1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4924 results found

1. Expand PublishOnline Analytics (PART II)

Hello!
    Would be possible to get the data of each document day by day instead of big figures? I mean, I would like to know how many people have read my document in the first 24 h after its publication, 2 days after, in the third day... and so on.
    That´s very important (and urgent) for us in order to make decissions regarding contents.
    Thank you very much in advance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. color profile black listing and/or whitelisting in preflight

Not everything that is RGB is bad in today's print publishing. While we certainly don't want to use sRGB images if we can avoid it, there are some good options for color spaces in media-neutral design workflows (e.g. eciRGB, Adobe RGB).
    Being warned that certain undesirable color profiles are being used in linked images, and skipping those that are considered okay, should improve any modern desktop publishing workflow.
    A "missing/no profile" option should also be included, as these cases completely defeat the purpose of color management workflows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Image Editing

Built-in image editing feature, lite version that has Hue/Saturation, Levels, and Curves for InDesign so it's quick and easy to manipulate images natively in InDesign, instead of back and forth between PS & ID.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Apply Paragraph Styles to a Table style by column

It would be really helpful if it was possible to design a table style that uses a particular paragraph style for each column.

For example, I currently build a catalog with multiple tables with either 3 or 4 columns. Column 1 is an item number that, column 2 is a product name, column 3 is the price, and column 4 is the price with discount in the case there's a promo. Each of those columns has a paragraph style defined (actually two, one with white text, one with black). I also already have a table style built based on if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Find/Change Object Position

Feature request: add object position to Find/Change so the position of repeating objects can be changed en masse. Find/Change size would also be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Typesetter Mode: Disable Typing Toggle

I work for a book publisher and typeset hundreds of books a year. It would be nice to have a toggle that would disable the ability to add or remove characters from a text frame. Retain the ability to adjust leading, tracking, and other formatting, but prevent accidentally adding characters to the author's text. I currently map "W" to "esc" using keyboard shortcuts, but it would be a kind of nice feature to have built in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If multiple users could update the same document and publish while updating the SAME LINK. Currently one user can update an existing link.

If multiple users could update the same document and publish while updating the SAME LINK. Currently one user can update an existing link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Open more than one document per session (in Open > Recent)

I copydesk book files using InCopy. The book comes to me in chapters, 1 file per chapter, each in a separate subfolder. I work on each book/chapters for several weeks, so I have to close/open them several times a week (and turn off my computer every day, of course). I know there must be a way to merge these documents into a book or something like that, but that's not the point here (I have to accept this workflow and manage it as best I can). Also, I'm not talking here about file tabs, of course (I open several documents…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Disable embedding assets... please...

I spend a huge amount of time in my work editing other people's artwork and the number one issue is embedded images that have been pasted in (instead of file-> place).

I have to jump through lots of hoops to get files to process correctly.

I'm not sure how it would work, but an option to have embedded files restricted by default, with a preference to allow it (with a warning dialog) would go a huge way to instilling the right working practice in new users.

And save me a huge amount of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow placed Word Documents to map styles within folders

When placing a word document into indesign using the map styles feature, inDesign will only automatically map to existing styles in the document if they are in the root folder of the styles pane. If styles are in subfolders new styles of the same name are created in the root and I manually have to remove them and relink to the existing ones.

This is a nightmare when you have a lot of styles to map, as you end up with a messy styles pallette - i'd love to create subfolders for list / headings / footer styles etc :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why facebook customer service is important?

The professional employed for the Facebook customer service is important for delivering the solution to their social media account users. Different issues are common with Facebook accounts. Therefore, initiating an instant solution is the important factor to keep using Facebook at all times as per the real-time requirements. Such an aspect is crucial at all times for better management of the Facebook account. https://www.pcmonks.net/facebook-customer-service.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Find out the vitality of Facebook Phone Number:

Your Facebook account is so important, it's critical to choose a source that will allow you to contact Facebook Phone Number. You can always approach the support team to help you with any problems. In terms of fixing the difficulties that their consumers bring up, they are highly trained individuals. As a result, Facebook account holders should educate themselves on the many parts of the solution. https://www.pcmonks.net/facebook-customer-service.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Lightroom to InDesign "Edit with"

I really wish I could easily go between Lightroom and InDesign. I regularly create proposals etc in InDesign and load in images that print dark. I would love the ability to right click and edit in Lightroom. Lightroom is far better/intuitive for me for basic edits of images than Photoshop. You offer Edit in: Photoshop, After effects etc. In Premiere you offer many options but not Lightroom. Seems like it would (as a side benefit) encourage use of another of your products.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create custom stroke with arrow ends

Need Custom stroke styles with arrow start or end and it can be applied in tables to. It will help in designing hierarchial data and other complex designs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Letters after a number i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th to automatically beocme supersrcipt while typing

InDesign to recognise the "st", "nd", "rd", and "th" after a number and make it superscript for numbers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Interactive text fields to have longer names. Field names are limited to 100 characters currently. This limits use of names values.

Allow Interactive text fields to have longer names. Field names are limited to 100 characters currently. This limits use of names values in other products like Adobe Sign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Select path for text wrap for Illustrator files

When applying text wrap to an image (PSD, TIF, JPEG) the user can select a path to apply text wrap to. This allows the user to edit the path within the image using Photoshop’s path editing tools. This is much better than InDesign’s pen for editing a text wrap path. This is probably the worst path editing feature in any professional graphics program. So it’s a good thing we can edit that path somewhere else.

You know what program has the best pen tool? Illustrator. It also has excellent operators for paths, such as expanding paths and merging them. I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enlarge printing on controls

Enlarge the print on the control panels so that people with low vision can see and work on InDesign and Photoshop. My vision is failing and I publish a 32 page magazine on InDesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There should be a possibility to kern just one char using Character styles.

There should be an option to kern just one character using Character styles. At present there are only 3 option in Character style window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Popup message if INDD document opens as "read only"

We work on a cloud server (Nasuni). There is a slight lag (up to a few minutes) when a user opens a file and the lock file is synced to the cloud server.

Occasionally, someone will be able to open a file that another user already has open. When that happens, in the document tab, the document shows as (read only). But there's nothing beyond that small text in the document tab to tell the user they are not working in a file they can save (and that someone else has the source document open).

What I would like to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?