2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4915 results found

1. Transpaencies

Please can transparencies be added to the 'Shading and Border' feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Export PDF to Google Drive (Cloud)

Please make it possible to export a PDF directly from InDesign to Google Drive (see Adobe Spark)

Currently this is only possible if you use Google Drive File Stream. (Desktop App)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Review Online: Changes on comments

When you change text that has been highlighted it jumps down to Unresolved. I constantly have to find my way back to the comment section I was on. Very annoying.

Also, if I hit command-V when i have text in comment highlighted it suddenly changes the filter to just "Resolved"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would like the find/replace font also store/show the actual filename for the font, not just the display version.

Would like the find/replace font also store/show the actual filename for the font, not just the display version: I have recently received a new (Windows) computer at work, it has has some issues, and I didn't copy over all of the installed fonts on the previous computer, as I probably did not need many of them anymore. I work for a printing company that does updates and new set ups, so use a lot of fonts from a lot of sources. It is a real time user to find the correct font file for many jobs, given Windows' naming conventions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to export to multiple places

I'd love to be able to chose multiple locations for a file to be exported to. It could work similarly to the export options in Lightroom Classic or the way you can export artboards or assets in Illustrator.

I frequently have to export a file in more than one format and in more than one place, so this would save me the time it takes and the brain spaces required for me to remember to do it.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Batch upload Share for Review

Please allow batch/multiple document upload for the Share for Review feature. At present it is buggy, crashes and the invidual document sharing method slows down the workflow. Having a single bulk upload process would make this feature indespensible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Background Packaging

It would be amazing if when you are packaging a document, the packaging would go on in the background (like when you export as a PDF) so that I can continue to work on other things while something is being packaged. Sometimes packaging takes 5+ minutes and I feel like I have wasted time when I could be working on something else while it packages in the background.

Just an idea!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Measure Space Between Objects & Margins With a Toggle Key

I'd love to see some of the same measurement tools that have made their way into Adobe XD and Photoshop work in InDesign.

Being able to quickly see the space between objects and margins is great in these tools and I think it would be helpful in InDesign as well.

I know the gap tool has some of this functionality, but I'm specifically looking to recreate the toggle function like holding alt/opt in Adobe XD. Perhaps the gap tool could be modified to have a toggle function to display the measurements in a similar way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option for creating variable sets

At present we have an option to define the variables but it would be great to have an option to group the variables (like a set). This could help the writers in easily managing the content.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. support languages of Vanuatu, which are currently very difficult to typeset, with no text flow

AFAICT, InCopy (and InDesign) do not currently support several writing systems, which makes font design for those scripts difficult. The avoiuli script of Vanuatu, for example, which is boustrophedon and can change from btm-to-top to top-to-btm. I'm working with a professional typographer, and trying to design a font that can't be implemented by any word processor that we know of means that a lot of choices in the design are probably not optimal. The best option currently seems to be placing a hard return at the end of each line, with manual RTL/LTR control, and sorting the lines in reverse…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make access setting public by default

Make access setting in share for review public by default or let us be able to change default settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Interactive Form Fields need to be fully editable (i.e. Color, paragraph styles, Sample Text)

When exporting an Interactive PDF from InDesign, we still need to be able to assign Colors and Paragraph Styles AND retain the FPO copy we have typeset in the Text box.

For example, in my attached screenshot, when I choose to export as an Interactive PDF, I need to see all of the copy within the box show up exactly as shown. I have it set up so that it still feels slightly designed (despite being a form) and worded so that the client can follow along and replace certain parts with specific language. Right now upon export, this copy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a preference option to allow InDesign to give you PDF import options when you drag a PDF into an open InDesign window

When you drag a PDF into InDesign, it only loads the cursor with the first page of the PDF. In order to load multiple pages or specific pages of a PDF, you need to place the PDF and tick the box to show PDF import options.

Would be nice to have a preference to turn on so that when you drag in a multiple page PDF into an open ID window, it pops up those PDF import options dialogue box automatically. Of course, if it's just a single page PDF, it will just load the single page into the cursor.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Text form field with several columns

In the case of a text form field, text areas that extend over several columns are automatically recognised and can also be continued in the form.

Good for the following use case: If templates are created where the text is displayed in columns, it would be good if the form fields could also be linked together. So that the maximum number of characters is automatically distributed over the specified number of columns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improved default text settings

In Settings / Text, the checkbox "apply leading to whole paragraph" (or similar, I am using Swedish language) is unchecked by default. It has been this way since the stone age, but I can not see any reason at all why this should not be checked, leading to risk of errors. It should be checked by default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export to image file with naming option to include artboard

Why, when you can do this in other Adobe products, it does not exist in the LAYOUT software?????????

HOW IS THIS NOT NATIVE ALREADY??? Please make this your priority for next update. I am sure many on this forum use ID for exporting several if not 30 or so sizing layouts for a single ad or social media space????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. InDesign to create powerfull presentations

InDesign should compite with Keynote/powerpoint, or make it easier to export from indesign to those apps.

Animated stuff is actually a need to communicate. Most of us prefer InDesign to create presentations, beacuse you can get a much bigger detail of design, than in powerpoint or keynote.

The point is that the combination of InDesign/PDF give you some limits that can be done in keynote/PP. That is a pain point for me. As a solution,
    1. this combination should compite those apps with the same features
    2. Having an adobe software to presentations, but we still need a format (pdf)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adjust Text Frame With Type Tool

It KILLS me every time I input or type text in INDD and get the cursed overset text error, but I have to switch to the Selection Tool to reframe the text box, then switch back to the Type Tool and continue. PowerPoint and even Google Slides allow you to move your cursor near the boundaries and adjust the size of the text frame without switching tools.

What's more, switching to different tools while editing type is slightly annoying. Because you can't hit 'v' for selection tool, you either have to click the selection tool or click outside the text…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can easily achieve this without the need to switch to the Selection Tool.
    Hold down the Ctrl key (while you are in text edit mode or even when you are not in text edit mode or when the text frame that you want to resize is not even selected). When you hover the mouse over the text frame, you will see Resizing handles (shown as 9 solid points on the bounding box) – you can drag to resize the text frame.
    Hope this helps.

InDesign team

19. truly floating frames such as are available in FrameMaker

FrameMaker has a fabulous option for anchored frames that allows it to truly "float" in the sense that if the text flow causes the anchor to be too close to the bottom of the page, the floating frame will appear on the following page.
    With InDesign the frame will stay on the same page, appear at least partially above the anchor, in which case the text-wrap doesn't get applied so an image inside the frame would for example cover part of the text.
    So I would request to implement FrameMaker's version of floating frames!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Toggle pages of a linked file

Much like the 'Object Layer Options', can we please have a 'Linked Pages Options' so we can toggle which page of a PDF/INDD file is shown?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base