Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

365 results found

1. Mistakenly copying layer name instead of layer content

Nobody command-clicks the an Indesign layer hoping to copy the layer name, but much of the time when attempting to copy the layer content, the layer title is the only thing brought into the clipboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains fixes for some key issues. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

Reproducible Steps –
    • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
    • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File → Package)

Adobe InDesign team

2. InDesign Just Doesn't Work

In a brand new file with 300 pages, tried placing a 100-page Word file numerous times, and it just wouldn't work. After a certain number of pages, the text would just stop. Sometimes, it would think that there was more text that I could place on the next page frame, and when I'd do those steps, it would just either create another blank frame, or pile multiple new frames of text on a single page. This is basic functionality that should be bulletproof, and it isn't. (For reference, I'm a long-time tech author who even taught PageMaker to clients in…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Speech note bar for oral presentation

I propuse a speech bar (under each pages) to write his speech for an oral presentation. It can be really usefull when you prepare a diaporama for a presentation and know what say.

When you finished your diaporama document, you can directly print all your speech separetly & begin to prepare oral.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. doesn't recognize new files copied to my hard drive

latest InDesign CC doesn't show new files copied to my hard drive - If I re-name files it shows the old name - no phone no chat no thing!

I can confirm files are there with explorer but when I go FILE OPEN they aren't there - tried copying to other directories - still not there - tried re-booting, closing opening program again all that

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains fixes for some key issues. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

Reproducible Steps –
    • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
    • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File → Package)

Adobe InDesign team

1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base