Adobe InDesign: Bugs
When filing a new bug, please provide:
- Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
- Steps to reproduce the issues
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
1060 results found
-
All External Links (Bug Report, Tutorial, InDesign Help, etc..) Fail
Links from Help menu that open browser cause a Safari popunder, Indesign refresh, and no link being loaded in Safari.
InDesign 13.0
macOS High Sierra 10.132 votes -
indesign cc 2018 erratic display behaviour
Issues with linked images and vector shapes just going invisible and unselectable even though they are still in the links panel.
This bug makes it difficult to work, and leads to adding a huge number of linked images since I think they are not on the page.
2 votes -
Temp InDesign 2018 file
Temp InDesign 2018 file does not go away after closing ID file and trying to delete it, the Finder generates an error" -80" (?). By the way, what is the reason for such file to be visible at all? Why does the user even care to behold that file at all?
2 votes -
Adobe Templates - Title Blocks won't allow editing in Modern Media Kit Layout
Modern Media Kit Layout
Chic Media Kit LayoutI would like to use these Adobe templates, but the top title blocks will not allow editing. All of the other text box elements on the page react when you click on them, allowing you the opportunity to edit them. I can't seem to edit "YOUR TITLE HERE" or "MEDIA KIT 2017"
Am I missing something about how to properly edit the title blocks on those templates? I can't even click on it... no option to capture/click/highlight the "YOUR TITLE HERE" section.
Guidance is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
2 votes -
Green overlay left behind by inDesign
InDesign 12.1.0.56
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Problem on screen but not on a screenshot.2 votes -
CC2017
When I command+W and try to scroll up and down with the arrow keyes it takes forever and its inconstant. Basically its not working at all.
I just bought the new MacBook Pro 2017 with macOS Sierra 10.12.5.I restarted laptop and it continued to make the same.
In my other Macbook air, it works just as fine.2 votes -
pipette does not work in cells of tables
pipette does not work in cells of tables
2 votesDouble-click the Eyedropper Tool to open Eyedropper Options dialog.
Check that Character and Paragraph Settings option are checked ON. -
Copying from Illustrator pastes with strange colors
I used to be able to do this with no problem: copy a vector from Illustrator into InDesign and it look the same. Now, when I paste a logo, say, a teal and yellow one, into InDesign, the teal turns red! I have color swatches created in the Illustrator file, but even when I haven't done that, I've never seen this happen before. I now have to import many vector images instead, which is a huge inconvenience.
2 votes -
Surface Pro 4 And Gestures
I have a new Surface Pro 4. When using Adobe applications, gestures on the touch pad (for example pinching or scrolling) either don't work or are really bugy with little control. I was told by Adobe that this is due to the detachable keyboard on the Surface Pro.
2 votes -
Las acciones de HACER y DFESHACER no están activas
Los botones de HACER y DESHACER no están activos. / The Redo and Undo buttons are not active.
1 vote -
InDesign freezes when I insert an image.
Everytime I insert an image on InDesign, the system freezes and starts buffering endlessly. Return to work involves shutting InDesing and restarting the computer. It is a nightmare.
1 vote -
ID very slow in scrolling with many tables
When a document has many tables, even if small ones, scrolling is abysmally slow. You can't work on it, since you can't even stop scrolling when expected, since ID continue scrolling to previous or following pages as it likes.
I had this same document in CS6 on a Mac mini Quad-Core 2012. It was faster than with the latest ID on a Mac mini M4 Pro.
1 vote -
InDesign window opening between two monitors
In InDesign 2026 (v 21.51), I'm having troubles opening files by right-clicking on them in my Microsoft File Explorer. I'll have InDesign running, but with the program window collapsed. Then when I try to right click an INDD file and select to open it with InDesign 2026, the program window pops up and opens the file, but the window is split between my two external monitors and the aspect ration is off. Then I end up having to shut InDesign down entirely to get it to revert back. This only happens so far when the program window is collapsed to…
1 vote -
Cursor flickering throughout InDesign 21.5.1 on macOS Tahoe
Since updating InDesign from 21.5 to 21.5.1, the cursor flickers and repeatedly switches between different pointer shapes/icons while working in InDesign. This occurs throughout the application, including over text, tables, frames and the pasteboard.
System:
MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1
macOS Tahoe 26.5.2
InDesign 21.5.1
Apple Magic Mouse
Normally using two external monitors (one HDMI, one USB-C)Troubleshooting performed:
Restarted InDesign and macOS multiple times
Reset InDesign preferences
Disconnected both external monitors and tested using only the MacBook display — the flickering continued
Tested Photoshop — no cursor flickering
Tested InDesign 20.5.4 — no cursor flickering
Reverted InDesign from 21.5.1…1 vote -
Pre-composed Hebrew characters do not track
InDesign 21.1 ME
Pre-composed Hebrew characters in many Hebrew fonts do not track through the Character panel, though precomposed Latin characters do (see image, line 5 versus line 9). I would expect that they track like any other discrete character.
Many thanks for your help.1 vote -
Slow even with RTX 4070.
I've used Adobe products for about 20 years, with all sorts of computers, good and bad, but it has always been a pleasant experience. But since 2-3 years ago, everything changed. I now really struggle on any app really even on top specs computers, in, photoshop, indesign, lightroom but especially Indesign. I have a Dell XPS with RTX 3070 desktop AND XPS RTX 4070 laptop. Both really amazing and new computers. Any other non-adobe software works flawlessly. Tried all the recommendation from Adobe, talked to technicians, still really laggy and worse with each updates...Unsubscribed after many thousand of dollars worth…
1 vote -
Indesign freezes and Crashes when attempting to delete a row
I am having an issue where InDesign is freezing and crashing after I try to delete a table row.
I am unable to attach a DMP file even though your documentation asks for it.
Only thing that seems to mitigate it is copying the INDD file, but the issue comes back after I work for a while.
Using 21.4.1 x64 on Windows 11
1 vote -
Save As not working again
InDesign Classic 2026 21.4.1 x64 / Win11 Home 24 H2. Good grief. It's happening again!!! ---> To successsfully use "Save As" I must save with slight file name change to get it to save with correct date/time stamp. And yes -- we just had an MS OS update. Why is this still occasionally happening!? When does this problem finally get corrected so that saving a file --- a most critical thing to do --- works properly?
1 vote -
Bug Report: High Quality Display shows no improvement over Typical for large images (~45MP+)
Placed raster images above roughly 45-48 megapixels show zero visible difference between Typical and High Quality Display Performance; both render a blocky, low-resolution proxy instead of the full-resolution source. The same content under ~38MP renders correctly with the expected difference.
Steps to reproduce: place an RGB 8-bit image with total pixel count at or above ~45MP (e.g. 6000x8000px) at a large placed size (Effective PPI 700+). Switch between Typical and High Quality Display: no visible change. Reduce the same source to ~36-38MP (e.g. 6000px long side): renders correctly.
Size pattern observed on the same source content: 8000px long side (~48MP),…
1 vote -
Pasteboard color
Since the last update 2026, all documents with custom preview pasteboard colour (I prefer a dark gray) revert to the standard light gray pasteboard colour.
Also: when changing the custom pasteboard colour I get a long list of standard colors with the custom colour on the bottom of the list, why such a long list and why not put custom on top in pop-up menu?
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?