Bug details

New File keyboard shortcut

1. Using InDesign CC 2018 on a Mac.
2. Upon launching Indesign the command+n shortcut for a new file does not function. Only works when I have a file open.
3. Expected result would be for it to come to the new file options box.
4. Just makes the weird bumping sound and I have to go up to file and select new file.

This keyboard shortcut works on Illustrator CC 2018 and Photoshop CC 2018 upon launching. Thank you!

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reyna Diaz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I have no document open command + N does not work. If I have a document open then command + N does work. I go to new document via the drop down menu it still shows command + N as a shortcut for new document it also shows that is still being the shortcut when I go to preferences and lookup shortcuts. “Show Start Workspace When No Documents Are Open” Is already turned off. This problem is intermittent.
    Cc 2019, Mac OS 10.13.6

• Tom L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NOT RESOLVED

For me (Mac OS 10.14.2 (18C54)) and ID 2019 14.0.1 this bug still holds true! When I start ID, Cmd-O nor Cmd-N work. I have to firstly do this manually, after that it works as promised.

• Reyna Diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Anasuiya,

Thank you for your help. I went through the steps. The preference setting for #3 was already turned off. I turned it on and the Cmd+N worked.

Feedback and Knowledge Base