Bug details

Slow reaction/ response from InDesign 14.0.1

InDesign version 14.0.1 (2019) with Windows 10 build 1803. Working in documents is extremely slow. Clicking or selecting an item takes up to 30 seconds to respond. Program is virtually unusable.

No detectable performance issues via Task Manager. Plenty of resources available on RAM, disk and cpu.

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Terje Skulstad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Iain Houston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue and it is costing me time and more importantly, money. I can't make a living if every job takes twice as long as it should and leaves me right up against already tight deadlines with ever decreasing revenues. If it isn't fixed soon I'm going to have to seriously consider ditching InDesign as it's virtually unusable. I'm using the latest version (14.0.2) on a Mid- 2011 iMac running High Sierra

• Melise Gerber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am struggling with this as well. I normally work off of a server, but have moved all files over to my hard drive to try and speed up working, and am seeing little to no change. Working on InDesign version 14.0.2 x64 with Windows 10 build 1809.

Small InDesign document (5 MB), resizing small linked image--resize frame only from 2" height to 3" height with proportional change in width: took 5 seconds; clicking fit content proportionately button: took 4 seconds. The image that I am resizing is stored on local hard drive and is only 22.6KB, so it is not an issue with processing the image itself.

Just as in the original report--no issues with performance via Windows Task Manager.

• André Thijsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problems.
    Indesign is very slow to reaction. I click on item (texte, image, guid,… or the interface element) and indesign freeze, the beachball turn 20-30 seconds and indesign is deblocked… for many few second and freeze again !!!!
    It's very inaceptable, unusable and frustrating !
    Same problem on five machines (iMac Late 2015 - High Sierra and Mojave).
    Five designer multiplyed by many unproductive time !!!!

Adobe CC 2019 + Office 365 + Fontbook
    Il have uninstall rightfont, skyfont, unactivate all font, uninstall indesign, remove all pref, empty cache, launched OnyX, repare authorisation, uninstall all CC App (with ACC Cleaner Tool), CPU or GPU switch…

Feedback and Knowledge Base