Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

867 results found

1. Cross-references Feature is Not Fit For Purpose

Cross-references are by their very nature linked with long documents. Adobe claims InDesign has "…powerful features for creating longer documents" but, as long as the cross-references feature remains so painfully slow, that statement does not stand up to scrutiny.

Just opening a cross-reference in a long document (2,000 pages) is taking four hours on a Mac Studio with 64 GB memory. How long it takes to actually edit it is, as yet, unknown – I gave up after 90 minutes watching the spinning beachball of death to work on another project.

As it stands, the cross-references feature is bordering on…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. InDesign does not appear in Windows Task Manager when restarted after a crash

When InDesign freezes or crashes (which happens pretty frequently), I go to Windows Task Manager and end the task. When I reopen InDesign, InDesign does open and has the autosaves of all my ID documents open, but InDesign does not appear in Windows Task Manager at all.

This is a problem because usually whatever caused InDesign to freeze/hang the first time will occur again very quickly, but this time I can't end the task. Nor can I end the task if anything else goes wrong. The only way to fix this is to restart the computer to force all applications…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Black horizontal lines appear on screen when scrolling

When I expand the Indesign window to fill 90% of my 27" screen, I get numerous black horizontal lines appearing when scrolling. Other editing functions typical when handling type on a layout also produce random broken lines. If I click a page forward or back arrow, the lines disappear. I was first using v16.2 and just upgraded to 16.3.2 today with same results. Just discovered I have to reduce the widow size to about 75% of my screen size for the lines to not appear at all. Never had this happen on previous versions and need almost full screen width…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Selection Tool cursor disappear issue

After few hours with no activity on Mac with Silicon disappear the Selection Tool cursor on the artboard. Quit the app and reopen it works as a solution for now.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Selection Tool cursor disappear issue

After few hours with no activity on Mac with Silicon disappear the Selection Tool cursor on the artboard. Quit the app and reopen it works as a solution for now.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Selection Tool cursor disappear issue

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hairlines/artifacts randomly appearing on screen

Glitches of bands of light or dark pixels may appear over images, in transparencies and effects. These may come and go depending on resolution preview mode, zoom and/or if overprint preview is rendered. (The lines are similar to tiling lines in PDFx1a in that they are rendering glitches presumably caused by floating point calculations)

See the thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/lines-appearing-in-effects-shadow-amp-gradient/m-p/11912229#M419035

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 40 41 42 44 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base