1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4926 results found

1. Would like the find/replace font also store/show the actual filename for the font, not just the display version.

Would like the find/replace font also store/show the actual filename for the font, not just the display version: I have recently received a new (Windows) computer at work, it has has some issues, and I didn't copy over all of the installed fonts on the previous computer, as I probably did not need many of them anymore. I work for a printing company that does updates and new set ups, so use a lot of fonts from a lot of sources. It is a real time user to find the correct font file for many jobs, given Windows' naming conventions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to export to multiple places

I'd love to be able to chose multiple locations for a file to be exported to. It could work similarly to the export options in Lightroom Classic or the way you can export artboards or assets in Illustrator.

I frequently have to export a file in more than one format and in more than one place, so this would save me the time it takes and the brain spaces required for me to remember to do it.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Batch upload Share for Review

Please allow batch/multiple document upload for the Share for Review feature. At present it is buggy, crashes and the invidual document sharing method slows down the workflow. Having a single bulk upload process would make this feature indespensible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Indesign UI bigger

People have been complaining for years about Indesign's hard to see UI and the inability to make adequate changes. Why is it 2020, and this issue is still unresolved? I shouldn't have to change my Windows UI to make it better, which by the way it doesn't. Attached pic of my display at the recommend UI setting of 250% on a 15 inch screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The ability to make text invisible or 'replacing' it with '___' using the Character Style

I recently worked with a publication that needed to hide part of the text in different places. The full text also had to be shown next to it.
    It would be possible to arrange this by means of GREP-styles, if it were possible to use some kind of pseudo font with zero character width or something like.
    Also it would be useful having an opportunity visually replace any symbol with underline (such an idea is often using in a language textbooks) using character styles.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Background Packaging

It would be amazing if when you are packaging a document, the packaging would go on in the background (like when you export as a PDF) so that I can continue to work on other things while something is being packaged. Sometimes packaging takes 5+ minutes and I feel like I have wasted time when I could be working on something else while it packages in the background.

Just an idea!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to create a shortcut for a paragraph style including "apply next style"

You can add a shortcut to each paragraph style. If you apply it to several paragraphs they will all be in this style although you may have insert a "next style" to apply.
    So it would be great to have the opportunity for 2 shortcuts:
    – the way it's used to be
    – for applying the style plus next style

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. export to after effects layers

would be great for workflow if it would be possible to import indesign into after effects like photoshop or illustrator files.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Measure Space Between Objects & Margins With a Toggle Key

I'd love to see some of the same measurement tools that have made their way into Adobe XD and Photoshop work in InDesign.

Being able to quickly see the space between objects and margins is great in these tools and I think it would be helpful in InDesign as well.

I know the gap tool has some of this functionality, but I'm specifically looking to recreate the toggle function like holding alt/opt in Adobe XD. Perhaps the gap tool could be modified to have a toggle function to display the measurements in a similar way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the ability to remove or change the position of the 'home' button in the top left

It would be helpful to be able to move this button as it's so close to 'file' - accidental clicks of it can be irritating. I realize you can use Alt > F to open File, but often a click is easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option for creating variable sets

At present we have an option to define the variables but it would be great to have an option to group the variables (like a set). This could help the writers in easily managing the content.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We need an Adobe product that creates charts better than a MS product!

Years have gone by without Adobe recognizing that InDesign is used for a LOT of annual reports that are chart-heavy. Built-in functionality in Illustrator is appalling at best, then to have to break a chart apart and literally re-type every label for potentially 100+ charts for a report is ridiculous. We need the ability to control the look and feel of a wide variety of charts natively (with the ability link to various data sources -- spreadsheet, odbc, etc.).

Alternatives?
    Use Excel and export as a PDF and link it. However edits are onerous when you have to change the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. No stupid US Letter size for UK

No stupid US Letter, tabloid & legal sizes in New document presets (for UK version of InDesign), I know we share a language but we don't want that nonsense. Can we have more sizes we use like A2, A1 etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. support languages of Vanuatu, which are currently very difficult to typeset, with no text flow

AFAICT, InCopy (and InDesign) do not currently support several writing systems, which makes font design for those scripts difficult. The avoiuli script of Vanuatu, for example, which is boustrophedon and can change from btm-to-top to top-to-btm. I'm working with a professional typographer, and trying to design a font that can't be implemented by any word processor that we know of means that a lot of choices in the design are probably not optimal. The best option currently seems to be placing a hard return at the end of each line, with manual RTL/LTR control, and sorting the lines in reverse…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make access setting public by default

Make access setting in share for review public by default or let us be able to change default settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support for Mac Number

It would be nice if data fusion also worked with Mac Numbers without the need to export to an Excel format. It would greatly improve workflow for Numbers users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Double page / spread preview

I would appreciate a double page / spread preview for single page documents. That would allow me to work with single pages to achieve certain bleed needs (example: single printed menu card sheets that need bleed all around - but still show as double pages inside the menu book) while still being able to see the layout as a whole. That saves the time of sticking the pages together and separating them afterwards again.

This requests asks for a different approach, but I assume for the same purpose: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/31305193-auto-speads-into-pages

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Interactive Form Fields need to be fully editable (i.e. Color, paragraph styles, Sample Text)

When exporting an Interactive PDF from InDesign, we still need to be able to assign Colors and Paragraph Styles AND retain the FPO copy we have typeset in the Text box.

For example, in my attached screenshot, when I choose to export as an Interactive PDF, I need to see all of the copy within the box show up exactly as shown. I have it set up so that it still feels slightly designed (despite being a form) and worded so that the client can follow along and replace certain parts with specific language. Right now upon export, this copy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Numbering Pages

I wish you could make it easy to number pages - as easy as on Word. It is so complicated on InDesign and I have failed to make it work. As a result, I have had to publish books without numbered pages, and that is frustrating for all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add text wrapping feature to combo box for interactive pdf drop down boxes with statements/questions.

I am trying to create an interactive pdf interview guide for my company. We would like to have the possible questions they can ask in a drop down format to help ensure the same question isn't asked by multiple people. I need to be able to add more characters to the combo box, then I also need them to automatically text wrap so that the text isn't displayed as a tiny line of text that isn't readable. I think Excel allows you to create drop downs with sentences that will wrap text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base