3 votes0 comments · Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests » Text and Type · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
37 votes12 comments · Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests » Text and Type · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
11 votes16 comments · Adobe InDesign: Bugs » ePub/HTML/Publish Online · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 14.0.3
Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.
If you are unable to see the update yet, go to Creative Cloud desktop application, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right corner and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 14.0.3
Please change the status back to "not fixed" and please acknowledge that you've seen our posts about the fix not working.
Hi Abhinav, I just tested the HTML export of endnotes containing hyperlinks with the 14.0.3 release and the endnotes are still broken. I can send you a file to use as a test if you'd like.
Also, in the list of bug fixes, this issue is described as:
Endnote markers are lost in the exported HTML when the last word for endnote text is a hyperlink
This is not what is causing this failure. Any hyperlink breaks all of the endnotes.
Glad you were able to reproduce and I would love if this could get fixed sooner than later! I would also like to point out that any hyperlinks after the initial one are not longer active hyperlinks in any of the other footnotes.
Thank you for your support. The issue is now fixed in the latest update of InDesign.
Please upgrade to the new InDesign 14.0 from your Creative Cloud Application.
If you are unable to see the update yet, click on the menu (three dots) on the top right corner of Creative cloud app and click on “Check for App Updates”.
Let us know your feedback in the comment section.
If you convert a table cell to a graphic cell and then make that cell a form field, when you export the table to an interactive PDF file, the form tag appears outside of the table cell tag.
1.) Create a table.
2.) Select a cell and choose Convert cell to graphic cell
3.) With the graphic cell selected, choose Text field from the buttons and forms panel to convert the cell to an interactive form field.
4.) Export file to interactive PDF with tags enabled.
When you view the pdf and open the Tags pane, the form field should appear within the cell tag but it doesn't, at appears somewhere below the table.
Workaround: I've been able to achieve the desired result by selecting the interactive form field and cutting it. Then inserting the text cursor in the cell and doing a paste. Now when the PDF is exported, at least it appears within the cell. Unfortunately it as a container <p> which I'd prefer that it didn't have, but it's still usable.
We acknowledge that the issue is slowing you down and we regret the same.
Our investigation suggests that the issue lies in the latest update of Acrobat and there is little that can be done at our end to resolve the issue.
The problem has been communicated to the relevant team.
In the meanwhile we are closing this thread for InDesign.
I'm going to confirm that the Reading Order panel is very messy with Spans but the styles do export to the proper tags. For the sake of clarity, I'm going to file a new bug with more descriptions.
Issue is now fixed and is part of InDesign’s latest update, Id 13.1
Please update your InDesign for the resolution of the issue.
1.) Apply alternate text to graphic using Object > Object Export Options.
2.) Anchor graphic into frame
3.) Add containing text frame to Articles panel.
4.) Export to PDF including tags
The result is that the exported PDF file doesn't have the alternate text applied