Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. InCopy character panel blank

My coworker is on a PC running InCopy 2019 and has had an issue with InCopy since CC2017. The panels (not sure which ones are there other than the character panel) move from the side to the top and go blank and are utterly unusable. Turning them off and on again doesn't do anything. Any ideas on making it usable again?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. it takes forever to get the document analytics then it comes up after 5 -7 minutes with all zeroes. Trying again, it comes up with other #s

it takes forever to get the document analytics then it comes up after 5 -7 minutes with all zeroes. Trying again, it comes up with other #s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. gpu

I am staggered that Adobe InDesign does not support GPU performance on standard display i-Macs - there must be tens of thousands of frustrated InDesign users now struggling with performance issues. This is a huge oversight, particularly when Photoshop and Illustrator both support GPU performance on older iMacs - sad to say very poor of Adobe.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Snapping objects is funky

When moving or scaling objects and aligning (snapping) them to guides or objects, they don't snap to the guides or objects exactly. I regularly
    need to zoom in and visually align them correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Preferences missing from Edit menu

The Preferences choice in my Edit menu is not showing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. InDesign CC 2019 doesn't show anything when opening and when creating new project

Hi everyone, I've this problem with InDesign and also with Photoshop and Illustrator CC 2019. When I run the program and I try to create a new document the settings window is black and I cannot see anyting. You can see it in the attached picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. InDesign CC 2019 doesn't show anything when opening and when creating new project

Hi everyone, I've this problem with InDesign and also with Photoshop and Illustrator CC 2019. When I run the program and I try to create a new document the settings window is black and I cannot see anyting. You can see it in the attached picture.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. new version switches back to older version

I use InDesign for our school newsletter. I'm having issues with it switching from 2017 version to 2018 on any given day. This could be a department issue or could it be the program. Very frustrated with it at the moment. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Wacom tablet settings nonfunctional

Wacom tablet setting for InDesign CC 2019 won't show or function in the active application. The touch ring and radial menu setting do not show up. The default settings appear instead. The screen grabs demonstrate how the touch ring behaves with the four default functions; autoscroll/Zoom, Cycle Layers, Brush Size and Canvas Rotation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for updating text thread when rearranging pages.

Allow for a more efficient way to rearrange pages and page content once page layouts have been created. Currently, rearranging pages breaks numbered lists and moving text within story editor breaks the visual layout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. save

I can't save anything in InDesign anymore. Get the message the document is "damaged" Failure code 0 or 1. The same happens when I try to Save as och Save a copy. I deleted the application (including the preferences) completely , downloaded it and installed again – no difference. I tried to create a new document as well, without mounting or writing anything in it – the same result. Mac 27" 2013, Mojave, latest InDesign from the Cloud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. save

I can't save anything in InDesign anymore. Get the message the document is "damaged" Failure code 0 or 1. The same happens when I try to Save as och Save a copy. I deleted the application (including the preferences) completely , downloaded it and installed again – no difference. I tried to create a new document as well, without mounting or writing anything in it – the same result. Mac 27" 2013, Mojave, latest InDesign from the Cloud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Problem aligning workspace elements on second screen 14.0.1

Working on a second screen with my MacBook Pro laptop, elements of the workspace are not moveable. Please see image to understand the moveable points on those tabs appear to be off-screen and are not on the laptop either. I've tried numerous workspaces, but this problem persists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Short Cut Keys no longer work in Indesign 2019

Indesign 2019
    Most of the old standard short cut keys no longer work and I cannot find anywhere what the new ones are or if I can change to a legacy mode. I'm talking basic old school short cuts like "space" to bring up the hand tool temporarily and the "shift" key to proportionately scale an object. Can anyone help me out with this as my productivity is grinding to a halt and I am not happy one bit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Major lagging/hanging when typing text and selecting objects

InDesign 14.0.1; Windows 10

I was experiencing some major lag when typing text, up to 30 seconds. Even when text started to appear, words would appear only one letter at a time with significant delay in between. The problem then expanded to selecting and moving objects around on a page. InDesign for me has been unusable for the past few hours (Jan. 25, 2019 from 1:30 - 4:30pm EST). I even tried reverting back to version 14.0 and had no luck. Rebooted several times. I then went into my system restore and saw that earlier today a Microsoft Visual C++…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Color Managment plugin (CS6)

Upon getting the new Apple update for the MacOS Mojave (version 10.14.2) Most of my programs from my Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection, including, but not limited to Indesign CS6 are no longer supported, do to the Update not running anything less the 64-Bit (intel).
    The message that comes up is in the attached file
    It follows with a contact the App company for further support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. InDesign is very slow when all or most of the fonts in the document are missing

This problem occured for the first time already in the 14.0 version and version 14.0.1 didn't fix the problem. When all the fonts or most of the fonts are missing in the document, scrolling between spreads is very, very slow. InDesign freezes for few seconds when scrolling from spread to another (see the attached video file). Please let me know if you need more details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. animated zoom

To enable animated zoom I need to use GPU performance (which I exceed requirements) but I also need a certain monitor. Maybe not a bug but its a bit like saying I can't use AC in my car because its the wrong colour.
    Not being able to use the animated zoom, which ruins the workflow between adobe applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug - Indesign loses almost all settings when crashing

When InDesign crashes (harder than usual) it loses almost all personal settings.
    Example:
    Saved document presets
    Some shortcut bindings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base