When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media Panel is missing all playback settings for MP4 files in InDesign 2020

CC 2020 is missing all its control settings for playing MP4 files in an interactive pdf. Until this year's upgrade you had multiple options on what Controller Functions appeared when playing/displaying MP4's in an Interactive PDF document.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

98 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GPU acceleration in Windows PC

Hi! Why does GPU acceleration in InDesign only work on MAC? I have an extremely powerful Windows PC with next-generation Nvidia Quadro video card, and you just forgot about Windows PC users. Can't do like Ilustrator? Can't use GPU processing intelligence in InDesign? I work with huge two- and one-column footnote files with lots of AI and PSD images. But the lack of GPU acceleration is frustrating. Thank you!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Print Booklet needs to support booklets with more than 4-up, e.g., up to 6-up

Print Booklet needs to support booklets with more than 4-up, e.g., up to 6-up.
    The team I am part of produces many z-fold documents in excess of 4-up, often 5-up or 6-up. We need the functionality in Print Booklet to support that. The existing maximum 4-up just isn't enough/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Detect metric system and offer A4, millimeters

It's pretty simple to detect the user country via the OS, so it would be very handy to start indesign with A4 and millimeter units, instead of letter and inches.

Currently, having a fresh install of inDesign, the default page size is letter. To start a new document with A4 is cumbersome. Not good at all, considering that the biggest part of the world uses the metric system and A-sized pages.

Forcing imperial units has no benefits at all, it only annoys the users outside US and Canada.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GPU Support Indesign Windows 10 is urgently needed!

Why is GPU Support for Windows/Indesign not already running yet?
    Other vendors have still good and fast running...
    Plaes give soon a feedback when we can start with GPU Power in Indesign on Windows Systems...
    Otherwise the way leads to other products, which support GPU (for ex. NVidia Quad) under Windows 10...
    It is no option for us to use old MACs ;-)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please make a plug-in to open Pagemaker files .pmd

Pagemaker filer converter or a plug-in to open them and the save them with the appropriate extension

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make InDesign for Ipad

Why is there not an InDesign on ipad?
    I have photoshop on ipad, and I CAN'T work with InDesign on ipad!!! Super frustrating!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PLUGIN to convert PMD to INDD

With InDesign CC19 I can't open all my PMD files (several hundred)!!!
    I hope that you will realize a plugin.

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export XMP metadata with exported JPG and PNG images

Currently, when you select a single placed image, and choose File > Export and export the selection as a JPG or PNG, any metadata that is present in the image (keywords, description, etc) does not appear in the exported image.

What I would like is that if a single image is selected to export, that InDesign would retain all the XMP metadata (or at least the keywords) applied to the image when the image is exported.

The reason this would be useful is that sometimes users will crop and scale an image in InDesign, and then want to export the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PDF comments: Import, respect, and filter against comment colors in InDesign

Please make all of this available in InDesign:

– Show the comment colored in InDesign as it is in Acrobat.

– Let us filter against comment color in InDesign as it is possible in Acrobat.

By default Acrobat comments use different colors. Furthermore the Acrobat user can choose any color for a specific comment or redefine the color for a comment type as he likes to.
    In Acrobat I can even filter all comments by comment color.
    This is quite useful, as it gives the user a good way to distinguish e.g. between typo corrections, grammatical corrections, and other types.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign

Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign with all fields available as Acrobat Pro and be able to live test the form and make changes within InDesign rather than having to export the PDF each time to test the form.

I make forms for clients and it gets very annoying when I set up hundreds of fields in InDesign and finalise a form and a client sees a typo so I have to go back in InDesign and make the fix and then re-export the file and add other fields again to it.

Would also like a feature with…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The dreaded Data Merge "There is at least one data placeholder that cannot be found" error

when using Data Merge, so many of us have gotten the "There is at least one data placeholder that cannot be found in the data source. Make sure all the placeholders correspond to the fields in the data source." error and have spent way too much time trying to find the issue.

Can Adobe add a way to highlight what InDesign is objecting to when this message happens?

This morning, I gave up and inserted the text manually. There were only 4 elements on each of my 5 Master pages and I could not find the offending object.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Quicklook

I would love InDesign to natively support Quicklook on the Mac - the way of previewing documents by hitting the spacebar. There are third party plugins, but they have broken with the release of Catalina/InDesign 2020, and it would be great if ID could natively support this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Send PDF comment status from InDesign back to originating PDF

I love and successfully use the Import PDF Comments function in InDesign. I work through them in ID and Accept and Mark Resolved them in the PDF Comments panel. But…

Feature request: please give us the option to send the comment status from the ID PDF Comments panel back to the originating PDF. Our workflow continues to use that original PDF for comparison with the new PDF to cross-check that the alterations were made. We don't necessarily want to turn our editors loose in our InDesign files thereby introducing the chance for unintended and unnoticed changes. Thank you. ~Signed, the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Split Columns doesn't work correctly yet

If I use the option "Split column" all the paragraphs at the bottom of the page aren't splitted, the option doesn't work correctly (1.png), except when the text boxes are closed manually (2.png), as you can see from the attached files.
    I don't understand the utility of not splitting two columns at the bottom of the page when this property is selected in the options.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. QR WiFi Code generation

QR codes can embed a WiFi password and network information to automatically join the network when scanned. It would be great if the QR Code Generator in InDesign could add this type of QR Code into its capabilities!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Consistent asterisk use for unsaved files

Would be nice to keep the asterisk for unsaved files consistent across Adobe apps: in Indesign the asterisk is IN FRONT of the filename, in Illustrator and Photoshop it's AT THE BACK.
    I sometimes think I've overwritten a file just because the asterisk isn't where I expect it to be :(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add "Grid Calculator PRO" by default in Adobe Indesign CC 2020 or improve the setup of grid / baseline grid

The plugin "Grid Calculator PRO" (https://www.designersbookshop.com/grid-calculator-pro-edition.html) is perfect.

With this plugin you can configure the grid and/or the baseline grid precisely much more that with default setup of Adobe Indesign CC 2020.

It would be interesting to integrate this plugin directly in Adobe Indesign CC 2020 or modify the currently setup of the configuration of grid / baseline grid feature adding more options for this elements.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GPU usage is a feature that many indesign users need today.

Please enable the graphics card function in indesign for windows. I have high performance equipment. But this is of no use in indesign for windows. GPU use is a feature that many InDesign users need today. Differentiating between MAC and windows users is very upset.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spinning Beachball Details

When we get the dreaded spinning beachball (and Window equivalent), which seems to happen more and more with each new InDesign version, can we get some sort of real-time detailed report?

It'd be helpful to know what's going on in the moment so we can take action if necessary. As it is, we have no idea if InDesign is functioning properly or not, if there's a memory shortage, if there's a font conflict, and on and on.

It seems that the app must "know" what's wrong, to generate the spinning beachball -- so why leave users in the dark? We're…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base