stalls intermittently, seconds to minutes of spinning beach ball or Application not responding
Stalls to a spinning beach ball intermittently during use. Add images in frames, move images or add text, what-ever, it suddenly just stalls and can take seconds to minutes before clearing. CS6, the CC2017 worked fine. Now CC2018 seems to have regressed in performance. I have to FORCE QUIT at times. MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
We acknowledge the issue that you are facing. But in order to address the same we would need more specifics from you.
1. Please share the specs of your machine.
2. Version of InDesign
3. A short clip of the scenario where you are facing the issue.
You may share these details at sharewithID@adobe.com
It will help us to investigate the problem
Philippe Maintigneux commented
InDesign 14.0.2 + Mojave 10.14.4. Same problem. I have mentionned it a long time ago. It seemed to go better on or two weeks ago. But this week, I see the spinning wheel too often. No link can be made with the length of the document, it happens also on very simple one page documents.
Same problem on Windows 10!!!!! Any action starts with Not responding!!!
Same story here, with a little investigation found that spinning ball happens ALWAYS on these conditions:
- Any kind of document which is long enough (eg. >50 pages)
- Happens when switching back to ID coming from any other app. Once you focus on ID you get the freeze
- Freezing time is proportional to document lenght (50 pages: 2 seconds, 500 pages: >1 minute)
- High Sierra with CC 2018 Clean install, no plugins, no preflight, no background tasks, no strange software
Please advice here if you face the same behavior
I am also experiencing this issue on a constant basis making InDesign pretty much unusable. Extremely frustrating!
InDesign 13.1 / MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 / iMac Retina 5K
I have the same problem and I'm running on version 10.13.6 of MacOS.
Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.3
Indesign CC 13.01
Delay/lag/latency issue on almost every aspect of Indesign since updating to High Sierra. The application is almost unusable for a professional!