brücken". This is a verb ("brücken" -> to bridge), but also the plural of "Brücke"…
2 votes -
Converted linked InDesign document saved in last used folder, not folder where it lives
Steps to reproduce:
- Have an InDesign document with a linked InDesign document. That linked document is saved by an older version.
- Open linked document by Alt-double clicking.
- Save file. You are now presented with the last used folder, not the folder that the linked document lives in.
This USED to work fine.
Version 18.2.1 Windows
2 votes -
eyedropper still not picking up font type style weight -- adds a stroke to outside or color to the text box.
eyedropper not picking up font or style; it picks up color sometimes & stroke sometimes. it is glitchy to the max. unstable, unreliable. USED TO WORK. a long time ago...in a land far, far away.
It generally succeeds picking up object styles. otherwise BIG FAIL regarding fonts, font colors, font weight. it misses completely.
INDESIGN 2022 INTEL IMAC MONTEREY 12.6.4
2 votes -
Multiple copy paste functions
I have been using the Indesign program for a long time. He has made very good progress. This is what I expect from you. We can only paste one copy with the copy paste command. It would be great if it could copy multiple texts separately. For example, when copy-pasting 3 or 5 different texts, you need to do each one by one. It would be much more practical if we could copy them all and name them like copy 1 copy 2 copy 3 and paste 1 paste 2 paste 3 options while pasting. I wish you good luck in your work. Halil Ermis
I have been using the Indesign program for a long time. He has made very good progress. This is what I expect from you. We can only paste one copy with the copy paste command. It would be great if it could copy multiple texts separately. For example, when copy-pasting 3 or 5 different texts, you need to do each one by one. It would be much more practical if we could copy them all and name them like copy 1 copy 2 copy 3 and paste 1 paste 2 paste 3 options while pasting. I wish you good luck…
2 votes -
Ghost hyperlinks can't be fixed
With placed Word text, I often have 'ghost hyperlinks', meaning I need there's no active hyperlink in the text but I'm not allowed to select that text and add a hyperlink – 'New hyperlink' is greyed out.
Double-clicking the paragraph inspires this message: "all corrupt hyperlinks in the selected text have been removed," but I'm still unable to add a hyperlink. The only fix I've found is to cut the text, paste it in another app, copy and re-paste it into ID as fresh 'uncorrupted' text.
Cutting all relevant paragraphs makes ID crash.
Of course this is a real hassle, so Adobe, please fix this issue.
ID 2024, Mac.
With placed Word text, I often have 'ghost hyperlinks', meaning I need there's no active hyperlink in the text but I'm not allowed to select that text and add a hyperlink – 'New hyperlink' is greyed out.
Double-clicking the paragraph inspires this message: "all corrupt hyperlinks in the selected text have been removed," but I'm still unable to add a hyperlink. The only fix I've found is to cut the text, paste it in another app, copy and re-paste it into ID as fresh 'uncorrupted' text.
Cutting all relevant paragraphs makes ID crash.
Of course this is a real hassle,…
2 votes -
WordsFlow
When deciding against using WordsFlow plugin by EmSoftware, not renewing from trial license, it continued not only to be on the main FILE menu but it also is preventing normal (InDesign) placing of graphic files into InDesign files by a popup window asking for license renewal information. If I cancel that window, it cancels the PLACE... operation. In other words, WordsFlow does not extricate itself from the program even if no longer using and registered AND after uninstalling from the Windows APP utility, BUT it continues to interfere with normal InDesign operation.
How do I get rid of this?2 votes
- Don't see your idea?