1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. JPEG export should be numbered usefully

InDesign exports JPEGs as: blah.jpg, blah2.jpg, blah3.jpg, etc.

Even InDesign itself can't properly parse this numbering scheme when it imports JPEGs. They should be numbered: blah01.jpeg, blah02.jpg, blah03.jpg, etc.

Either that, or InDesign should be smart enough to recognize and properly import its own JPEGs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Book Panel - Add Editing/Batch-renaming INDD-File-names inside book panel

Please add Editing/Batch-renaming of INDD-Files inside of the book panel. Thats usefull because during work the given filenames often given intuitively. After work with Rename/Batch rename it would be easy possible to change filenames as the scheme as prescribed by the publisher. Also renaming errors are prevented and the workflow would be much faster.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a Shortcut for Effects (instead of Dropshadow)

For some reason, only the Drop Shadow effect has a keyboard shortcut. So if we frequently use an other effect, we can reacht the effects panel by choosing the keyboard shortcut for Drop Shadow. But then we have to first switch off the Drop Shadow effect.
    Why not create a Shortcut to the effects panel, without activating Drop Shadow.

[more: the shortcut currently adds a Drop Shadow AND opens the panel, which is inconvenient if you (for some reason ;-) want to use Drop Shadows all the time.]

Needs a UX rework.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Recently used in Find/Change Format (in Find/Change)

The recently used dropdowns for Find What and Change to are really helpful to re-use recent search terms. Something similar for the Find Format and Change Format options would save a lot of time.

The dropdowns could work well, but being able to dynamically (within each document/book) specify two or three to keep as buttons would be even more helpful, for the most used changes, which for me are really simple things like 'Character style: italics' (Find or Change to my predefined character style called italics).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. trial

I have not been able to productively use the 7 day trial period due to my delayed preparations of the contents of a brochure design.
    I would like to request a brand new 7 days credit to give Indesign a shot to accomplish my task.
    Very truly yours,
    I. Tok
    Structural Engineer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adjust Layout

Adjust Layout is not working right. Please give the option to adjust only margins and nothing else as was working good in CC 2018. The new feature is giving a lot of trouble.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. GPU Acceleration enabled on closed MacBook Pros

I wish that GPU acceleration and the presence of a retina monitor weren't tied tougher. I have a MacBook Pro that I have docked and driving two monitors. If I want GPU acceleration I have to open my laptop when launching InDesign to enable GPU acceleration. I'm not sure why this feature requires a retina screen at launch.

It works just fine if I open the laptop and launch InDesign and close the laptop.
    GPU acceleration doesn't seem to have the same requirements in other Adobe products that I use (Illustrator, Photoshop, or After Effects).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support for Multicores Performance

The most of us have powerful mutlicore computers. I think for sure indesign coult have a huge performance boost with Multicore support.

Until now only powerful 3D programs or video software uses that power. I think in addition of GPU Support it would be a significant performance boost with multi core support.

For an Example: i got a i7 Quad Core Mac. While writing a big PDF, indesign just uses 1 core.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. make data merge possible from Google Sheet without being forced to make csv

I use DataMerge a lot and its really boring to be forced to export an update to csv when working in collaboration.
    If we could use directly the source file Google Sheet we could improve our workflow (Easy Catalog does it !)

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate Macbook Pro Touchbar with InDesign

Hi!

I love Adobe InDesign and use it everyday for work. I recently upgraded to a Macbook Pro with a touchbar. Photoshop and Illustrator both support the customized touchbar feature and it is super efficient and awesome to have many tools right there on the touchbar.

As someone who uses InDesign more than the above mentioned adobe programs, I would LOVE to be able to use the touchbar feature in InDesign as well!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Protect INDD and Unprotect INDD Extensions not Working

Can no longer open my files that have this extension. Please fix ASAP!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Button Functionality for the Ability to Toggle Conditional Formating Layers

It would be amazing to be able to toggle the layers under conditional formatting with Buttons. We have an Instructor Guide and a Participant Guide in the same document and the customer wants everything in the same document. Then the learner or teacher would be able to toggle the text with a button in an interactive PDF.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scratch Disk option

Give InDesign a Scratch Disk option like Photoshop and Illustrator. It consumes far too much memory and runs too slowly on Windows 7.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. InDesign Book (indb) icon

The icon for indd and indb are almost identical. when looking at a folder full of indesign docs it can be a bit difficult to quickly recognize the book file.

Would be nice if the book file was a different color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save/open template with basis name instead of untitled.indd

It would be nice if it would be possible to save an InDesign-template with something like a basis-name (like "COMPANY_XY_business_card_").
    For example: I create a template with the basis-name "COMPANY_XY_business_card_".
    So if I have to create a new business card for "company XY" I just open my template and press "save". The name "COMPANY_XY_business_card_" is already in the name field instead of the usual "untitled.indd". Now I only have to add the name of the person who gets the new card instead of entering the whole "COMPANY_XY..." name.

That would be a nice feature especially for team-working.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paste where mouse is pointing

When not using paste-in-place, the item in the clipboard should paste where your mouse is currently sitting on the screen.

The would save a lot of time when you don't need an item pasted in the same spot but rather in a certain area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Changes to the Interactive>Tab Order dialog

I do many interactive forms with hundreds of fields, and use InDesign for most of its creation, as it's easier for me to create customized filed names. It's just very difficult to rearrange tab order with the inability to see more of the interactive names and needing to scroll up/down in such a small area.

I would like to see this dialog more like many of the regular windows (layers, paragraph styles, etc.). Perhaps also a way to link right to where the field is in the document (like the links window).

Would make this task MUCH easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Now that we can choose the fonts and sizes for forms in indesign it would be nice if we can choose the colour of the fonts too.

After finally being able to choose what font and it's size and style in the forms section of indesign, we seem to be missing the final piece of the puzzle, which is the colour of the font too. Would be really nice to finally get that added in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. XML Enhancements

InDesign is having huge XML limitations, even we cannot handle below mentioned basic options:

(1) Find and Replace the XML Tags with / without Parent XML Tags
    (2) Find and Replace the XML Attributes based on the selected XML Tags
    (3) Converting the selected contents in InDesign into XML Comments
    (4) Copy and paste the contents directly in InDesign from any XML editors without losing XML Tags and XML Attributes
    (5) Show all selected XML Tags with relevant page numbers with link to locate the contents

Much more…

If Adobe is start thinking on improving / breaking these requirements, will…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integrate InDesign ME with InDesign

I currently require occasional use of right-to-left text and therefore require InDesign ME. A major problem with the ME version, however, is that the help page defaults to Arabic. Since I’ve chosen English يدعم العربية as my language choice, one would think an English option would also be available, but no such luck. It really isn't clear to me why the ME version needs to be a separate product rather than simply integrating the right-left features directly into the regular version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base