Sam Baldwin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Abhinav, great to hear. Any idea about a time frame, when we can expect it to be implemented? No pressure ;)

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, this is extremely important for InDesign (and right now is breaking the flow of anything coming from illustrator)

• Tommi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this feature! It feels very restricting to go from illustrator to indesign and not have variable font support.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indesign should be the first to support variable fonts!
    And please add sophisticated control, like being able to use them with character/paragraph styles etc.

• Steve Laskevitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Variable fonts offer the kind of nuanced adjustment to type that InDesign has always pioneered. It is an obvious and suitable addition. Odd that it's in Photoshop and Illustrator first--exceedingly odd that it's in those and *not* in InDesign.

• Olli Meier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome! I am looking forward to see the support for variable font in InDesign in the future.

Olli

• Jakob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Widt Axis Variation instead of Glyph Scalibg is something I would really like to have as well. I actially made a Variable font just for easier justification.

Just as important, for me at least, would be PostScript Support. Also a way to leave the font as as ocr searchable text instead of converting it into paths.

Feedback and Knowledge Base