2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4912 results found

1. Add submenu listed to Paragraph settings

When editing a Paragraph Style, we can see all options in the left column of the panel. Why no ad that to the Paragraph panel als well

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Copy & paste formatted text between apps

It is beyond baffling that Adobe is so incompetent they have not been able to implement a way to copy and paste formatted text between their own applications. There can only be two reasons we can’t copy and paste formatted text between (for example) Illustrator and InDesign: Either Adobe is unwilling to add this feature or Adobe is incapable of adding this feature.

Even a way to save formatted text between programs then place it would be an improvement over the nothing we have now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For the love that all is good and right, please provide an option to disable the "missing fonts" dialogue box upon opening files.

For those of us who have, for years, been opening InDesign files where we know there are missing fonts, we've literally wasted several weeks of our lives clicking the "skip" button. Can you please include a preference that allows us to turn-off this feature?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. lauge.rosendahl@arcanetinmen.com

Let InDesign remember the last chosen size of the app window on screen.
    Like many people I work on a very large screen, and I have to refit the extend of the window every time I start InDesign. I think the problem is the same across most of your apps. Windows 10 btw.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a 'Quantize' function

A Quantize function should align selected vertices and layout element to the nearest document grid points. This allows for quick layout / design sessions to be aligned to grid after wards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Convert Table to Form

Should be a simple way to tell InDesign (and later Acrobat) that a table is a form.

Column A are the Field names, column B are the blank fields. No field recognition necessary, just spreadsheet logic. Even a dialog where you define which rows/columns are what would be a huge boost.

Would save 3 headaches: 1) not knowing if Acrobat will recognize the fields, 2) renaming each field 1-by-1, and 3) setting the text formatting 1-by-1 (Acrobat can batch this but InDesign can't).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. spell check

Spell check in Indesign is not fit for purpose in its current state, it is slow and clunky and gives no indication of where you are when checking a long document, could it not give a list of words like links panel that you can click to go to? At least implement some sort of progress bar and indication of how man words are incorrect/need reviewing. The forwards and backwards button do not help in any way - i'm sure the reason you need the change direction is only because its so slow and clunky that it goes past a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Zoom tool improvements - fill window, scrubby zoom, and more

Several improvements needed for the Zoom tool - scrubby zoom (as per other ideas posted), zoom buttons at the top (similar to PS, as attached image), ability to zoom out when clicking, ability to hold and zoom, ability to make the page/spread fill the window. Eliminate the need to go to View for anything that isn't click to zoom. Basically, simple features that come with Photoshop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hover over panels to expand them and let them collapse automatically

Hi
    When working on a single (and small) monitor setup I am constantly collapsing and moving the panels of Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator because that specific panel is hidden behind another expanded panel.

This should fix that problem and should save me multiple clicks:
    The option to expand panels when hovering over the panel's icon and auto-collapse them when the mouse leaves the expanded panel. The workspace stays clean that way and I don't need to constantly close unused panels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow InCopy to track which file is imported (either by filename, path link?)

I work in magazines, and we go through several Word file versions of a story before it gets placed into the layout (InDesign/InCopy workflow). There have been times when the story has been updated after the copy has been imported into the magazine, and it would be great to see which version is currently in the layout to ensure we're working with the most recent versions of the Word file. Just as you can see the linked images placed in InDesign, InCopy should be able to show the filename in which the copy was imported from!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tracking: highlight tight and loose lines with two colours

I typeset books and it is often useful to see at a glance where text can be tweaked in order to make or lose a line. Having two colours would make it much quicker and easier to identify affected lines. Being able to modify the colours would be a bonus.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Urgent Need to retain Metadata in PNG Export for transparent Composited images

In Design critically needs to retain Image Metadata when exporting composite image to .PNG! This is an urgent need and no brainer! Please support!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Arc or Warp feature for conical label designs

Please include warp features in Indesign so that labels for conical and tapered shapes can be created easily on an arc. The ability to create a curved template via inputting the top and bottom circumference of a cone should also be included so that curves can be customised. If this is not possible then possibly a PDF warp feature of exported flat designs from indesign would be useful. At present 3rd party software or plugins that offer this functionality (similar to Studio by Esko) are very expensive.

Thanks, Justin

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to hide fonts

One thing that I would love to see is a hide button that allows you to hide rarely used and/or system fonts from the main list. Having to scroll through a large list of often useless or irrelevant fonts, to find the ones that might work for your project tends to be frustrating and inefficient, especially in an application meant for text and document layout. Having an option to reduce the amount of visual clutter, would make for a better user experience and more effective workflows. The document is a quick mockup I made to show what it might look…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Application Menu Search (Windows)

I know this is an operating system thing, but after switching to Windows from Mac, I'm missing the search bar under the Help menu. I made a suggestion on the Windows Feedback Hub, but it doesn't seem to be getting much traction there. Unless I'm missing something, there's got to be others of you missing this functionality. Here's a link to my Windows Feedback Hub request. Go there and upvote! https://aka.ms/AAdvidk

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Character Limits, Comb Line Form Fields and Font Alignment for Form Fields

Hello,

I would like to suggest that character limits can be set for comb line form fields. Also I would like there to be a possibility of creating comb line form fields (without creating tables). In addition, there should be alignment of the text as an option in the form field (whether left, center or right). This would save so much time and effort so that once the document is exported as a tagged PDF, those features mentioned would also be set. Finally, there should be a way to tag layout tables so that it does not register as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Horizontal column/row guides when creating a new document

Ability to create rows as well as columns as guides when creating a new document so that we can easily grid a page. Often I have to put items 4-up or 8-up and so forth and having the vertical columns is helpful but it would be even better to be able to have horizontal rows at the same time instead of having to measure them and drag guides down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After 2023, InDesign will automatically transform Type 1 font in OTF font when opening document with Type 1 font

After 2023, InDesign will automatically transform Type 1 font in OTF font when opening document with Type 1 font

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Smooth trackpad two finger scrolling

Smooth trackpad two finger scrolling. Using Macbook Pro with m1. Currently, scrolling two fingers via trackpad is laggy. Wish it was as smooth as scrolling while using the hand tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Additional View Options

I would like to be able to view my pages in a grid format, similar to viewing art boards in a grid in Illustrator, for ease of design review across many pages and spreads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base