Spanning columns crashes program
Working with span columns with large documents creates a bug invested document. I'm working on a document now that crashes everytime I make any change to it. So much for professional program.
The fix is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can download the latest available build (22.214.171.124) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.
Adobe InDesign team
Same problem started in one document has spread to most documents. Resetting preferences and clearing cache does nothing. Will email files.
William Overbeeke commented
Same problem. Seems to happen a lot around tables. For instance, if I have a paragraph style with span all columns turned on preceding a table, it will crash.
Same problem. Large document, lots of indented quotes that I'm trying to assign Span Columns / All to, so I can have space above and below a series of indented paragraphs. Crashes every time. I've submitted about 6 crash reports tonight while trying various workarounds, but no success. This is a rather huge problem for me, since I can't proceed with the current publishing project.
Sanyam Talwar commented
Can you please share the document on firstname.lastname@example.org for further investigation.