1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reveal in Bridge should Select File in Bridge

In macOS, Reveal in Finder not only reveals the file, but selects it in the Finder.

Reveal in Bridge should work the same way, to make it easier to immediately manipulate the file (such as updating metadata).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Display Performance High Quality by Default.

I have been using Indesign for about 10 years. I thought in the past when you set display peformance to high quality, then closed and re-opened indesign, the setting would stick.

Now, on the latest version, I have to set it to high quality each time I open a document, which is stupid considering probably 95% of user's computers can handle high quality mode these days. This is so much more basic than dealing with proxies in Premiere which is not on by default... It really should be set to high by default. It's really annoying to have to go…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search entire volume for missing picture / links

Search entire volume for missing picture / links connection as its enormously laborious to search each with windows explorer, then copy to dedicated folder then point Indesign to this dedicated folder.
    Why isn't it possible to point Indesign to a entire volume, let Indesign search for all missing links and by "packing" all files are copied to the "links"-folder. Would be mega-comfortable !!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. spell check

Spell check in Indesign is not fit for purpose in its current state, it is slow and clunky and gives no indication of where you are when checking a long document, could it not give a list of words like links panel that you can click to go to? At least implement some sort of progress bar and indication of how man words are incorrect/need reviewing. The forwards and backwards button do not help in any way - i'm sure the reason you need the change direction is only because its so slow and clunky that it goes past a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatic page shuffling on books (indb) should be opt-in

InDesign automatically changes numbering of files listed on a indb book.
    That's handy but may easily lead to disasters and should be an opt-in

Sometimes I only create indb books when I'm near to finish a book. Each file is already numbered correctly and chapters begin on even pages.

If I'm adding files to my indb one by one and unknowingly skip one of them, InDesign automatically changes page numbering on my files. The problem is that InDesign will also shuffle pages and save files as soon as I add them to my indb.

On simple text books, that doesn't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. InDesign Book feature does not support live endnotes.

InDesign Book feature does not support live endnotes. if you are using the InDesign Book feature, you won’t be able to generate a list of live endnotes to place in the back matter of your book.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Live captions with artboard names

We create a lot of print files for clients in illustrator and proof them in InDesign. It would be great if we could import live captions for the artboard names of Illustrator files to save us having to type these out every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export to a Word/.doc file

Would like to be able to export a project to Word. Which typically exporting to PDF is fine, there are some clients that require us to send them Word/.doc file. I've been exporting to PDF and from there exporting to Word, but that means much of the formatting is lost.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Embed IDML data into INDD files for permanent single-file offline backwards compatibility

Just embed IDML data into every INDD, at least optionally. A separate IDML file requires having foreseen the need for backwards compatibility, making sure it is up to date each time the INDD is changed, or resorting to server-side conversion, all of which are a nuisance and unnecessary.

An IDML’s file size is usually anemic when compared to its INDD counterpart, so that is a non-issue.

Even Photoshop asks you whether you want PSD files to be backwards compatible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Urgent Need to retain Metadata in PNG Export for transparent Composited images

In Design critically needs to retain Image Metadata when exporting composite image to .PNG! This is an urgent need and no brainer! Please support!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sync Workspace and Prefs across all devices

InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop all drive me insane between the laptop and desktop. The workspaces are never the same. Sometimes with an update the workspace I have saved disappears and I have to start all over again setting it up. Sometimes it transfers over. There needs to be an easy way to sync the setting for workspace and preferences across all devices and save a backup of it, so InDesign on laptop matches InDesign on desktop, even after an update. Same for Illustrator and Photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why a new .indd file format with each update?

There was a time ID didn't require a new file format with each yearly update. Although I realize some features may genuinely require a new .indd format, I'm not sure the changes to latest CC22 require one. This is the 4th or 5th consecutive change, which means I have to update all files I regularly use through the years (standards manuals and the like). I can still seamlessly open Photoshop and Illustrator files from 5-10 years ago without worrying about re-saving them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Just like........actually do *something* to improve InDesign??

Many popular, highly voted Indesign feature requests—even some that you've responded to—have just been sitting here languishing for yearS...literally yearS. Would it be possible to do something? Like... just do something to improve the development of the program we all rely on for our careers? Thanks<3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Import formatting from PDF comments

InDesign should apply what ever it recives from the PDF. The formating options for the comments are pretty limited – Bold, Italic, Underline, ...

If I accept a comment that has italic characters, the formatted text would be [italic].

If I accept a comment that has bold characters, the formatted text would be [bold].

If I accept a comment that has bold italic characters, the formatted text would be [bold italic].

If I am using a font that does not have an Italic weight (Maybe it uses Regualre Italic), the text would just recive the standart missing font warning (The…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Movers and packers in Zirakpur

DPS Packers and movers in Zirakpur is a leading packing and moving abet providers in India. Our head office at Zirakpur and many branches in every irregular cities of India, the company offers a summative unbending idea to all your relocation needs.
    https://packersmoversinmohali.in/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support ID Books!

As a freelancer corralling multiple ID files, many which share Styles, Parent Pages and other elements, or need to output in a certain order as a combined PDF, I have long used the Book function in ID and MANY OF MY CLIENTS DO AS WELL. This feature of InDesign is still bare bones, undeveloped and buggy. It needs attention from developers! Here are my wishes for Adobe InDesign Books:

1) The Book Panel is still bare bones. Simply give it your attention.

2) I want all the fly-out menu options for a book to be available with a secondary click/contextual…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. For the love that all is good and right, please provide an option to disable the "missing fonts" dialogue box upon opening files.

For those of us who have, for years, been opening InDesign files where we know there are missing fonts, we've literally wasted several weeks of our lives clicking the "skip" button. Can you please include a preference that allows us to turn-off this feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base