1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Returning to the import options tab

I would like a quick shortcut to return to the import options tab for an already imported file! This would save me a lot of time!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Compare 2 indd files

It is difficult to compare very huge indd files.
    It will be very useful if we are able to compare 2 indd files with minute precision including the styles, tags applied to text etc.
    A report should be generated of the change or atleast an UI where the differences can be compared between the 2 documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Live link Microsoft word documents when placed in InDesign

When working with lots of teams and writers in our organisation. the constant issue we run into is only a select group of people have InDesign and the experience to operate the files. If there was a way when placing word documents were linked into InDesign, this would allow for a much more fluid workflow when there are a lot of edits.

I am sure there are many limitations to this, but finding some sort of solution could make a big difference to creating quality documents that will allow non indesign users access. InCopy is not a viable option in…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3Dconnecxion SpaceMouse Support

Please send request to 3Dconnexion company (www.3dconnexion.com), and ask them to add support for their SpaceMouse on InDesign. They wrote me the request should come from you. They already support Photoshop & Acrobat.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Same Features like Affinity Publisher and Photo

I wish to have similar features on InDesign as it is possible with Affinity.

- Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign merge to one programm
    - Much faster handling (zooming, starting programm,
    - Simpler interface
    - and so much more

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. One-click, easy install for Hunspell dictionaries

Please, please make the adding of Hunspell language dictionarys easier.

Have just added a Hunspell language dictionary to InDesign. Wow! What a difficult un-user friendly process. I had to Google to find the baffling instuctions and followed the lengthy guide on InDesignSecrets website.

It's not just me that finds the whole thing so complicated - the InDesignSecrets instructions end with the following words -
    "I never expected installing Hunspell dictionaries to be such an ordeal. And I can understand if these instructions have scared you off. But if you’ve made it all the way down here, you’re obviously need to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multiple footnote referencing

I thought of a way to implement multiple references to the same footnote without breaking HTML links between footnotes.

You could allow for the creation of multiple footnote links from the text into footnotes that point to the same footnote, with a sequence of different secondary designations. For example, footnote 1a, 1b, 1c... all could point to Footnote 1. Then, in the footnote, you could open with 1 a b c ..., with the different letters providing alternate linkbacks to the other places in the text.

This is how Wikipedia handles multiple referencing to the same citation, so there's precedent.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. select similar

It would be helpful to have a select similar feature for lines and other drawn objects like in illustrator because sometimes I need to change a bunch of things to a different line weight and currently must manually find and change them. I always miss it when I'm working in Indesign instead of Illustrator.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve 'Hide New Layers When Updating or Relinking' tick-box

Hide New Layers When Updating or Relinking (unticked) can be very annoying when I actually need the new layers to be shown when updating and relinking, but InDesign warns with a Confirmation Dialog box everytime for every page that is being relinked - it is so annoying, please can you change this tick-box in Preferences to Ask/Never/Always or something like that please, and have this option in the Dialog box so that the relinking and updating process is smoother/quicker/quieter.

Thank you :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Chromebook

Hello to the Adobe InDesign Geniuses! I write this with a heavy heart, I have been a mac holdout/Windows Defender when it comes to Adobe products (Photoshop) since the Mid 1990's If I had to guess, 1995 or 1996. I LOVE Adobe Products and have a huge distaste for mac. I am reaching a breaking point with Windows, they are trying to make an OS SOOO much more and constantly causing problems, I just had to re install windows on 5 computers due to the latest update that I have yet to have one Windows tech support expert agree as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Offset Path option

Offset Path option like in illustrator would be helpful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cpu usage

When i work with a long document, every change i make take a very long time, because InDesign use only one!!! core, when i have 8! Can you improve it?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. missing adobe indesign cs6

missing adobe InDesign cs6 in the new creative cloud desktop application

how to get it back

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Find and Replace by pagenumber/sequence

I'd like to see a Find and Replace by pagenumber/sequence, so you can choose on which pages you can find/replace. Just like exporting pages to pdf.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please increase the size of Note anchors.

Note anchors are not easily seen, even when choosing the "Go to Note Anchor" option in the Notes window. It would be great to have the option to change the size of anchors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the ability to export responsive web graphics

the ability to export marketing web graphics for all the different aspect ratios... ppt cover slides, twitter, facebook, linkedin, instagram, email headers... etc...

for example in illustrator I can do 3x, 2x, png and name art boards to the file extension.

indesign maybe the better place for this the illustrator because I can manage the content with variables, paragraph styles, and master pages

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. scroll through PDF pages while ALREADY placing with cursor directly in document

i'd love to have a feature where i can scroll through the pages of a multi-page PDF document AFTER i i've been in the import options and when i'm already placing stuff directly in the document with the placement cursor.

for expample using the arrows keys (similar to creating a grid when placing multiple images) to scroll to page 5 when the next page would actually be page 2. in addition to the little preview image next to the cursor this might speed up things a lot in some cases.

enlighten me if this is already possible. all i found…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Optimise for web function

Optimise for web function when export jpegs out of Indesign

I find it a lot faster to layout and crop images to various sizes for websites when using Indesign instead of Photoshop.

Could you please add this feature – the file size out of Indesign is too large.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Incorporate iCloud Filemanagement

As my MacBooks SSD isn't too big I've enabled iCloud's storage feature. InDesign doesn't really like when macOS suddenly decides to delete the local copy of files I've embedded into my document and it's a hassle to deal with because there is no way to redownload all the files I need within InDesign. It would be super useful to see a better description of what happened with an embedded file and have to opportunity to download it without having to jump into Finder.

I've read that Apple made it possible to delete a local copy of a file in macOS…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. QR-Code - Overprint Attribute for Black not available

QR-Code - make overprint attribute for Black available
    At this time it is unfortunately not possible to set the attribute for overprint for a black QR code. As today QR codes are well readable on bright colors or images it definitely would be advantageous if this option would be given to avoid register problems in printing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base